What questions do you have for those on Solstice Inaugural sailing(s)

lobster129

What questions do you have for those on Solstice Inaugural sailing(s)?

I'm sure many of us booked on Solstice have many questions so I thought I would start a thread for those first sailing to have a list all in one place...so they can print it out and begin their scavanger hunt for answers!

I'll begin: Tell me about the balcony dividers.... Are some solid metal and others aqua glass or plastic? Are any removeable or can be colapsed so friends/family in side by side cabins can have one large adjoining area?

Thanks,

Lobster129

Hey Becky! Great thread!!:D

I would like to know the difference in balcony furniture. Not suites really, but the standard size cabins. I would love to know if the CC cabins are different than the other standard balcony cabins.

Yes, I think I am stuck with the balcony divider problem. On the 9th deck, forward of the first indent, you can see where every 2 cabins has a solid divider and the cabin in between a divider that opens up. SO... our 3 cabins that we have together is not going to do what I was hoping it would do.... Open all up for happy hour:(

I can't wait for you lucky people to come back and report!

Hi Everyone !

Excellent Idea !

I will be on the Inaugural Sailing, along with Host Anne, and Host Joe. I will also be on the 11/14/08 Pre-Inaugural sailing. Please feel free to post your questions, and we will try our very best to get answers.

It is always a pleasure to help in any way possible !

Great idea, Thank you everyone. Although think we've got the furniture configurations for 3rd/4th guest figured out, it would be helpful to have it confirmed in a few veranda cabins. As understood now:

Within an interlocking cabin pair design, quads and triples always have a sofa (trundle bed or sofa/pullman) near the balcony. Sofas there are long enough be made into a twin bed. But if so, than why have a pullman in the triples? When sofa is closer to door and bathroom, sofa is smaller (loveseat size?) and reason why there are no connecting 3/4s (ex a few handicap). Pullmans are from ceiling, not wall, and ALWAYS over the sofa near balcony, never over bed or other wall. Checking this out would require looking into a few different cabin pairs with deckplan in hand, but much appreciated if anyone can drag themselves away from the more exciting features of the ship. Have a fabulous time!

Which nights will be the formal nights on the 7-day Caribbean cruises?

Will suite guests have complimentary access to the Persian Gardens?

Will Celebrity provide priority seating for Suite guests in the main showroom, and reserved seating near the pool? RCCL has started providing reserved seating for those staying in GS and above.

How will they manage the availability of Blu for those passengers not in Aqua class?

Hypo

Is there enough closet space? In photos of the Solstice cabins, the closet appears to be much shorter and narrower than the other Celebrity ship's. And is there more drawer and storage space to make up for any difference in the closet? Thanks! Ann

Hey Becky! Great thread!!:D

I would like to know the difference in balcony furniture. Not suites really, but the standard size cabins. I would love to know if the CC cabins are different than the other standard balcony cabins.

Yes, I think I am stuck with the balcony divider problem. On the 9th deck, forward of the first indent, you can see where every 2 cabins has a solid divider and the cabin in between a divider that opens up. SO... our 3 cabins that we have together is not going to do what I was hoping it would do.... Open all up for happy hour:(

I can't wait for you lucky people to come back and report!

I am wondering about the dividers now...my brother and s-i-l just had our cabins changed so we could be next to each other. We thought the opening divider would be great..now I am afraid it won't open. How can you tell from the picture...we are in 9128 and 9130..any help here?

Also, something very minor I am wondering about is the hair dryer in the cabin. I have always found them to be less than efficient...hate to have to pack my own,so I am hoping they will be usable.

Judie

1. Does the Blu menu change every night, or even at all?

2. Any info on how they will be managing restaurant space (i.e. allowing AQ pax to eat in the MDR, or non-AQ pax in Blu)?

3. Does it appear that there is adequate deck space around the pools, or are the concerns expressed in here that it seems too minimal valid?

Cabin layout: We would like to know if there is a pattern for which cabins have beds by the balcony door & the reverse on deck 9....we have two cruises booked on that deck

Dining Room: how are the diing room chairs? and is the spacing between tables comfortable? are the better locations on the upper level or anywhere else down below?

Thanks so much & have a great time.....

Can you inaugeral cruises get off the ship fast so I can get on.

Thanks......

Hi Longboys !

The answer is NO .... give us a chance too :)

Just kidding. Enjoy your Cruise !

Please let us know about the connecting room feature with the hallway. I cannot quite visualize it and the picture I saw did not help.

Hi Patchit !

I think I get the basic idea, but I agree it is somewhat confusing. I am sure we can get this question answered when we are onboard.

My thinking is.... that it will all make sense, once we see it in person.

Hi Patchit !

I think I get the basic idea, but I agree it is somewhat confusing. I am sure we can get this question answered when we are onboard.

My thinking is.... that it will all make sense, once we see it in person.

Andy thanks so much and have a wonderful time.

In how far does the interior differ from the one on the presentation samples of the companies site.

I would like to ad to my previous question as well a question about the observation lunge?!

What type of music is going to be played there?! Only a live band sort of music or is ther going to be as well other type of music?!

The second question is there going to be served coctails (alcoholic and non alcoholic) and/or spirits only?!

Thanks!

My question is this:

How fast can you people get off the ship and get to a computer to give us all the information? :D

I'd love to know about any deck parties at night on the SJ/SK/SM itinerary. And if they have any plans for NYE? Although I think it's remote that anyone will be able to answer that last question too far in advance. But it would be nice to know if they plan on making it a formal night.

I'd like more info on the cc staterooms. On the M class it was always worth it for the size , the nicer bedding and the better veranda furniture, Now that the reg. veranda rooms are the same size as cc, what are they doing to make the cc cabins stand out? Is the decor and bedding upgraded? Are the bathrooms any nicer? I hope I'm not paying extra just to get the early embark and debark if the cabins and veranda furniture is not upgraded! Thanks so much for any observations!

I would like to ad to my previous question as well a question about the observation lounge?!

What type of music is going to be played there?! Only a live band sort of music or is there going to be as well other type of music?!

The second question is there going to be served coctails (alcoholic and non alcoholic) and/or spirits only?!

Thanks!

Is there a possibility to have lunch outside in one of the restaurants?!

I also would like to know if those in AQ can get dinner in the main DR.

Like others the balcony furniture.. lounge chair or a Dining tabel to eat at.

plus can we get copies of menu's or the daily program to plan our evenings better

thanks

Archived