WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

Has anyone sailed on Century with Captain Isidoros Karamaounas? I am speculating that he is no longer with Celebrity but no one has mentioned him for a while.

We had him as the Master in 2012, July1st,on Century. He stayed on till early August (5th) then went home to Greece for his family holidays. I understand he came back on as some folks referred to him on some o the fall/ Winter Century Hawaii voyages....but nothing since.

cheers

Interesting how different people's experiences were. I have read great things about Melissa here, but we thought she was by far the worse hostess we had on over 20 cruises. The biggest problem was that she sucked up and fawned over the elite of the elite (those with either lots of Celebrity points or those who seemed to be self appointed Cruise Critic big shots-or both) and basically ignored everyone else. In fairness, those individuals intimidated and bullied her, but she should have handled it a lot better. Quite a number of us (all Elite) mentioned her attitude and behavior on our comment cards, so maybe that got addressed and she has improved.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

We had her as a CC hostess on Connie July '11...and your views are exactly how we felt.....Since she was a ''rookie'' in that position at the time, we sort of wrote it off to '' work in progress'' and left it at that. She did however give the impression of being a bit ''snob-ish''...again, this was our impression. Since then, we did remark a growing occurence of favourable perceptions by guests. Also, one needs a pretty thick skin on that job....and hers perhaps took a while to acheive the proper ''firmness''....

My opinion.

Cheers

Could not disagree more with above comments about Mellissa. We are not super Elite nor do we bully anyone, but when we met her this time she remembered us by sight, the fact that we usually travel with our small grandchildren. She was around the Lounges every evening to say hello to the folks who were there. We did not have an Elite lounge per se on the Transatlantic this time. Nobody got ignored as far as I could see.

I do agree that Jenny is also a terrific CC Hostess.

Edited by raymac46

Could not disagree more with above comments about Mellissa. We are not super Elite nor do we bully anyone, but when we met her this time she remembered us by sight, the fact that we usually travel with our small grandchildren. She was around the Lounges every evening to say hello to the folks who were there. We did not have an Elite lounge per se on the Transatlantic this time. Nobody got ignored as far as I could see.

I do agree that Jenny is also a terrific CC Hostess.

Not to worry. Mellissa is wonderful. Have sailed with her 3 times and she's our favorite CC Hostess.

Jenny needed a break after a couple of extra months work.

We will be on the Infinity in September and are very happy to read that Mellissa will likely be our Captain's Club Hostess. Mellissa was our Captain's Club hostess 5 times on the Mercury from Feb. 2010 to Feb. 2011; we last saw her on the Millennium in May 2011. Our experience of six cruises with Mellissa as the CC hostess has been very favorable and we look forward to seeing her again in a few months.

Does anyone know where Laura Goor, Future Cruises Sales, is now? Is Angela still on the Reflection?

Kathy

Who can remember the Hostesses at the Select MDR dining rooms?

I know of Andrea ( Equinox 2011), Hillary Swank ( not her real name obviously but she looks like her,and she is military style strict:D) and the sweet girl on Millennium this winter, forgot her name, but she is Humgarian.

I know of Andrea ( Equinox 2011), Hillary Swank ( not her real name obviously but she looks like her,and she is military style strict:D) and the sweet girl on Millennium this winter, forgot her name, but she is Humgarian.

I know one of the gals is Natalie. I am pretty sure I met her on

Equinox in 2012.....she is terrific:)

I know of Andrea ( Equinox 2011),

Andrea Flack, like her husband, has left Celebrity the last I heard. She was most recently on Reflection.

Just off Constellation yesterday June 1, 2013. Here's the list:

Master - Tasos Kafetzis (leaves in about 4-6 weeks)

Staff Captain - Christos Trifyllis (leaves after next cruise)

Hotel Director - Christopher Belaubre

Chief Engineer - Nikolaos Politsis

Cruise Director - John Grantham

Guest Relations Mgr - Touch Ung

Food & Bev Mgr - Karl Hallberg

Exec. Chef - Yasna Arriagada

Captain Club Host - Lionel Chemburkar

Guitarist - Alan Kavanaugh

Dance Band - Oceans Dreams

Party Band - The Spitfires

String Trio - Anima

Andrea Flack, like her husband, has left Celebrity the last I heard. She was most recently on Reflection.

Robert and Andrea now live in Germany.

Robert moved to RCCL and is now heavily involved with their 4 new ships working for Damien OCONNOR.

I know one of the gals is Natalie. I am pretty sure I met her on

Equinox in 2012.....she is terrific:)

Natalie was on the Reflection last November and was absolutely fantastic. We dined in Select 27 nights and enjoyed seeing her each evening.

Natalie was on the Reflection last November and was absolutely fantastic. We dined in Select 27 nights and enjoyed seeing her each evening.

Hi Linda:) hope you are doing well. And so it was Natalie...really

nice person:D

Hi Linda:) hope you are doing well. And so it was Natalie...really

nice person:D

Hi Lois, see that you are finally cruising to Bermuda. Hope you have a great cruise.:D

Doing very well, thanks. Next cruise is April 2014 TA on the Silhouette. We will also take trains to Florence, Paris and London after debarking in Rome.

Natalie was always so gracious and professional when some cruisers were not so nice.

Linda

I remember Rosealba, but haven't seen her in a couple years either.

Does anyone know where Anca (sorry, don't remember her last name but she might have been from Romania), the Event Coordinator on the Mercury, went after the Mercury was transferred to TUI? She was terrific and very helpful for events on the Mercury.

Kathy

I wonder that too Kathy. She was on her first contract on the Mercury, and was phenomenal. CC was the only group on that cruise, and she took great care of us. I don't think that the group event coordinator gets enough credit.

Happy Sails to You

Rosalba was on Eclipse in April and May 2013

Thanks. Hopefully she will be on the Eclipse in November when we are back on the ship. She was not on the ship last November.

I wonder that too Kathy. She was on her first contract on the Mercury, and was phenomenal. CC was the only group on that cruise, and she took great care of us. I don't think that the group event coordinator gets enough credit.

Happy Sails to You

Wow. It wasn't her first contract with Celebrity though, was it? If it was, she must have had experience from somewhere or is a complete natural at organizing events. Were you one of the lucky ones to have a special CC luncheon organized by Anca on the Mercury from Baltimore? The Mercury cruises weren't our favorite cruises for itinerary, but as far as the ship experience they were the most fun and special from Baltimore because we knew so many passengers, crew, staff, and officers.

If someone knows where Anca is now, please let us know.

Unfortunately, a lot do not get the credit and recognition they deserve. I always fill out the Guest Questionnaire making sure to mention favorable comments by name. I enter the names on my iPad throughout the cruise so that I don't inadvertently leave out someone. I have every blank inch of that questionnaire filled with comments. If someone or a place, such as Aqua Spa Cafe or a waiter, deserves very special, standout recognition, I also fill out an Attention to Details card that we can get from Guest Relations. I used to think that the Attention to Details was for reporting complaints on something that needed more attention, but discovered that these cards can be used to point out crew deserving special comments and recognition. In April on the Century, I filled out a Attention for Details card for the Aqua Spa Cafe and for Mario (waiter & Century Aqua Spa Cafe manager) and Stanley (waiter), both of India, for their excellent management and service in the cafe and for Stanley as our Select waiter in MDR. And on the Eclipse last November I filled out one for the Bistro of Five and for its management and staff. In both cases, I specified names.

Speaking of Bistro on Five, does anyone know who is managing Bistro on Five on the Eclipse? Right now I can't remember the name of the one we had last November except that she was from Macedonia. She was another excellent one, hence deserving of the Attention to Details recognition along with her crew.

Kathy

Edited by TourDeCruise
Added "on the Century"

Unfortunately, a lot do not get the credit and recognition they deserve. I always fill out the Guest Questionnaire making sure to mention favorable comments by name. I enter the names on my iPad throughout the cruise so that I don't inadvertently leave out someone. I have every blank inch of that questionnaire filled with comments. If someone or a place, such as Aqua Spa Cafe or a waiter, deserves very special, standout recognition, I also fill out an Attention to Details card that we can get from Guest Relations. I used to think that the Attention to Details was for reporting complaints on something that needed more attention, but discovered that these cards can be used to point out crew deserving special comments and recognition. In April on the Century, I filled out a Attention for Details card for the Aqua Spa Cafe and for Mario (waiter & Century Aqua Spa Cafe manager) and Stanley (waiter), both of India, for their excellent management and service in the cafe and for Stanley as our Select waiter in MDR. And on the Eclipse last November I filled out one for the Bistro of Five and for its management and staff. In both cases, I specified names.

Kathy

I type my comments and name list on the note pad on the iPad then email it to myself on the last day, go to the iLounge and print it out and attach to the comment card. Works great. ~ Rick