Probably our Last Royal Caribbean Cruise - Laundry & Wine

Thank you! The only rational response received. We're out of this Cruise Critic forum for now. Bunch of folks that have more fun demeaning others than discussing facts of life and facts of cruises.

What facts need to be discussed?

Your priorities are clearly signifcantly at odds with people who have posted on this thread as I do not see many postings in support of your stance.

Jeez, you are the sort who will moan and complain that you had nothing to complain about.

Lighten up, get a life, and find an operator who can measure up to your oh so exacting standards. oh yes, and find a forum where you are treated with kid gloves and no one insults of flames you...I am sure you will find happiness there.

Personally I don't have an issue with the OP coming on here stating that they did not like some things RCI does and that they were dissapointed in their cruise. Where I have the issue is the fact that they are complaining that they HAVE TO take another one next year. If you don't like it that is fine, everyone has their own opinion. But, NOBODY is forcing them to take another cruise. If they don't think the policy cancel the next one and book with someone else who's policies they can handle.

I recently came back from Paris (non cruise). I had brought enough undies to last our entire 10 days. But I wasn't planning on it being so hot and us showering after touring and using new undies. I tried to find a local laundry facility since I knew ahead of time that there weren't facilities in our hotel. But no luck. I couldn't find any laundromats! But the hotel was more than willing to wash our undies for 4 Euros each!! I said no way and just washed them in the sink at night. You really need to wash 2 days ahead to get them dry in time.

So my advice is to wash in the sink if necessary! It worked for us.

Maggie

Our first Royal Caribbean (RC) cruise was the Mexican Riviera with or son and DIL in June 2009. The cabin & food service was good. However, we discovered that RC does not provide laundry facilities for guests. If you want your "undies" washed, they'll be glad to accommodate you for a VERY SIGNIFICANT fee. Not so with some other cruise lines, such as Princess. The same goes for trying to bring on your own wine for consumption during the cruise. RC will not allow you to do so. Other cruise lines will. These are obviously "profit centers", which we do not hold against RC. Nevertheless, we are a"cost-saving center" family that chooses to avoid those conditions. We naively made reservations for a second cruise on RC for a Caribbean cruise in early 2010 before taking our first RC cruise in June 2009. It will be our last RC cruise due to their established policies that go beyond reasonableness for the sake of either profit or political agendas.

Let's see, I'm on vacation and I want to spend it washing my undies? NOT! I bring enough and put the dirties in a bag, they can wait.

"Bring enough undies or cancel your reservation"? You done missed the point! My travel agent would be long gone on those comments!

Are you seriously worried about your travel agent dumping you? Who is working for whom?

Are you seriously worried about your travel agent dumping you? Who is working for whom?

I took it to mean that she knows Sue is a TA and she didn't like the very reasonable response of 'bring enough undies for 7 days'. I think she was saying that if Sue was her TA she would fire her for telling her to be sure to pack enough underwear.... Odd, I know, lol!:D

I took it to mean that she knows Sue is a TA and she didn't like the very reasonable response of 'bring enough undies for 7 days'. I think she was saying that if Sue was her TA she would fire her for telling her to be sure to pack enough underwear.... Odd, I know, lol!:D

Now that I have read the posts on Sue's ad, it makes more sense. I am sure you are right.

Our first Royal Caribbean (RC) cruise was the Mexican Riviera with or son and DIL in June 2009. The cabin & food service was good. However, we discovered that RC does not provide laundry facilities for guests. If you want your "undies" washed, they'll be glad to accommodate you for a VERY SIGNIFICANT fee. Not so with some other cruise lines, such as Princess. The same goes for trying to bring on your own wine for consumption during the cruise. RC will not allow you to do so. Other cruise lines will. These are obviously "profit centers", which we do not hold against RC. Nevertheless, we are a"cost-saving center" family that chooses to avoid those conditions. We naively made reservations for a second cruise on RC for a Caribbean cruise in early 2010 before taking our first RC cruise in June 2009. It will be our last RC cruise due to their established policies that go beyond reasonableness for the sake of either profit or political agendas.

I would love to pack light and be able to do a small amount of laundry on board. But I accept RCI does not offer this service. Use the $25/bag days and you get off easy. I disagree it makes any money at all, very few people use it on short cruises. It probably just covers their cost.

Wine is different, you might as well as lit a match in a dynamite farm. Personnally it does not impact me, but many here agree with you. The problem is why stop at wine, A nice bottle of Grand Marnier would be great.

Decide to cancel and you'll miss a great cruise. After all is said and done it's not much different than a movie theater keeping out popcorn and soda.

Bring enough undies for 7 days and no laundry and you can buy wine.

That is what I do, pack enough for 7 days and I have no issue buying their wine. However on longer cruises the lack of a laundry room is a real issue for me. Enough so that on longer cruises I have never booked Royal Caribbean, I book Princess or another line with a laundry room.

So on a 14 night cruise do I really need two pairs of boxers???????????? or will the one pair do;)?

One pair will do only if it is of a special type. I recall seeing on the News that a Japanese Astronaut on the Int'l Space Station was testing new underwear that could be worn for something like 14 to 30 days after which it is disposed of since it is not feasible to doing laundry in space. It is made with special very absorbent fiber with activated carbon built in for odor control. Should be available at your local clothier in the near future.

I think your anger is directed at the wrong people. If you or your TA had attempted to do a little research about the amenities of the ship, you would have had an understanding of what to expect. Personally, if I needed to have laundry done while onboard I would use what's available and not give it another thought, I understand that whats great for one is not great for all. As for your future cruise with Royal, cancel and cruise with a line that's going to suit your needs. But make sure you do the research so you won't have another disappointing vacation.:)

In regard to undies:

So on a 14 night cruise do I really need two pairs of boxers???????????? or will the one pair do;)?

Geeeez, I hope I'm not sharing a table with you at dinner. In fact, after 14 days I hope Im not sharing a deck with you :D

In regard to wine:

Don't you think this thread has had enough wine already? :cool:

Jake

One pair will do only if it is of a special type. I recall seeing on the News that a Japanese Astronaut on the Int'l Space Station was testing new underwear that could be worn for something like 14 to 30 days after which it is disposed of since it is not feasible to doing laundry in space. It is made with special very absorbent fiber with activated carbon built in for odor control. Should be available at your local clothier in the near future.

No self-service laundry on the Space Station? Cancel my reservation IMMEDIATELY.:D Their wine list is probably lacking and overpriced as well.:rolleyes:

Archived