Hello From Eurodam!

bepsf

Oh Brian, glad you are feeling better. Keep going with the fluids and rest, you have a lot of cruisin ahead of you.

The buildings in Rotterdam are amazing. Have a wonderful time with your loved ones and enjoy your visit with the Queen!:)

PS You should be a writer.......love your reports!

Linda

Absolutely, Fun, fun, fun reports, Brian.

Happy you are feeling better and are happily ensconced in a more pleasant lodging.

We had some wonderful times in Rotterdam.

Enjoy and most particularly enjoy tomorrow's Ceremonies!

Oh, thank you for feeling better! I was beginning to worry when we hadn't heard from you (no, I have no children; does it show?). I believe I have stayed in the same hotel, but in Venice. Aren't surprises fun? I am so looking forward to hearing your version of "fun with Her Majesty and Mr Kruse":cool:

Well Brian, I think you've even outdone your last live from thread; and you've just started!

What a nightmare that hotel must have been, I don't think I would have dared to sleep knowing rats were running amok.

We are glad you are yourself again with your wit in fine fettle. Thanks for taking the time to share.

BRIAN,

First time reader of your writing and i must say that i am thoroughly enjoying it. I'm also amazed that you have me hanging on every word and you haven't even reached the "dam" ship yet!

Hope you enjoy tomorrow and the rest of you voyage. I will be "right there" with you via your posts. thanks for sharing.

-dave.

Glad you're feeling better, Brian. But I know you have a way to go---

Tuesday, June 31
? Those must be some good meds you're taking. ;)

Loved the description of your time in Amsterdam, and Scotty bubbling around enjoying it all. I can picture it perfectly.

Enjoy the ceremonies.

Brian, thanks ever so for sending the link! I will read this tomorrow as it's almost 3:30 AM here and I havn't made it to bed!

Stay well! Don't end up with a nasty chronic thing like I got in the Amazon! It crops up about every two or three months. You leave that stuff over there!

I'll be awaiting your postings with bated breath and hope your weather there is better than the mini-monsoon we've been having for the last several days!

Most of all, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!

Gail

Hello from Rotterdam! Let me echo Carolyn's remarks about Heathrow. It was a piece of cake ... so unlike prior experience. We landed at terminal 3 and made it over to 5 in a snap. Very nice!

BillS and his DW barely made the plane out of DFW. Their flight from Las Vegas was to arrive at 2:50 p.m. -- plenty of time to make a 5:20 flight to London. Well, they had an equipment change and didn't arrive at the gate until 5:00! Fortunately, they were at the next gate, so made it into their seats in the nick of time!

Revneal and Christopher were on our flight, but somehow were moved to a later flight from London to Amsterdam. So we all waited for them in the lovely Schiphol Airport then hopped in our taxi for the drive to Amsterdam. Our driver also looked at our luggage with a bit of disbelief. (We didn't have THAT much, but it did fill up the van. Glad we arranged for an 8-passenger van for the six of us!!)

Bill, Virginia, Donna and I took a stroll after we'd freshened up a bit. It was great to get out into the wonderfully cool air and get some blood flowing after the flight across the pond. At about 7:00 we dropped in the lobby where Revneal and Christopher are staying and called them down for dinner. We found a quaint Mexican establishment and enjoyed a nice dinner. By then several of us were about to hit the wall, so we all retired to our respective rooms and were out in no time.

I awoke in the wee hours, so went outside to soak up the wonderful air. It was 3:00 a.m., but there was still some light traffic. Lots of cabs, a few busses, pedestrians, and folks on bicycles. It was a refreshing interlude which enabled me to go back inside and saw some more logs until time for breakfast.

It is now Tuesday morning in Rotterdam, and it's the day we get to see the Queen. Looking forward to meeting up with Copper10-8, his DW and others for the festivities. I hope we can all do a wave for the cameras!

TTFN from the wonderful Netherlands.

I am so happy to hear you're feeling better Brian! Maybe it was a good thing you were sick so you could sleep through the terrible room you had.

But, now you're in "HAL Land" where everything is beautiful and you are treated well. The past few days are behind you and you're about to embark on a great adventure!!!!!

We'll be watching from back here in the States.

Am so glad you are feeling better Brian and survived not only Heathrow but the hotel that time forgot as well!

Your writing skills are fabulous and allow us to vicariously take this adventure with you. Thank you for taking the time to do this!

Brian, after reading yourdelightful omments, I was going to ask if you were a writer. Clearly, everyone thinks you should be.

Your descriptions are wonderful and it's truly like being along for the ride. have a great time today. I'll be watching from home and looking for that Wave from all of you. Give my regards to the queen.

Glad you all made it safely to the Netherlands, Jim, without incident. I hope you've recovered from jet lag and enjoyed the ceremony today.! Expecting you're all sleeping now, and will look forward to more reports from all of you!

Archived