Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

RCCL Explorer of the Seas 9/23/16 Pacific Northwest is $707 + taxes for an inside or $725 for a promenade view balcony. Not an amazing deal but an unusual itinerary.

If you want to go b2b the 8 day after this on 9/30 is $778 + taxes for an inside.

What is a promenade view balcony?

What is a promenade view balcony?

Promenade staterooms overlook the main entertainment promenade. They usually have only a window, a promenade version of Oceanview, but when the Oasis class ships came on stream they had a balcony also, so one could sit out and watch the action. I was not aware that Explorer of the Seas had the balcony promenade room, but maybe they do. They definitely have the regular promenade rooms. The only warning is that they can be noisy and a little bit of a fishbowl issue in terms of privacy.

Edited by Evangaline

Promenade staterooms overlook the main entertainment promenade. They usually have only a window, a promenade version of Oceanview, but when the Oasis class ships came on stream they had a balcony also, so one could sit out and watch the action. I was not aware that Explorer of the Seas had the balcony promenade room, but maybe they do. They definitely have the regular promenade rooms. The only warning is that they can be noisy and a little bit of a fishbowl issue in terms of privacy.

I think your combining two cabin types. Promenade rooms are inside and never have a balcony. Neighborhood balconies on Oasis face either Central Park or the Boardwalk.

Oasis could have added Promenade Balconies when they added cabins to the old Diamond Lounge, but they chose not to. They would have been pretty unique

Edited by John&LaLa

Norwegian Star Oct 23 - inside guarantee $682. Sailing from Rome. This is after taxes and port fees. Does anyone know if I can place a 24 hour hold?

why not just go to the web site for the cruise and see if it will let you?

you may get a response after that deal is gone, then what?

Your response was not helpful. I asked if Norweigan has a hold option. Hopeful someone else will respond.

I do think the previous poster was trying to be helpful. I'm sure they were trying to point out what to me seems obvious also: if there is no hold option on the website and NCL phones are not being answered now, you will have to wait until tomorrow anyhow whether you want to put something on 24 hold or book it.

Call them first thing in the morning and ask if they have a 24 hour hold option.

Or is your concern just that you'd like someone to tell you because it will save you from a sleepless night of wondering? :)

Maybe someone will know the answer before tomorrow morning--I wish you luck in finding out. Have you searched the NCL website to see if they mention a 24 hour hold anywhere even though they don't let you set one up on their website?

Norwegian Star Oct 23 seven nights - inside guarantee $682. Sailing from Rome. This is after taxes and port fees. Does anyone know if I can place a 24 hour hold?

NCL's website gives you the option to place a $125 deposit by no later than midnight tomorrow. This low deposit is fully refundable because the final payment is not due until July 25. If you want a good night's sleep :) and to make sure that the price does not change overnight, then it is best to book it immediately.

Found not a bad deal for NCL GEm in December. 8 day cruise from SAn Juan to NY, Southern Caribbean $674 guarantee inside, not includidng taxes and fees. Just contemplating should I take it or not. If it was the Breakaway, I would not even think about it, not that much fond of Gem. But I do love the ports its going to.

Dumb question: what is a cruise certificate?

It's a future cruise deposit you have the opportunity to purchase when you're on a cruise. No need to book a specific date - you just apply it when you see a cruise you want to book. You would want to do this on NCL if you will sail with them again because you get a credit against your current onboard account. In effect if you buy one you will have $250 to apply against payment for a future cruise but will have spent $150. Buy multiple certificates and the ratio of instant credit to deposit goes up. You can use them whether booking direct or through a travel agent.

Sapphire Princess - 30 December 2017

10 day Malaysian Peninsula & Indonesia round trip from Singapore

http://www.princess.com/find/cruiseDetails.do?voyageCode=H801

Interior - CDN$1974.40 + $149.50 taxes/port fees

Sadly, the interior doesn't qualify for the free beverage package. But the solo price is actually CDN$100 cheaper than the dual occupancy rate so I've booked it. Now I have a year and a half to figure out how to get to Singapore and back.