Woman missing on the Pearl

wrp96

I know I'd take off my wedding rings, lay them on the table, and set up a chair to assist my husband's efforts to toss me overboard. Sorry, but those stories just don't jive.

Just to play devil's advocate, if I were going to toss someone overboard, I'd try to figure out a way to stage the scene differently before I notified anyone they were missing.

This whole thing has been fascinating to me.

While sitting on my so called private balcony.....i swear i was hypnotized by the sea. Anyone else feel this way? I so wanted to jump in the water right off of my balcony. NOw that is NOT a suicidal thought...but that water was so calming and had the strangest effect on me. anyone else ever feel like that. I seriously felt like I wanted to jump in the water...right off of my balcony. Like I was being hypnotized. I wonder does that happen to anyone else? Or am i a nut? lol. And if it does, I wonder could this be what happened to this woman. No way you just "fall" overboard!

You are not a nut... I've felt the same strange desire to jump from a balcony... and no, I'm not suicidal either!

:)

Just to play devil's advocate, if I were going to toss someone overboard, I'd try to figure out a way to stage the scene differently before I notified anyone they were missing.

This whole thing has been fascinating to me.

Hmmm... intriguing, indeed.

Did NCL handle the situation properly? We, including the passengers that posted do not know. The ship officer did not and should not have informed the passengers what was being done. First off the passengers could not help find her and second passengers would have caused more problems by keeping the crew tied up with questions.

When the passenger in the cabin below called security, assuming they did we don't know if security responded they do not have to get back to caller and usually do not.

As of this posting the only thing we know is;

1) The FBI is investigating and the cruise line is cooperating

2) A video tape shows a women in a white bathrope going over the side

3) Women went over around 8pm and husband reported her missing at about 4am.

Everything else is rumors and inuendos. We have to wait until all investigations (FBI and cruise lines) are completed and we read the reports.

I am not saying any of the passengers posting or stories are invald only saying lets not jumb to conclusions.

My sentiments exactly.

I've been reading this boards for a few years and it's amazing to me the times I have read that when on a ship out on the decks or balconys some people have the desire to jump! They say that it's some kind of high to jump! I can't even think about it !!!!!!!:eek: Ii've read it time and time again and just don't understand.

For what it's worth (still rumor) found these three postings on another website:

Landlocked said:

"I also see that there was a third person in their cabin. They were in cabin 11122, husband Raymond, and someone else named Donna Ellis, born in 1940, maybe it is her mother. "

Dr. Tara Kent said:

"My husband and I were among the last eight passengers off the ship today; what can I say, he was lazy? Anyhow in the hallway oblivious to the fact that he was being overheard an FBI Agent was giving report to his superiors and it was startlingly lacking in any as previously mentioned by another "poster" real intensive investigative drive. The Agent stated that they were debriefing the two cabins beside the incident and the one above and below. He also stated that he was debriefing the mother...and a "person of interest" - no mention of the male party present."

HarlemDave said:

"Checking the Motor Vehicle records, there is a 36-year-old woman named Jennifer Seitz from Winter Haven, Florida. Her husband's name is Raymond, age 39. At the same address, there's a woman named Donna Ellis, age 68. (It appears that she owns the house.)

So this appears to jibe with what Landlocked said."

CG

Dr. Tara Kent said:

"My husband and I were among the last eight passengers off the ship today; what can I say, he was lazy? Anyhow in the hallway oblivious to the fact that he was being overheard an FBI Agent was giving report to his superiors and it was startlingly lacking in any as previously mentioned by another "poster" real intensive investigative drive [my highlighting]. The Agent stated that they were debriefing the two cabins beside the incident and the one above and below. He also stated that he was debriefing the mother...and a "person of interest" - no mention of the male party present."

What exactly does this mean - "lacking in any real intensive investigative drive"? Did the agent appear bored? Is he being criticized because he didn't appear excited? Personally, I'd rather see the agent approach the investigation methodically and calmly.

"Checking the Motor Vehicle records, there is a 36-year-old woman named Jennifer Seitz from Winter Haven, Florida. Her husband's name is Raymond, age 39. At the same address, there's a woman named Donna Ellis, age 68. (It appears that she owns the house.)

So this appears to jibe with what Landlocked said."

CG

Winter Haven woman missing from the Norwegian Pearl

from

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local/story/Winter-Haven-woman-missing-from-the-Norwegian/uc4DdvsL9EWk91-7KeWrhQ.cspx

I'm no where NEAR suicidal...just a pisces-I also look at the ocean and want to swim! I just said to my husband while aboard the Star, "they should invent some type of apparatus that would allow safe, ocean swimming while at sea". Some type of netted, ring that would extend from the ship and allow for an "at sea" excursion to swim while out and about. We had the most glorious day at sea on Christmas on the Star and it was a shame we couldn't enjoy it. I agree....I see that gorgeous ocean and just want to jump in and enjoy it. I'm a social drinker and have had my fill...yet still didn't ever find the reasoning to "swim" in the ocean. I don't know....this is very intriguing to me. I can't imagine being away from my husband and bedtime and him not going hysterical that I wasn't in the cabin. We are also 37 and a bit "attached to the hip"...... on a side note, I'm also surprised that my every action was recorded on my balcony!!!

What exactly does this mean - "lacking in any real intensive investigative drive"? Did the agent appear bored? Is he being criticized because he didn't appear excited? Personally, I'd rather see the agent approach the investigation methodically and calmly.

I didn't post all that the poster said. She continued to say that she works in some sort of investigative field and that she was appalled that the agent was speaking where others could hear him, etc. So I guess she didn't like his attitude as well.

CG

When my husband left a shopping area to reboard ahead of me on one cruise, I gave him my watch and told him to leave it in the cabin when he got back on board so that I would know for sure he was on the ship. I was with others cruisers so I did not need my watch. Found my watch in the cabin when I reboarded so I knew my husband was on the ship somewhere - peace of mind for sure!!!

My DH and I cruise quite often, and many times we like to do seperate things while in port.

We both know the drill....when we are back onboard, we leave something laying on the bed so we know we are back.

Works great for us:)

I also agree with others, don't think you cal just "fall" overboard unless you are drunk, doing something really stupid, or foul play:eek:

When we were on a cruise a couple of years ago, they started paging in the public areas, and then in the cabins @ 6am for a woman that was missing.

Her husband (or boyfirend) reported her missing sometime during the night and they were searching everwhere for her.

They had photos around the ship (we were on Princess) during the morning.

Well, guess where they found her....in one of the male crew members cabin!!

Jeanne

My hearts go out to this lady and her family. We recently did our first cruise with the Carnival Liberty and we also had a balcony room as well. We did sit outside on more than 1 occasion (to have breakfast early in the morning, to read, to get some rays etc) and I do agree with some earlier posters that the waters look pretty inviting at times.

Mind you, I can't swim so I would never think about jumping or anything.

Very sad. I would not hesitate to do another cruise again but whenever I read about these kinds of stories, it's heart-breaking.

They had photos around the ship (we were on Princess) during the morning.

Well, guess where they found her....in one of the male crew members cabin!!

Jeanne

Repeat of an earlier post

Not lost but mislaid

From the not missing but mislaid department: Monday CND ran an article about a Fascination passenger who reported that her cabinmate wasn't in her cabin when she woke up. After searching the ship it turned out he was missing, and the Coast Guard was called in to search the path the ship had sailed since he was last seen. One cruise executive dropped us a line to let us know that these days more often than not when a cabinmate is reported "missing" and not in the cabin in the morning, it turns out that the person somehow managed to be sleeping in the wrong cabin, and is amazed that the person in bed with them isn't their original cabinmate. I guess one bed was too hard, and they checked another one that was too soft and they kept going until they found one that was j-u-s-t right.

repeat of an earlier post

not lost but mislaid

from the not missing but mislaid department: Monday cnd ran an article about a fascination passenger who reported that her cabinmate wasn't in her cabin when she woke up. After searching the ship it turned out he was missing, and the coast guard was called in to search the path the ship had sailed since he was last seen. One cruise executive dropped us a line to let us know that these days more often than not when a cabinmate is reported "missing" and not in the cabin in the morning, it turns out that the person somehow managed to be sleeping in the wrong cabin, and is amazed that the person in bed with them isn't their original cabinmate. I guess one bed was too hard, and they checked another one that was too soft and they kept going until they found one that was j-u-s-t right.

oh my gosh!

I was a passenger on this cruise. On Saturday, a friend on the ship noticed a CNN report about a passenger being missing. However, NCL did nothing to inform passengers of what happened and there was no change in the ship's schedule. Now that I am home, I am looking at news reports. There is a report and some interesting comments (both on the specifics of this case, including comments from passengers on board, and on the surprising number of passengers who have gone missing on cruise ships over the last ten years) on the True Crime Report blog at: http://www.truecrimereport.com/2008/12/correction_from_uscg_-_jennife.php.

Heck, look at what happened in California at a Christmas Party, all those people dead, just because a failed marriage! The guy even shot a child in the face and then went off and killed himself, we live in sad times...

I remember growing up and hearing about somebody killing their whole family - and that was 40 years or more ago. It's not something new.

You are not a nut... I've felt the same strange desire to jump from a balcony... and no, I'm not suicidal either!

:)

I have experienced the same thing and have read on other posts about it having the same effect on others. It is really strange how it happens but for those of you who don't have this happen to you, I will try to explain.......

You are standing on the deck and looking out at the horizon and then you look down at the water and you just keep looking at it because it is a blue you have never seen before and before you know you can't seem to take your eyes off the beautiful blue water and your mind starts to think about how beautiful and peaceful the water is and that it is the most beautiful shade of blue you have ever seen and that it would be awesome to just jump in and lay back and relax in that water and forget that the world with all it's problems exist......that is would just be you, the ocean and God. And it is so relaxing and inviting and then at some point you come back to reality and think WOW, how could I even think about that, if I did that I would never survive the jump and if I did the sharks would eat me:eek:

It isn't that we would actually do it, just that it is sooooooooooo peaceful.

I have experienced the same thing and have read on other posts about it having the same effect on others. It is really strange how it happens but for those of you who don't have this happen to you, I will try to explain.......

You are standing on the deck and looking out at the horizon and then you look down at the water and you just keep looking at it because it is a blue you have never seen before and before you know you can't seem to take your eyes off the beautiful blue water and your mind starts to think about how beautiful and peaceful the water is and that it is the most beautiful shade of blue you have ever seen and that it would be awesome to just jump in and lay back and relax in that water and forget that the world with all it's problems exist......that is would just be you, the ocean and God. And it is so relaxing and inviting and then at some point you come back to reality and think WOW, how could I even think about that, if I did that I would never survive the jump and if I did the sharks would eat me:eek:

It isn't that we would actually do it, just that it is sooooooooooo peaceful.

That's sooooo true!!!!

i'm glad i'm not a nut and the only one this happens to. I seriously had to make a conscious effort not to "jump" in. that water is powerful! :rolleyes:

That's sooooo true!!!!

i'm glad i'm not a nut and the only one this happens to. I seriously had to make a conscious effort not to "jump" in. that water is powerful! :rolleyes:

Yeah I know I have never felt that kind of feeling......it is kind of like reading a love story and you find yourself becoming a part of it. We may have to email each other.....LOL

Anyway back to the actual post.....I sure hope he didn't do it

Archived