Update from Nathan on the EURODAM!!!

SakeDad

HELLO!!!!! Well, it's been a WHIRLWIND since I got the call to be hired as the Stage Manager for the shows on the Eurodam! I had 4 days to pack up and get to Venice and start learning 5 shows!!!!:eek: The shows are fabulous and very fun. The cast is amazing and I know you'll all love them as I do! I have a very nice cabin to myself with a porthole (very happy about that!) and have basically been working 8am to midnight or later since I got here!:o The only time I got to see Venice was when we had a planned blackout on the ship and had to "evacuate" for the evening...but I had a lovely dinner and took lots of pics....amazing how much Venice looks like Vegas now:rolleyes:

I have a friends internet card now but we have no wireless until we sail so I haven't been able to get here until now.

The ship is BEAUTIFUL (or will be by the time any of you see it;)). Having sailed as a Deluxe Verandah guest on the Noordam I know the ship, but it is still very much a construction zone and has been fun learning all the "back areas" of the ship.

The food is great as I eat in the Lido everyday...you will all LOVE Tamarind and the new bar there....martinis as you sail a MUST!!!

Please stop by the showroom and look for me and introduce yourselves if onboard....love to meet you and even give backstage tours when I can!

The Captain and his wife are wonderful as are the entire crew....I have already made some great friends and plan on making more once we are underway, the shows are set and I'm not working so much!!

Off to bed as I have to be up in 5 hours!:p It takes WORK to keep all our passengers happy....but it will be well worth it!:D

See you all soon!

Nathan

Oooo! The excitement builds, and you just added to it, Nathan. It's just over two weeks and I'll be aboard. I'll be sure to look you up, maybe even let you buy me a drink. ;)

Thanks for checking in. This is getting good. :D

Hi Nathan...... How exciting for you.

Thanks so much for coming by to update us. Everything sounds outstanding.

Congratulations on your position. You sound VERY happy.

How great to hear from you, Nathan. (Too bad about Venice looking like 'Vegas. :( ) I'm sure you're extra-busy, but how great to be working on the beautiful new Eurodam. We'll see you in just under two weeks!

Congratulations Nathan! What a difference it must be to not have to pack and unpack each few days (both you and your show). Funny you should say that about Venice/Vegas; when visiting Cesky Krumlov in Czech Rep, I noted to my friend that it felt a lot like Gatlinburg. I am such a peasant:o Have a great run and keep us informed, please.

Wow - A CCer already onboard! How exciting. Can't hardly wait to meet you, Nathan. I spent a lot of time in high school & college both on the boards & behind the scenes. Would love to take you up on your offer of a backstage tour.

And, you're a dog person! I'll have a pic of my Abby on our cabin door.

Hey Nathan, thanks for the update! Tell me they are NOT showing 'Paparazzi' on Eurodam will you!

Is that the hilariously awful Tommy Tune show? :eek:

Hi Nathan:

I am so, so happy that you got your dream job. You are going to absolutely ace it and I wish you nothing less than a ton of fun despite all the hard work.

Fair winds and following seas and enjoy every minute.

Valerie:)

Hi Nathan! Glad to hear that you are enjoying all the excitement that attends bringing a new ship and show venue "on line"! What a treat!

We will look forward to seeing you on the Eurodam in about 12 days! :)

Thanks a million for theupdate Nathan. Glad you made it over there ok, despite the short notice! Are you allowed to whet our appetites at all regarding the shows? Any new shows unique to Eurodam?

Looking forward to getting aboard in September - we'll look you up for sure!

All the best

Tim

Hey Nathan, thanks for the update! Tell me they are NOT showing 'Paparazzi' on Eurodam will you!

Nope!

Shows are Dam Fun, Dream Park, Night Life, Broadway Goes to Queens, In Concert and all good. Night Life is a brand new show and we did the 1st dress rehearsal last night and it's FABULOUS!!!:D I think everyone will be very pleased with the entertainment we will be providing. Off to work now and won't be back until after Southhampton. Take care and hope to see you on board soon!:) Don't forget....I like martinis;)

Nope!

Shows are Dam Fun, Dream Park, Night Life, Broadway Goes to Queens, In Concert and all good. Night Life is a brand new show and we did the 1st dress rehearsal last night and it's FABULOUS!!!:D I think everyone will be very pleased with the entertainment we will be providing. Off to work now and won't be back until after Southhampton. Take care and hope to see you on board soon!:) Don't forget....I like martinis;)

What?????????????? No "KLOMPENDANS" ???????????

was in vegas last month on business. was in venice last summer.

I think you mean it the other way?? Do you mean that Vegas looks a lot Venice? Amazing what can be done in doors.....

What time will the shows be each night? Will there still be two?

See you on the Eurodam on Jan 3. Look forward to ALL that you write.......

Good luck, and enjoy.

Archived