Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Before I had the chance to follow your advice, I got my assignment and it is an upgrade to a regular inside virtual balcony room (deck 7 forward). I'm giddy over my upgrade from studio to regular cabin. I can only imagine how you feel about your obstructed balcony.

Congratulations! The real SI cabins are very small. I saw one on a cabin crawl. These SI's are part of a three room combo comprised of a JS, an E1 balcony, and the SI, which could sleep 6-10 people. Two children could share the SI cabin. Each cabin in the combo has its own door and the three cabins share a single hall door.

IMO if you watch Anthem prices, you can find some very reasonable deals for a solo guarantee for an SI or SB cabin before final payment. You will likely get a room assignment and if you don't like it or can't change it, you can still cancel.

Sapphire Princess - 30 December 2017

10 day Malaysian Peninsula & Indonesia round trip from Singapore

http://www.princess.com/find/cruiseDetails.do?voyageCode=H801

Interior - CDN$1974.40 + $149.50 taxes/port fees

Sadly, the interior doesn't qualify for the free beverage package. But the solo price is actually CDN$100 cheaper than the dual occupancy rate so I've booked it. Now I have a year and a half to figure out how to get to Singapore and back.

Croptop, AKA my roll call buddy, I see we got about same price (adjusted for USD). I thought it was great to see a price that was a NEGATIVE single supplement. The cabin I booked was $1539 solo and the price per person based on double occupancy was $1599. I felt like I HAD TO book this cruise.

Oh, and I checked typical airfares out of YVR (Vancouver) for me and it's around $900 USD - or less - which is totally doable.

I live close to the Canadian border actually, I live closer to YVR and to SeaTac and, I'm obviously loving the exchange these days.

Here's one you don't see every day!

http://www.princess.com/find/cruiseDetails.do?voyageCode=8719A

14 May 2017 - 35-day Barcelona to Singapore Grand Adventure on the Majestic Princess

Interior cabin: CDN$5,067.40 + $682.50 taxes/port fees

It's actually a negative solo supplement. If you look at the listing with two passengers, the price jumps up to CDN$7,733.70

If only I could swing 40 days off of work, I'd book this in a heartbeat!

Sadly, they have fixed the error and is now $10,000 more for the solo traveller :(

Did you get a room assignment yet? Are you a crown and anchor member?

If you don't have a room assignment and you are a C&A member, sign on to C&A on the Royal website and set your profile to allow upgrades. This may improve your chances of getting a regular inside instead of a real SI cabin.

This strategy works really well with the SB category. I don't know about the SI category. There are only 16 SI cabins and 12 SB cabins on the ship. Royal has been selling the SB as guarantees when the category is actually sold out. I booked a SB guarantee for next Feb and as expected got assigned to a regular DO (obstructed balcony) on deck 6. That means I get a full sized balcony, but with an obstructed view. I can live with that to save 600.

I have an assigned SB on one of the Bermuda cruises in October I have changed my preferences so maybe I will luck out on an upgrade I am Diamond C & A...

I have an assigned SB on one of the Bermuda cruises in October I have changed my preferences so maybe I will luck out on an upgrade I am Diamond C & A...

What are the last digits of your cabin number? If it's '48' or even '50' I'd think twice about hoping for an "upgrade". The real SB cabins are extremely well located by the aft elevators. The 48 and 50 balconies are extra large. These cabins are not obstructed.

If you do get upgraded, chances are that you will get a regular sized DO cabin in a less desirable location with a smaller obstructed balcony. If that's OK, then leave your preferences as is. If not, then change them back to no upgrade.

I didn't have this option for Feb 2017. All the SB's were booked so I had to book a guarantee knowing I would get at least a DO. For 2018 I have a real SB and don't want an upgrade.

Sadly, they have fixed the error and is now $10,000 more for the solo traveller :(

That's disappointing. I had laid the groundwork for a 2 month leave of absence and was going to cancel both of my upcoming cruises in favour of this 35 day adventure. Oh well, I snoozed and lost.

But I'll still have fun on my other cruises.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

That's disappointing. I had laid the groundwork for a 2 month leave of absence and was going to cancel both of my upcoming cruises in favour of this 35 day adventure. Oh well, I snoozed and lost.

When a cruise line makes such a mistake if you book it at the low fare is the cruise line required to honour what you booked already?

When a cruise line makes such a mistake if you book it at the low fare is the cruise line required to honour what you booked already?

People say they'll try to get out of it, but if you have a good travel agent, they can often argue it so that it is honored. Unlike chain hotels they are not so gracious about accepting their mistakes and honoring these sorts of things.

I haven't found one yet, but from what I have seen on various groups and fora, they don't honour it.

I found a good price on a TA site once, and when I enquired they told me it was an error, so I never got to find out.

I haven't found one yet, but from what I have seen on various groups and fora, they don't honour it.

I found a good price on a TA site once, and when I enquired they told me it was an error, so I never got to find out.

I have 2 booked for next year that were clearly a pricing error. I believe since a lot of people didn't capitalize, those who booked are safe. I have confirmations for both with the pricing that was online.

People say they'll try to get out of it, but if you have a good travel agent, they can often argue it so that it is honored. Unlike chain hotels they are not so gracious about accepting their mistakes and honoring these sorts of things.

When the Epic first came out, many of us on here got a Studio cabin for under $500 total. Many thought it was an error, but NCL never cancelled any of us that got it. Was a nice deal!

Just found this and might do one of these two.

Friday Sept.23,2016

RCCL Explorer Of The Sea. 7 nights

Seattle, Astoria OR, at sea. Two days in San Fran. At sea, Victoria, back to Settle.

Inside Single $720. Ocean view $904.

OR for 8 nights

Same ship. Leaving on Sept.30,2016.

Same itinerary. But one day at San Fran. and a stop in Santa Barbara. And an extra day at sea.

Inside $791. Ocean View $1165.00

seen on vtg

Price just went down on the 8 night cruise to $726.25 tax $206.73 total for a inside $932.98. Stops in Santa Barbara, San Fran, Astoria and Victoria BC Canada. Not a bad deal. I Just booked it.

I've been trying to convince someone to join me sailing from Miami on the Fathom to the Dominican Republic for 7 days. As they are dragging their heals I decided to check what the solo rate would be and it's really very reasonable. The ship is the Adonia (owned by Carnival Corp) and has over 90% of rooms with a balcony so it's the same price to get inside, outside, or balcony.

Double Occupancy July 17th or 30th $507pp for balcony

Single Occupancy same dates $582pp for balcony

(includes taxes and port fees)

:D Supplement is only $75 :D

*This ship only visits the Dominican Republic for 4 days unlike some cruises who do many stops. It includes free "impact travel excursions" where you can volunteer to help the poor, but you are totally not required to attend any of them. You can just sit by the pool like on any other ship if that's what you want. Hope this helps someone I'll probably be on one of them if you need a buddy to hang with.

I've been trying to convince someone to join me sailing from Miami on the Fathom to the Dominican Republic for 7 days. As they are dragging their heals I decided to check what the solo rate would be and it's really very reasonable. The ship is the Adonia (owned by Carnival Corp) and has over 90% of rooms with a balcony so it's the same price to get inside, outside, or balcony.

Double Occupancy July 17th or 30th $507pp for balcony

Single Occupancy same dates $582pp for balcony

(includes taxes and port fees)

:D Supplement is only $75 :D

*This ship only visits the Dominican Republic for 4 days unlike some cruises who do many stops. It includes free "impact travel excursions" where you can volunteer to help the poor, but you are totally not required to attend any of them. You can just sit by the pool like on any other ship if that's what you want. Hope this helps someone I'll probably be on one of them if you need a buddy to hang with.

You forgot to mention the 'Flash Sales" where the cruise only cost $249-$299 per person. It happens at just the wrong time for me, but the website says:

New Inaugural Season Flash Sale*

July 31: From $249*

August 14 & 28: From $299*

Promo Code: Flash Sale is only available by calling Fathom customer service at 1-800-XXX-XXXX or by contacting your travel professional.

PS: I took out the phone number since I don't think we are allowed to post those.

Edited by Earl Colby Pottinger

Costa Cruises seems to be having a no SS pricing right now. I first saw it on a website I like 'to go' to and reconfirmed on the Costa site. $3114 for an ocean view 23 day Mauritius to Shanghai cruise in March. There are other such routes and prices for Spring. TransAtlantics in April are also no SS.

You forgot to mention the 'Flash Sales" where the cruise only cost $249-$299 per person. It happens at just the wrong time for me, but the website says:

New Inaugural Season Flash Sale*

July 31: From $249*

August 14 & 28: From $299*

Promo Code: Flash Sale is only available by calling Fathom customer service at 1-800-XXX-XXXX or by contacting your travel professional.

PS: I took out the phone number since I don't think we are allowed to post those.

i just booked a deck 8, middle of ship balcony cabin for $ 557.00.....solo...great deal!!

Is this my imagination or are there fewer good solo deals out there than normal? Or is it just the time of year?

For several years I've wondered the same thing. I've followed this thread for some time and, often, when I see a posted cruise price I think "yikes!"

Maybe I keep dreaming of 1980's prices. Or when gas was 25 cents a gallon.

As I mentioned in this thread some time ago my idea of a GREAT deal is:

Solo

Balcony

+/- $100/day.

In the past few years I've sailed on a couple of cruises at that price point. Lucky flukes perhaps as they are very, very rare.

For several years I've wondered the same thing. I've followed this thread for some time and, often, when I see a posted cruise price I think "yikes!"

Maybe I keep dreaming of 1980's prices. Or when gas was 25 cents a gallon.

As I mentioned in this thread some time ago my idea of a GREAT deal is:

Solo

Balcony

+/- $100/day.

In the past few years I've sailed on a couple of cruises at that price point. Lucky flukes perhaps as they are very, very rare.

I don't even think that's close to possible out of my port (New Orleans)...and Galveston seems to always be more expensive. I have to pay about $115/day for an interior. In 2014 I got a porthole for $90/day booking just 2 weeks in advance.

Just looked the absolute best I can get on a 5-day is $100/day for interior...balcony $171/day in January. On a 7-day it's again in January and it's $114/day interior and balcony is $194/day

That's Carnival. Here's NCL.

It's a 5-day cruise in December and it's $104/day for an interior and $194/day balcony.

The best for a 7 day on NCL is in December and it's $139/day interior and $214/day balcony.

I did see a really great last minute NCL deal last December....I think it was $70/day interior on a 7-day cruise...but it was too last minute for me to get off from work.

Edited by Saint Greg

I haven't been able to cruise since September 20q4 BUT I've always had success negotiating directly with a cruiseline rep. When I first call I chat about what I'm lookingbfor and try guaging the representative's personality and willingness to please. On occasion I'd ask for a supervisor but I always try staying in control of my needs and wants. It is remarkable looking back on some of the deals I've brokered. That said, I'm no miracle worker and there were times I chose not to cruise rather than feel I'd go broke accepting what I thought was an absurd amount during a traditionally slow cruise time.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk