Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

I don't know if I'm inferring something you didn't mean, MidwesternCruiser2, but I am sort of leery about being alone in a country where I don't speak the native language. It's probably kept me away from European cruises so far. Definitely I would stick to group tours, either through the ship or privately. I'd also stick to cruiselines who cater to English-speaking passengers. But I do hope to try it one day! I may start with a repositioning or Transatlantic cruise.

Pam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every major European tourist place people speak English you have to get well of the beaten track to become language isolated.

The main Med, Baltic, Norway, British Isles itineraries are fine for a English only speaker.

If really apprehensive then a British isles cruise could be a good start.

Pick one of the US lines and you will tend to have active roll calls for creating pre cruise connections and tours, fall back are the ships tours.

I thought this thread was limited to solo DEALS. There are other solo threads for questions and comments

Not to start a dispute, but I disagree. Issues related to solo cruising make this thread more useful. Hearing about solo deals is fine, but it is must be confined to just listing those off, then one might as well just go to VTG and Plum.

Sorry, but I agree with Evangeline. While I often don't mind seeing other information posted here, I definitely don't believe it is appropriate for this thread. "Please note the topic of this thread is "Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE"

Sorry, but I agree with Evangeline. While I often don't mind seeing other information posted here, I definitely don't believe it is appropriate for this thread. "Please note the topic of this thread is "Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE"

I'll bring it up elsewhere and only talk about costs here...not looking to upset anyone's apple cart.

Note though that you'd be agreeing with singletravgal. Evangaline thought it was ok :-}

NCL Epic 7 day - Western Mediterranean June 5 - 12

EMBARK Barcelona (Spain)

Naples (Italy)

Rome (Civitavecchia) (Italy)

Florence/Pisa (Livorno) (Italy)

Cannes (France)

Provence (Marseille) (France)

DISEMBARK Barcelona (Spain

Solo rate: Mini Suite Guarantee $753 including all fees

An Inside guarantee is $533 total.

Edited by IrieBajan54

I thought this thread was limited to solo DEALS. There are other solo threads for questions and comments

Not to start a dispute, but I disagree. Issues related to solo cruising make this thread more useful. Hearing about solo deals is fine, but it is must be confined to just listing those off, then one might as well just go to VTG and Plum.

Agree way off topic with chit chat.

This thread is for posting solo supplements /bargains.

Lets please try to keep it that way.:)

Agree way off topic with chit chat.

This thread is for posting solo supplements /bargains.

Lets please try to keep it that way.:)

I agree. One only has to start a new topic in the solo forum for divergent conversations...or send PMs.

I also don't agree that if this was just about bargains, then we could look elsewhere. I would rather see what people have legitimately paid for trips than the tantalizing (non) deals of other websites. I'm learning a lot this way..

Also, the title of this thread is pretty clear.

EMBARK Barcelona (Spain)

Naples (Italy)

Cannes (France)

I couldn't resist. Are you joining, Henderson?

I've got it: bargains only in this forum (even though you only have to scan an email notification to see if a post has a bargain or a comment).

This whole thing started (and has gotten a bit out of hand) because denatravels asked about a bargain I got. And then westcoasttech posted a bargain with a comment on its roll call. I replied on both the bargain and the roll call, then responded to denatravels (about the bargain I got), followed by a question on RandoCalrissian's bargain and I guess that's where it all went south.

Shame on me, Lois R, Sungold & insidecabin for breaking the rules that singletravgal called us on [and Free2bMeForever and maryann2 and mef_57 agreed with]. We (and Evangaline) have had our hands slapped and I posted an "oops" with a promise to move the "chit chat" elsewhere (which I've done), but it will only die if everyone lets it.

EMBARK Barcelona (Spain)

Naples (Italy)

Cannes (France)

Surprised as this is within the 30 days

Looking online the Solo rate with drinks and dining including tax and the service charges are coming up at

Balcony $1115

Mini $1715

Edited by insidecabin

Pullmantour Monarch (formerly Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas). She is sailing Bilbao Spain to Colon Panama with stops in Lisbon, St. Martin and Aruba for 16 nights from 17 September to 2 October. The cost for an inside stateroom is $250! While they usually charge per person, this is also the Solo Rate! There is a $210 charge for port fees and taxes. But, they are including the unlimited drink package including cocktails, wine and beer. This is the best deal I've seen if you can deal with the air.

Pullmantour Monarch (formerly Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas). She is sailing Bilbao Spain to Colon Panama with stops in Lisbon, St. Martin and Aruba for 16 nights from 17 September to 2 October. The cost for an inside stateroom is $250! While they usually charge per person, this is also the Solo Rate! There is a $210 charge for port fees and taxes. But, they are including the unlimited drink package including cocktails, wine and beer. This is the best deal I've seen if you can deal with the air.

That was pointed out by a friend recently. I could get to Bilbao by ferry from my local port, which would add a couple of days to the trip. I haven't investigated the airfare from Panama back to the UK.

I'm still not sure that I want to sail on a ship where English isn't the first language though.

That was pointed out by a friend recently. I could get to Bilbao by ferry from my local port, which would add a couple of days to the trip. I haven't investigated the airfare from Panama back to the UK.

I'm still not sure that I want to sail on a ship where English isn't the first language though.

The CC reviews/rollcalls are fine(check them out) and there seems to be a bit of a English speaking following on these trips, if they catch on the prices will rocket.

There also seems to be plenty of support for hotels transfers etc. on the roll calls from others that have done these.

These trips are dirt cheap every year I just keep forgetting to plan the air in advance.

I did a flight search/pricing for the crossing over to Lisbon May 27th this year and struggled to get something I was happy with to get to the ship, getting back from Lisbon was fine.

There are cheap(ish) flights to Florida from Panama (Copa/Spirit) if you can hook up with something to the UK maybe a charter from Thomas cook or Thomson.

All the searches Panama<->UK came up expensive so a bit of work needed, if you find something really good you could get a few more people from the UK.

I guess a TA isn't for everybody who travels solo. That fact, also, for me, isn't just airfare. It's also the fact that it only visits 3 ports, 2 if I left from Lisbon. I tend to like a port intensive type of cruise. I travelled on Costa Concordia back in 2009 before its demise and the English language was 5th on the announcements. I still could find persons that I could communicate with when I wished to do so. I guess to go on this cruise, you really have to want peace and quiet to yourself in order to make it a success to your liking.

And now back to our regularly scheduled program....

Couple of Mediterranean deals this summer on Holland America

================

Holland Eurodam

July 17-29, 2016

RT Venice

inside $999 (plus $187.77 port fees)

=================

Holland Oosterdam

July 11-23, 2016

Barcelona to Rome

inside $999 (plus $163.70 port fees)

July 4th - 11th ... NCL Sun

Sawyer Glacier Southbound

Seward

Icy Strait Point

Juneau

Skagway

Ketchikan

Vancouver

Inside guarantee

Solo rate $674 plus $239 taxes and fees

NCL Breakaway ... NYC to Bermuda .. 7 days

June 5 -12, 2016

Solo Inside Guarantee $749 plus $213 taxes and fees

Edited by IrieBajan54

Windstar Star Breeze

April 16 - April 30

Oranjestad, Aruba to Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain

14 nights

Ocean View Suite, Category S (277 sq ft)

$1627.75 (includes port fees & taxes)

$12/day gratuities per person will be added by Windstar

$50+ cancel fee depending on date of cancel

http://www.windstarcruises.com/cruise/ocean-crossings/ocean-crossings/?id=174&sid=21285

Edited by Okmyx

HAL Oosterdam July 11 - 23, 2016 ... Barcelona to Rome ... 12 nights

25% Single Supplement on Solo inside

$999 plus port

HAL Eurodam July 17 - 29, 2016 ... Venice roundtrip. 12 nights ...

25% Single Supplement on Solo inside

$999 plus port

NCL Sun 7 nights Alaska Southbound June 6 - 13, 2016

Seward

Icy Strait Point

Juneau

Skagway

Ketchikan

Vancouver

Solo inside guarantee $399 plus $241 port/fees. Ocean view is $499 plus fees.