Would you pay for a lounge chair?

Bibi

How much would you pay to reserve a lounge chair for the duration of the cruise?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you pay to reserve a lounge chair for the duration of the cruise?

• I wouldn't pay for a lounge chair, no matter where it was located.
    • $10.00 per chair
    • $25.00 per chair
    • $40.00 per chair

I answered $25.00, but if we had many sea days, I wouldn't hesitate to pay more. And while it would NOT be right next to the pool, it would be somewhere in the sun, where I can watch the action!

I'd never pay for a chair by the pool. I usually just find a dry spot for my towel, T-shirt, and Crocs while I'm in the pool and/or hot tub.

On one cruise, people were reserving chairs on the Promenade Deck, which is my favorite place. After doing a walk a few times around and noticing no one using a particular chair, I decided it was time for me to sit and read awhile. The person who had left things reserving that chair did not come back while I was there.

I never have a problem finding a chair--but then, I don't want to be right beside the pool! I don't mind being in an "out of the way" spot---it's quieter and you have more space! And, I don't mind a short jaunt to the pool to take a dip. As long as it's in the sun, I'm happy!

Yes, it's nickle and dime time here, but it's money well spent if the cruise line can ASSURE me that my chair will be empty whenever I decide to use it, and that I won't have to get someone else out of it if and when I decide to use it.

Not sure how the cruise line would accomplish this, other than perhaps 'roping off' a section of loungers on the pool deck and / or deck above, and having a pool butler watching at all times.

HAL has already started doing this on the Eurodam. You can rent a cabana next to the Lido pool or in their more exclusive Retreat area above the Lido pool. Here's pictures of both:

Retreat Cabanas above Lido pool:

DSCN0711.jpg

One of the private cabanas on the pool deck:

DSCN0725.jpg

NOPE! But we are not very sedentary when we cruise there is always something to keep us busy! But I am sure the question is geared toward those who will use the chairs anyway. I do hate chair hogs though! dlz

HAL has already started doing this on the Eurodam. You can rent a cabana next to the Lido pool or in their more exclusive Retreat area above the Lido pool. Here's pictures of both:

I knew I'd seen it someplace. . . . the end is near! :eek:

I would absolutely pay for a lounge chair for the duration of my cruise. It would have to be near the pool though.

I voted $40 for the week because I think that's worth not having to FIND a chair! I could sleep late, which I typically don't so I get a chair. I would be able to leave my chair as long as I'd want (which I don't do now BC I know that's not really fair to other pax). Even though it would be an added cost, it would relieve that stress of circling the pool area 10x before u find 2 chairs in separate locations & then move them so that you and your SO can sit together.

If I could wake up whenever I wanted and know my chair would be there waiting for me, it would absolutely be worth $40.

Princess also charges for chairs in their adults-only Sanctuary at the top of the ship (a deck above their quiet pool). From what I have read, they serve non-alcoholic drinks and light snacks for a charge. You can buy by the day, half-day, or week. It's a very popular option, but rather pricey...the pass is definitely over $100 for a week.

I have mixed feelings on the topic. It's not a new idea by any means, but I'm not sure how well it would play out today. Over 25 years ago, they used to charge to reserve pool chairs on one of my favorite lines. The deck staff would reserve your chair, make sure no one else sat in it, and provide other niceties like non-alcoholic drinks and water spritzers. All in all, it made for a very classy, comfortable poolside experience. It was a very nominal fee, but it certainly kept order at the pool better than today!

I do think that as the chair hogging gets worse and worse, lines may have to consider going this route. What's old is new again!

I have mixed feelings on the topic. It's not a new idea by any means, but I'm not sure how well it would play out today. Over 25 years ago, they used to charge to reserve pool chairs on one of my favorite lines. The deck staff would reserve your chair, make sure no one else sat in it, and provide other niceties like non-alcoholic drinks and water spritzers. All in all, it made for a very classy, comfortable poolside experience. It was a very nominal fee, but it certainly kept order at the pool better than today!

I do think that as the chair hogging gets worse and worse, lines may have to consider going this route. What's old is new again!

I agree...what goes around, comes around! So true.

Archived