Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

OK, I have the silly question of the day:

Dania Beach - how is it pronounced? Is it DAN-e-a, Dan-EE-a, Dan-EYE-a, DAN-eye-a? Or something else?

I'm at the Hyatt Place Airport & Cruise Port, and I need to pronounce it to make sure that I get on the right Hyatt Place shuttle!

Thanks!

OK, I have the silly question of the day:

Dania Beach - how is it pronounced? Is it DAN-e-a, Dan-EE-a, Dan-EYE-a, DAN-eye-a? Or something else?

I'm at the Hyatt Place Airport & Cruise Port, and I need to pronounce it to make sure that I get on the right Hyatt Place shuttle!

Thanks!

DAIN-ya!:D

Edited by royalcruz

We are a group of four adults and two children flying into FLL on 2-16-13 and cruising from POM on 2-17-13. What are your hotel recommendations and recommendations for travel between the hotel and POM? We are thinking about renting a minivan at FLL and driving to Miami.

We are a group of four adults and two children flying into FLL on 2-16-13 and cruising from POM on 2-17-13. What are your hotel recommendations and recommendations for travel between the hotel and POM? We are thinking about renting a minivan at FLL and driving to Miami.

That might be a good idea if the price is right. You would need 2 taxis (unless you can arrange a taxi van) and that would cost about $150 plus tip. If you stay at an airport-area hotel SAS might be able to do it for $90 (maybe less for a group rate...not sure the minimun number of passengers for the group rate).

Hi there,

We need to find a hotel close to the beach for a family of 6. I would prefer to have all of us in a one room suite if possible. Are there any hotels within walking distance to the beach that could accomodate us? Also, we would like to go on an airboat tour to see gators. What is the best tour in the Fort Lauderdale area? We will have a rental car to get there. Thanks.

We used SAS shuttle last time we flew into FLL but were leaving port from Miami. Their prices were better then any other means I checked.

Has anyone here stayed at the Ritz in Ft Lauderdale? Would love to read a review. Is it near the water taxi? Any good restraunts nearby? We will not have a car.

I haven't stayed there, but I go there for meals and drinks sometimes. It's a beautiful hotel, modern, with marble everywhere. The pool deck is very nice. It's very close to the Beach Place water taxi stop. The bar/lounge is the nicest in the area. The restaurant in the hotel is excellent, as well as Casablanca Cafe, H2O, Coconuts, and Steak 954, all within walking distance. It's just over 2 miles from the port entrance.

Edited by royalcruz

Hi there,

We need to find a hotel close to the beach for a family of 6. I would prefer to have all of us in a one room suite if possible. Are there any hotels within walking distance to the beach that could accomodate us? Also, we would like to go on an airboat tour to see gators. What is the best tour in the Fort Lauderdale area? We will have a rental car to get there. Thanks.

These hotels have suites: The Gallery One Doubletree is 2-3 short blocks from the beach. Lago Mar is on the beach. Marriott Beach Place Towers and W are across the street from the beach.

Edited by royalcruz

Hi there,

Cosign Gallery One . . . good sized suites, fresh baked cookies at the front . . . 6 people should be fine. The Galleria Mall and the Water Taxi stop is right there as well, plus the beach is about a 5 minute walk. Good people over there.

Carrie B gets rave reviews for their tours of Fort Lauderdale but being at Gallery One next to the water taxi stop, I'd probably spend my money on that as the water taxi drivers do a mini tour of their own and you get to ride all day.

It's been so long since I've done an airboat tour, all I know is you have to go out west and you'll see them lol. I'm sure there are a few cruisers on here who have done some recently but you could also use tripadvisor or yelp to get an idea of what has been recently recommended. They are alot of fun tho.

It's been so long since I've done an airboat tour, all I know is you have to go out west and you'll see them lol. I'm sure there are a few cruisers on here who have done some recently but you could also use tripadvisor or yelp to get an idea of what has been recently recommended. They are alot of fun tho.

We plan to do the airboat tour after the cruise through the ship. Since we have a later flight it will be a nice way to spend time. We will board a bus after retrieving our luggage and then do the tour. The luggage is stored under the bus and we won't have to worry about it again until we arrive at the airport. Convenience and fun all in one!:cool:

These hotels have suites: The Gallery One Doubletree is 2-3 short blocks from the beach. Lago Mar is on the beach. Marriott Beach Place Towers and W are across the street from the beach.

Be aware that not all the Gallery One suites would fit 6 people. Not a problem for me since I won my room on Hotwire and only traveled with my daughter, but it had one queen size bed in the bedroom and a small sofa in the living room -- certainly not big enough for six.

There are 5 of us from Australia staying at the Hampton Inn Ft.Lauderdale Airport North Hotel the night we disembark from Island Princess on the 5th April. What would be your suggestions to do on that day. I have looked up the Water Taxis, Mississipi Paddle Steamer or hiring a car and driving to Miami. Look forward to your thoughts. Cheers:):)

There are 5 of us from Australia staying at the Hampton Inn Ft.Lauderdale Airport North Hotel the night we disembark from Island Princess on the 5th April. What would be your suggestions to do on that day. I have looked up the Water Taxis, Mississipi Paddle Steamer or hiring a car and driving to Miami. Look forward to your thoughts. Cheers:):)

If your flight is in Fort Lauderdale, don't bother with Miami. There is plenty for you to do for the day. If you decide to do the water taxi, Las Olas, BeachPlace thing . . . you won't need a car . . . if you wanna go to the Hard Rock or Sawgrass Outlets you will. Either way you can make a day out of whatever you want to do, depending on what you want to do.

Thanks, yes we will do the water taxis the day we disembark from the Island Princess. which is the 5th April . Rob & I are going then on Oasis of the Seas for 7 days, and disembark on the 13th April Saturday. Our flight to Las Vegas is not until 2.50 p.m. so what suggestions do you have for this day??????????????

I thought may be we could get a shuttle to the airport and book in our luggage for American Airlines, and then get back to town or the beach or something. Not sure if American Airlines, would be able to book our luggage in that early though.!!!!!:):) Look forward to hearing your suggestions. Cheers from Australia Rob & Judy

Thanks, yes we will do the water taxis the day we disembark from the Island Princess. which is the 5th April . Rob & I are going then on Oasis of the Seas for 7 days, and disembark on the 13th April Saturday. Our flight to Las Vegas is not until 2.50 p.m. so what suggestions do you have for this day??????????????

I thought may be we could get a shuttle to the airport and book in our luggage for American Airlines, and then get back to town or the beach or something. Not sure if American Airlines, would be able to book our luggage in that early though.!!!!!:):) Look forward to hearing your suggestions. Cheers from Australia Rob & Judy

Royal Carribbean (and most cruise lines) has a Luggage Valet program which for $20 a person they will take your bag the night before you disembark like normal and you won't see it again until you land in Las Vegas. They also will "check you in" and deliver your boarding passes so when you get off the ship you can head straight to the beach and then take a cab to the airport when ready w/o carrying luggage all over. Very convenient service.