Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Decent price on studio cabin on Epic in July.

July 24-31 or July 31 - August 7

Western Mediterranean

Norwegian Epic

studio cabin $699 (plus $104.02 taxes)

and eligible for pick a perk (beverage package, dining package or shore excursion credit)

I just put a hold on a studio cabin on the Norwegian Breakaway Nov 13 for $1081. which a Dash Sale, with some discount, but probably not a great deal. Really want to try this ship, but the stinger is that studios get only one Fun At Sea perk such as drink package, or specialty restaurant etc. But the oceanviews and balconies at 799. and 849. get to choose two perks. It's not as if the cost of the perk is double as they apply to passengers individually.

Edited by Evangaline

My 2cents: I would take the balcony. It is so much bigger than the 99 sq ft studio. And cheaper?? No brainer for me. I sailed the Breakaway solo in March in a balcony. Loved it. Got the free beverage and the dining package. If you can, try to book your shows online before the cruise. I met many friendly fellow cruisers.

I guess I didn't explain this properly. The rates I quoted for balcony and ocean view were based on double occupancy. My point, though, was the perks of drink package and specialty dining are per person not per stateroom, so they need to give the two perks each to two passengers for those categories, so why penalize the solo passengers who pay the more expensive per person rates for the studios by only giving one perk?

Hoping this isn't starting to sound like Inside Baseball.

I just put a hold on a studio cabin on the Norwegian Breakaway Nov 13 for $1081. which a Dash Sale, with some discount, but probably not a great deal. Really want to try this ship, but the stinger is that studios get only one Fun At Sea perk such as drink package, or specialty restaurant etc. But the oceanviews and balconies at 799. and 849. get to choose two perks. It's not as if the cost of the perk is double as they apply to passengers individually.

I guess I didn't explain this properly. The rates I quoted for balcony and ocean view were based on double occupancy. My point, though, was the perks of drink package and specialty dining are per person not per stateroom, so they need to give the two perks each to two passengers for those categories, so why penalize the solo passengers who pay the more expensive per person rates for the studios by only giving one perk?

Hoping this isn't starting to sound like Inside Baseball.

So the solo studio is $1081 with one perk. The solo OV is $1598 and the solo balcony is $1698 with 2 perks.

Itinerary and how many days?

So the solo studio is $1081 with one perk. The solo OV is $1598 and the solo balcony is $1698 with 2 perks.

Itinerary and how many days?

I guess that is how the cruise line is looking at it. I still contend the perks are per person and I should be getting two perks like each of the people in the other cabins.

If someone insists on occupying a cabin intended for two, then fine. That is a different matter, but that is not the studios.

Just found a zero single supplement for inside cabins, 5-night cruise, Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas, sailing out of Tampa, FL on January 9, 2017. $429 for inside cabins, base price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the moment a HAL Cruise is available at a very reasonable price - I live in Germany and HAL has different pricing in different markets - but maybe someone is able to cruise:

MS Eurodam, Venice/Venice

Departure September 27

Arrival October 09

Solo occcupancy (guarantee)

Inside 1079 EURO

Outside 1204 EURO

Verandah 1454 EURO

Port taxes included!

It is a very unusual 120 % solo supplement.

If you are Canadian and looking to cruise in december, I just rebooked my dec 3rd 2016 Norwegian Escape 7 day cruise with an online travel site (with red and tag in its name) for $996 + tax in a studio cabin. This is canadian dollars. The going price on most sites is over $1500 before tax. Now this price I got includes no perks though. For me that is not an issue. I just booked back to back on the escape both at that price. Was just on the escape and love it!!

Edited by karenpstok

Which line? When?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

That is with Pulmantur, a mostly Spanish speaking cruise line.

The low price apparently also included grats and AI. It was on a US TA website, but has disappeared now.

For my previous post, the cruise was western Caribbean, if you not a "drinker", without the UBP, the cost was $200 less, still a great deal. That's from Miami, to the western carib, Roaton, Belize, Costa Maya.

Edited by Luke104

But I decided to book the "Epic" in November, 7 nites eastern carib to St. Thomas and Tortola, with UBP for $749+tx/fees, in a studio. That's from Port Canaveral.

Edited by Luke104

It's not difficult to look up. He listed the ship and the date. What more do you need?

What possible difference does my question mean to YOU? I thought these forums were designed for dialogue, not dramatics.....good grief...

Barb