Hello From Eurodam!

bepsf

Well Boys and Girls, the day is finally here:

The limo is due in 30 minutes - the luggage is all packed, locked, triple tagged and registered so that if the plane falls out of the sky, the nice folks at Tumi will be able to gather what's left of my 5 pieces of luggage and return them to the apartment in San Francisco - and soon I'll be leaving for the International Terminal to catch my flight to Amsterdam via Heathrow.

It's been 18 months since we first convinced the Shipboard Cruise Consultants aboard the Noordam Reunion cruise to take our deposits for the Inaugural - It's hard to believe that tickets are in hand and the time to fly has come. I have to say right now that if it wasn't for the everlasting patience of our fabulous TA, Miss G, I don't think I would be as prepared for this, my first trip across the pond.

Nana and Apa should be on a train from Copenhagen to Amsterdam as I write this - Scotty is heading to the airport in Seattle for his direct flight shortly...

As I bounded around the apartment in my pajamas this morning shoving the couture into the Tumi cases - I imagined how panicked poor Agnes Gooch would feel in my situation, and asking Mame Dennis Burnside:

"Mrs Burnside - What should I pack? How much should I bring?"

"Agnes!

We're not spending the weekend in Scarsdale, We're going to EUROPE!

Bring EVERYTHING!"

So the next time you hear from us, we'll be in the Netherlands!

Look for our photos and the usual day-by-day play-by-play as long as the satellite connections remain working.

Ta-ta for now!!!

Brian---lucky devil, you! Getting there early and all that!

I hope you enjoy Kinderdijk---we visited there in 2006 and it is a great place--be sure to go into one of the windmills - very interesting to see how they really work. Also you can get some very good pictures from up there.

Enjoy your first "over the pond" experience and we'll see you for sure on Tuesday!

Oh, Brian!!! I'm so excited for you...you will have an absolutely mahvelous time! Enjoy every second! :D

I can't wait to continue reading your posts on this thread as the days move forward...

Bon Voyage!

459414096_WooHooLady.jpg.0051265bdcfed3bb750c3dbfdfbb9950.jpg

Well Boys and Girls, the day is finally here:

The limo is due in 30 minutes - the luggage is all packed, locked, triple tagged and registered so that if the plane falls out of the sky, the nice folks at Tumi will be able to gather what's left of my 5 pieces of luggage and return them to the apartment in San Francisco - and soon I'll be leaving for the International Terminal to catch my flight to Amsterdam via Heathrow.

It's been 18 months since we first convinced the Shipboard Cruise Consultants aboard the Noordam Reunion cruise to take our deposits for the Inaugural - It's hard to believe that tickets are in hand and the time to fly has come. I have to say right now that if it wasn't for the everlasting patience of our fabulous TA, Miss G, I don't think I would be as prepared for this, my first trip across the pond.

Nana and Apa should be on a train from Copenhagen to Amsterdam as I write this - Scotty is heading to the airport in Seattle for his direct flight shortly...

As I bounded around the apartment in my pajamas this morning shoving the couture into the Tumi cases - I imagined how panicked poor Agnes Gooch would feel in my situation, and asking Mame Dennis Burnside:

"Mrs Burnside - What should I pack? How much should I bring?"

"Agnes!

We're not spending the weekend in Scarsdale, We're going to EUROPE!

Bring EVERYTHING!"

So the next time you hear from us, we'll be in the Netherlands!

Look for our photos and the usual day-by-day play-by-play as long as the satellite connections remain working.

Ta-ta for now!!!

Brian,

Bon Voyage! You will have a great time. Can't wait to read your reviews and see the pictures.

Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!

Terri

Brian, this is so exciting!!

Relax and have a wonderful time! Europe is just another continent. And it takes a little longer to get there.. no biggie! As someone who travels over that pond on a regular basis, let me give you my anti-jetlag trick:

When they open the door to the cabin after you land - right after they open it and the cabin pressure stabilizes,Take your right index finger and on the left side of your body rub the spot about 4 inches below your armpit firmly - just rub it around for about 30 seconds. Then grasp both ears and gently pull them up - yes, like antennae.. hold for about 30 seconds.

I'm not KIDDING! This works! It was taught to me by an alternative physician many flights ago, and I haven't had jetlag since. I know it looks a little weird, but everyone will be milling around getting their stuff out of the overhead bins and etc. and won't be looking at you... trust me... it's worth taking a minute looking silly.

Okay end of jet-lag lecture.

Enjoy the EURODAM!!!

HAVE FUN!

Moriah

See ya Tuesday, Brian!

:)

You lucky dog, you ... leaving today!

I've still got Church on Sunday morning before I can shake free!!!!!

:D

Have a good flight ... flap your arms hard!!! :D

Brian, I hope that you have a wonderful cruise. I'm so sorry that we were not able to join you for this fantastic voyage. Give all a kiss and hug for me, and have a fabulous time.

Wini18 are you on the July 13 sailing of Eurodam around the British Isles? If so, why not join our roll call-we have 50 signed up for an informal meet & greet on the 13th.

What a wonderfully descriptive way to start your adventure and allow us to get excited with you. Have a wonderful trip.

If you liked that, you will love his "live from" reports from the Eurodam! His "live from's" are wonderful. I can't wait!:D

only posting so I can find this thread later...
for anyone who wants to follow a thread, look at the top of each thread. You'll find 'Thread Tools'. Under that is 'Subscribe to this Thread'. By selecting that you'll get e-mail notifications of new posts.

Gotta go fill out our Eurodam luggage tags now. :D

Archived