WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

Does anyone have any information about who the captain and/or cruise director will be on the Eqinox January 10, 2014 sailing?

Way too early to know that - probably around December people will be able to post with a degree of accuracy

Yes Captain Sympouras is the Master of Infinity as of May 13. Tom Hinderhoefer continues as Staff Captain.

I do not know who replaced Alejandro as Cruise Director. He left the ship at the same time we did to go to Silhouette.

JC replaced Alejandro as CD.

Infinity sailing May 24:

Captain: Michael Sympouras

HD: Djamel Benatmane

Chief Engineer: Ioannis Nionakis

CD: James Cox

Staff Captain: Thomas Hinderhofer

F&B Mgr: Christopher Paul

GR Mgr: David Gross

Ex Chef: Stephen Jondeau

CC Hostess: Melissa

A wonderful happy crew on the Infinity. We had a great time. The line up was:

Master Captain Michael Sympouras

Chief Engineer Ioannis Nionakis

Staff Captain Thomas Hinderhoffer

Guest Relations David Gross

Hotel Director Djamel Benatmane

Cruise Director James Cox

Food and Beverage manager Christopher Paul

Executive Chef Stephen Jondeau

Captains club hostess Mellissa Snow

Great Entertainment manager Pete who did a great tv double act every day with James Cox.

A wonderful rock guitarist called Rick Steele kept the lounges full and happy till late!

Whatever these guys are doing they are getting it right!!

Mellissa told me she would be joining the Summit later in the year.

Angie and Tony

Edited by Tony UK

A wonderful happy crew on the Infinity. We had a great time. The line up was:

Master Captain Michael Sympouras

Chief Engineer Ioannis Nionakis

Staff Captain Thomas Hinderhoffer

Guest Relations David Gross

Hotel Director Djamel Benatmane

Cruise Director James Cox

Food and Beverage manager Christopher Paul

Executive Chef Stephen Jondeau

Captains club hostess Mellissa Snow

Great Entertainment manager Pete who did a great tv double act every day with James Cox.

A wonderful rock guitarist called Rick Steele kept the lounges full and happy till late!

Whatever these guys are doing they are getting it right!!

Mellissa told me she would be joining the Summit later in the year.

Angie and Tony

Just shows how tastes differ. We find JC to be the most obnoxious cruise director on Celebrity. He has no talent, he waffles on for hours and if I had a pound for every time he says "each and every one of you" (which isn't even English), it would have paid for my cruise. The organization of the entertainment also left a lot to be desired on our cruise (to the Norwegian fjords). Events constantly over ran or were change to different places on the ship. The invited speakers were expected to give talks in an open area with people constantly walking past and with pillars in front of the seats where people were trying to listen to the talk. Complaints to customer services were to no avail as we were told that this was the decision of the entertainment manager.

Just shows how tastes differ. We find JC to be the most obnoxious cruise director on Celebrity.

Does JC have a last name? I have not seen him on previous lists.

Edited by ~Cruisenut~

Nathalie on Equinox is brand new to Celebrity and Equinox is her first ship. She is from France and lives on the French/German border. Very sweet gal. We enjoyed her on Apr. transatlantic and Venice cruise.

Hi, this must be a different Natalie but she sounds very nice too.:)

The Natalie I know was on Equinox last year and she is not from

France.

Thanks. Hopefully she will be on the Eclipse in November when we are back on the ship. She was not on the ship last November.

Wow. It wasn't her first contract with Celebrity though, was it? If it was, she must have had experience from somewhere or is a complete natural at organizing events. Were you one of the lucky ones to have a special CC luncheon organized by Anca on the Mercury from Baltimore? The Mercury cruises weren't our favorite cruises for itinerary, but as far as the ship experience they were the most fun and special from Baltimore because we knew so many passengers, crew, staff, and officers.

If someone knows where Anca is now, please let us know.

Unfortunately, a lot do not get the credit and recognition they deserve. I always fill out the Guest Questionnaire making sure to mention favorable comments by name. I enter the names on my iPad throughout the cruise so that I don't inadvertently leave out someone. I have every blank inch of that questionnaire filled with comments. If someone or a place, such as Aqua Spa Cafe or a waiter, deserves very special, standout recognition, I also fill out an Attention to Details card that we can get from Guest Relations. I used to think that the Attention to Details was for reporting complaints on something that needed more attention, but discovered that these cards can be used to point out crew deserving special comments and recognition. In April on the Century, I filled out a Attention for Details card for the Aqua Spa Cafe and for Mario (waiter & Century Aqua Spa Cafe manager) and Stanley (waiter), both of India, for their excellent management and service in the cafe and for Stanley as our Select waiter in MDR. And on the Eclipse last November I filled out one for the Bistro of Five and for its management and staff. In both cases, I specified names.

Speaking of Bistro on Five, does anyone know who is managing Bistro on Five on the Eclipse? Right now I can't remember the name of the one we had last November except that she was from Macedonia. She was another excellent one, hence deserving of the Attention to Details recognition along with her crew.

Kathy

Anca who we also thought was great was on Solstice with us in October 2011. Needless to say, she has probably been moved since then. We were lucky enough to have her with us on the Mercury and did have the special luncheon. She is super good at what she does.

Cindy

We will be on the Infinity in September and are very happy to read that Mellissa will likely be our Captain's Club Hostess. Mellissa was our Captain's Club hostess 5 times on the Mercury from Feb. 2010 to Feb. 2011; we last saw her on the Millennium in May 2011. Our experience of six cruises with Mellissa as the CC hostess has been very favorable and we look forward to seeing her again in a few months.

Does anyone know where Laura Goor, Future Cruises Sales, is now? Is Angela still on the Reflection?

Kathy

I am glad to hear some passengers are sticking up for Mellissa. We are also not super elite and do not bully anyone. I think some people may just misinterpret her Aussie sense of humor. We have sailed with Mellissa as cc hostess on several occasions and think she is really nice. I have never noticed any of the characterizations claimed by the above posters. We will be on the Infinity in July and again in September and hope that Mellissa will be there. It will be great to see her again.

I am glad to hear some passengers are sticking up for Mellissa. We are also not super elite and do not bully anyone. I think some people may just misinterpret her Aussie sense of humor. We have sailed with Mellissa as cc hostess on several occasions and think she is really nice. I have never noticed any of the characterizations claimed by the above posters. We will be on the Infinity in July and again in September and hope that Mellissa will be there. It will be great to see her again.

I enjoyed Melissa. I thought she was friendly and good at what she was doing. I witnessed her enduring a dressing down from an entitled passenger who was upset Melissa hadn't recognized her. Please! She was very gracious and endured it.

I type my comments and name list on the note pad on the iPad then email it to myself on the last day, go to the iLounge and print it out and attach to the comment card. Works great. ~ Rick

Good idea, Rick! I am going to use that one. Easier to do it throughout the cruise instead of last minute when packing becomes a priority. I remember you from our British Isles cruise in 2007 on the Century.

Anca who we also thought was great was on Solstice with us in October 2011. Needless to say, she has probably been moved since then. We were lucky enough to have her with us on the Mercury and did have the special luncheon. She is super good at what she does.

Cindy

Cindy: Our loss and Celebrity's loss if Anca has left Celebrity.

I enjoyed Melissa. I thought she was friendly and good at what she was doing. I witnessed her enduring a dressing down from an entitled passenger who was upset Melissa hadn't recognized her. Please! She was very gracious and endured it.

I agree that sometimes someone rubs us the wrong way or as sunflower54 said "misinterpret" because of cultural or personal differences. Different cultures have a more direct, gregarious, polite, and/or reserved demeanor and different views and approaches to life; and we've had very diverse life experiences. We see that in our own countries and certainly when abroad. That is one of the many positive outcomes of traveling that there are cultural and personal differences that we can learn to understand, accept, tolerate, enjoy, and even embrace. Of course, sometimes there is a legitimate reason not to like someone.

We have enjoyed our conversations with Mellissa too and are really looking forward to seeing her. Sunflower46: Mellissa should be your CC Hostess in both July and September and our hostess in September. If you get a chance, please tell her Jack & Kathy from the Mercury (4-5x w/ Mellissa including the last Mercury sailing in Feb. 2011) and Millennium (1x) cruises in 2010-2011, friends of Tom & Nancy also from the Mercury, said hi and that we are looking forward to seeing her on the September 6th sailing. Nancy may be keeping in touch via email with Mellissa (Nancy & Tom are not on the September 6th sailing). If she doesn't recall who we are or doesn't recognize us in September, we certainly won't dress her down. ;) After all, it will be almost 2.5 years since we've seen her.

Kathy

We sailed with Melissa on Millennium to Alaska in 2011 and very much enjoyed our trip with her as the CC hostess. Conversely, we were on Eclipse for 14 nights this past New Years. We never met the CC hostess, despite attending many of the functions for Elites. I could not even name her. She did seem to be very engaging with some passengers.

Mary Lou

We sailed with Melissa on Millennium to Alaska in 2011 and very much enjoyed our trip with her as the CC hostess. Conversely, we were on Eclipse for 14 nights this past New Years. We never met the CC hostess, despite attending many of the functions for Elites. I could not even name her. She did seem to be very engaging with some passengers.

Mary Lou

Maybe she was Donna? I believe our CC Hostess on the Eclipse in November was Donna from the UK.

Good idea, Rick! I am going to use that one. Easier to do it throughout the cruise instead of last minute when packing becomes a priority. I remember you from our British Isles cruise in 2007 on the Century.

Cindy: Our loss and Celebrity's loss if Anca has left Celebrity.

I agree that sometimes someone rubs us the wrong way or as sunflower54 said "misinterpret" because of cultural or personal differences. Different cultures have a more direct, gregarious, polite, and/or reserved demeanor and different views and approaches to life; and we've had very diverse life experiences. We see that in our own countries and certainly when abroad. That is one of the many positive outcomes of traveling that there are cultural and personal differences that we can learn to understand, accept, tolerate, enjoy, and even embrace. Of course, sometimes there is a legitimate reason not to like someone.

We have enjoyed our conversations with Mellissa too and are really looking forward to seeing her. Sunflower46: Mellissa should be your CC Hostess in both July and September and our hostess in September. If you get a chance, please tell her Jack & Kathy from the Mercury (4-5x w/ Mellissa including the last Mercury sailing in Feb. 2011) and Millennium (1x) cruises in 2010-2011, friends of Tom & Nancy also from the Mercury, said hi and that we are looking forward to seeing her on the September 6th sailing. Nancy may be keeping in touch via email with Mellissa (Nancy & Tom are not on the September 6th sailing). If she doesn't recall who we are or doesn't recognize us in September, we certainly won't dress her down. ;) After all, it will be almost 2.5 years since we've seen her.

Kathy

Thanks for remembering us Kathy.

We saw Anca in SI in Dec or ML in Jan, can't remember which, I'm leaning toward ML as Event Coordinator.

We have known Ms. Snow since she was an Assistant Manager of the onboard shops. She has always been gracious, personable, and professional. She left the shops and began working in the ships with the onboard Art Dealers until a CCH spot opened. We have cruised with her several times as CCH and always handled herself professionally. ~ Rick