Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Is this my imagination or are there fewer good solo deals out there than normal? Or is it just the time of year?

It is high season, should see more in the fall and winter. Basically when school is out pickings are slim.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

7 Nights ... NCL Sun Southbound July 18 - 25.

Solo Inside Guarantee

$524 plus $239 port/taxes

Seward

Icy Strait Point

Juneau

Skagway

Ketchikan

Vancouver

7 Nights ... NCL Getaway from Miami ... Western Caribbean July 10 - 17

Solo Inside Guarantee $887 Total.

Just found this and might do one of these two.

Friday Sept.23,2016

RCCL Explorer Of The Sea. 7 nights

Seattle, Astoria OR, at sea. Two days in San Fran. At sea, Victoria, back to Settle.

Inside Single $720. Ocean view $904.

OR for 8 nights

Same ship. Leaving on Sept.30,2016.

Same itinerary. But one day at San Fran. and a stop in Santa Barbara. And an extra day at sea.

Inside $791. Ocean View $1165.00

seen on vtg

September 2-December 9, 2016 (98 days)

Costa Luminosa

Around the world from/back to Savona, Italy (the closest international airport is Genoa)

Guaranteed Inside Classic: USD 16,387.30 including taxes (not from any Costa website)

I still don't quite understand why this and other similar cruises are so much more expensive, on a per-night basis, than transatlantic and other repositioning cruises, but this is a pretty good price, relatively speaking.

And it's a really nice itinerary, with multi-night stays in ports such as Los Angeles, San Francisco, Sydney, Singapore, Mumbai, and Dubai.

If I knew I'd be coming back to a job afterward...

October 28-November 9, 2016 (12 days)

Transatlantic from Lisbon, Portugal, to Bridgetown, Barbados

Star Pride

Ocean View Suite S

USD 1,133.50 (not from the Windstar website)

No port taxes, presumably because there are no ports of call along the way

November 12-25, 2016 (13 days)

Transatlantic from Lisbon, Portugal, to Bridgetown, Barbados

Wind Star

Oceanview B

USD 1,278.50 (not from the Windstar website)

Also no port taxes and no ports of call along the way

RCL Jewel of the Seas, 13 days from San Juan, departing 04/23/17 with stops in Canary Islands, United Kingdom, Spain and ends in Civitavecchia, Italy. Studio cabin $1,273.29 including all taxes.

I've just checked that cruise. At current exchange rates it is coming in at $1299 on the UK website.

BTW, the UK stop is actually Gibraltar.

Briefly, because I've been having some trouble with one of the many, many websites we're suppose to pretend doesn't exist ...

Has anyone rum across any 1-week NCL studio cabins sub $1000, meaning you don't have to buy the "free" perk, lately? I'm pretty sure I saw some at the (to me) reasonable $800, $850ish price point, instead of the "free at sea" price point ($1200-$1300) but I can't remember which ship.

(I know not everyone here cares for the Studio setup, but I love it. But I have maybe two drinks per cruise, and I did not find the UDP to be worth the $350 upcharge I paid on my cruise fare 2016 vs 2015 on the Getaway.)

Edited by AdoraBelle

Has anyone rum across any 1-week NCL studio cabins sub $1000, meaning you don't have to buy the "free" perk, lately? I'm pretty sure I saw some at the (to me) reasonable $800, $850ish price point, instead of the "free at sea" price point ($1200-$1300) but I can't remember which ship.

I don't know what site you're looking at, but the plum's search engine lists about 20 NCL Epic studios for $749 or $799/week.

I checked two of them against the Norwegian site (7 days from Orlando leaving November 26th '16 or December 2nd '17). The prices matched and had the UBP bennie included.

I think I purchased this previously and the deal is still valid.

NCL Star Departing Civitavecchia, Italy sailing to Livorno, Marsaille, Naples, Barcelona and Cannes.

$682 guarantee inside (this includes taxes and fees). No perk for guarantee

$744 for an assigned inside and choose 1 perk

Flights from the U.S to Rome can be $1,200 round trip. I located $690 round trip on Delta. Turkish airlines was $672 round trip a few days ago leaving from Miami.

I don't know what site you're looking at, but the plum's search engine lists about 20 NCL Epic studios for $749 or $799/week.

I checked two of them against the Norwegian site (7 days from Orlando leaving November 26th '16 or December 2nd '17). The prices matched and had the UBP bennie included.

Thank you!!!

Searching the NCL site with number of travelers set to one, I seen a number of inside cabins for less than $600 per week.

Don't make the mistake of assuming solo travel requires you take a studio cabin.

Give it a try, I just did and found some inside cabins that are cheaper than the studio ones.

This isn't the best deal I've seen for this cruise, but I finally pulled the trigger on this one. RCCL Anthem inside studio with virtual balcony, 9 nights for $1047 (before tax and fees) to New England and Canada on 9/22/2016.

This isn't the best deal I've seen for this cruise, but I finally pulled the trigger on this one. RCCL Anthem inside studio with virtual balcony, 9 nights for $1047 (before tax and fees) to New England and Canada on 9/22/2016.

That's a decent price. I previously booked Anthem for the same itinerary and cabin type for Oct 2017. The price was $1,600. I canceled for another cruise. Have a great time.

Did you get a room assignment yet? Are you a crown and anchor member?

If you don't have a room assignment and you are a C&A member, sign on to C&A on the Royal website and set your profile to allow upgrades. This may improve your chances of getting a regular inside instead of a real SI cabin.

This strategy works really well with the SB category. I don't know about the SI category. There are only 16 SI cabins and 12 SB cabins on the ship. Royal has been selling the SB as guarantees when the category is actually sold out. I booked a SB guarantee for next Feb and as expected got assigned to a regular DO (obstructed balcony) on deck 6. That means I get a full sized balcony, but with an obstructed view. I can live with that to save 600.

I just got of the phone with NCL and booked an inside guarantee for $561 not including taxes and fees. Before I booked it, I checked NCL website all the insides and ocean views are sold out, which very likely I will get a balcony. Fingers grossed.

NCL Gem July 9-16 out of NY.

I just got of the phone with NCL and booked an inside guarantee for $561 not including taxes and fees. Before I booked it, I checked NCL website all the insides and ocean views are sold out, which very likely I will get a balcony. Fingers grossed.

That would be quite an upgrade! Let us know...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes please let us know if you get a balcony. That would be great!

Here's one you don't see every day!

http://www.princess.com/find/cruiseDetails.do?voyageCode=8719A

14 May 2017 - 35-day Barcelona to Singapore Grand Adventure on the Majestic Princess

Interior cabin: CDN$5,067.40 + $682.50 taxes/port fees

It's actually a negative solo supplement. If you look at the listing with two passengers, the price jumps up to CDN$7,733.70

If only I could swing 40 days off of work, I'd book this in a heartbeat!

Edited by Croptop
Typos

Did you get a room assignment yet? Are you a crown and anchor member?

If you don't have a room assignment and you are a C&A member, sign on to C&A on the Royal website and set your profile to allow upgrades. This may improve your chances of getting a regular inside instead of a real SI cabin.

This strategy works really well with the SB category. I don't know about the SI category. There are only 16 SI cabins and 12 SB cabins on the ship. Royal has been selling the SB as guarantees when the category is actually sold out. I booked a SB guarantee for next Feb and as expected got assigned to a regular DO (obstructed balcony) on deck 6. That means I get a full sized balcony, but with an obstructed view. I can live with that to save 600.

Before I had the chance to follow your advice, I got my assignment and it is an upgrade to a regular inside virtual balcony room (deck 7 forward). I'm giddy over my upgrade from studio to regular cabin. I can only imagine how you feel about your obstructed balcony.