Sushi Bar fleet wide?

villauk

Personally, I'm very disappointed that all Bistro on Five are going to Sushi. We've enjoyed going to Bon5 every embarkation & at least a couple of times each sailing. Guess I'll have to find another spot. Not interested in paying an outrageous amount for something neither of us are all that fond of to begin with. We lived in Japan for 3 years & have never found another sushi restaurant anywhere to compare.

You won't see me at "Bait on Five" as it was called by another poster -- too much possibility of cross contamination and I'm allergic to fish. I would eat at Bistro on Five at least once a cruise, so this customer goes from once to never. Sushi was available elsewhere for those who wanted it, but now a viable embarkation day choice is gone for me. There were so many other things they could have chosen -- what about really good Greek food, as an example? Homage to the line's Greek heritage? That can be made with frozen meat, whereas sushi really ought to be made with fresh fish, so I'm told.

We did the transatlantic on the Silhouette in April. On one of the sea days, they had a Q&A session with the Captain and his senior staff. I basically asked the same question, "with all the Greeks on the ship, why don't we see more Greek food?". The answer I got, I think it was from the hotel director was "We have too many Greeks on the ship now, why would we want to attract more?" Nobody laughed louder than the Captain, who is Greek. The whole Q&A session was one big laugh fest and one of the highlights of the cruise.

Meh.

I like sushi, but that's not something that seems so terribly exotic. I'm not saying crepes are either, but it's harder for me to find a crepe-based restaurant than one that specializes in sushi and ramen. For a restaurant on land, those prices aren't crazy, but for whatever reason, a la carte pricing on a cruise feels wrong to me in a way that a flat fee doesn't.

My husband, who really dislikes fish, will not be pleased.

Sushi definition - cold boiled rice moistened with rice vinegar, usually shaped into bite-size pieces.

There doesn't have to have any sashimi (raw fish) included.

We did the transatlantic on the Silhouette in April. On one of the sea days, they had a Q&A session with the Captain and his senior staff. I basically asked the same question, "with all the Greeks on the ship, why don't we see more Greek food?". The answer I got, I think it was from the hotel director was "We have too many Greeks on the ship now, why would we want to attract more?" Nobody laughed louder than the Captain, who is Greek. The whole Q&A session was one big laugh fest and one of the highlights of the cruise.

There may be a lot of Greeks on the ship, but they are mainly officers. The cooks are generally not Greek but are mainly Asian or sub Continental, The head Chef may be from anywhere but normally not Greece.

There may be a lot of Greeks on the ship, but they are mainly officers. The cooks are generally not Greek but are mainly Asian or sub Continental, The head Chef may be from anywhere but normally not Greece.

Try something different and comment on a post based on what is said, and the context it was said in. It wasn't me who made the comment, but one of the Captain's senior staff and it was said in jest. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good dig.

Try something different and comment on a post based on what is said, and the context it was said in. It wasn't me who made the comment, but one of the Captain's senior staff and it was said in jest. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good dig.

Settle petal and lighten up. ;)

I wasn't having a go at you or at what you posted. I realise it was a quote but I was just stating my observations when on board.

We're on Connie for the 8/28/16 so will be interested to give it a try. I don't suppose it will be covered by the unlimited speciallity dining perk:(

Onboard Millennium for two weeks (B2B), just disembarked a week ago.

According to the MCC, SO5 IS included in the paid unlimited dining program, but NOT the unlimited dining for the top level suites!!!

Also no longer included free on B2B day (even for Zenith - which is a published perk) or as an option for suites on port days (since Luminae is closed).

Due to the overwhelming success of the Sushi on Five pop-up restaurant on Celebrity Reflection, the decision has been made to make that restaurant permanent, and to roll out Sushi on Five in place of Bistro on Five on the remainder of our fleet.

Implementation will roll out across the fleet as follows (dates are subject to change):

Millennium 5/12/16; Silhouette 6/7/16; Solstice 7/1/16; Infinity 7/24/16; Equinox 8/6/16; Constellation 8/28/16; Eclipse 9/17/16; Summit 10/16/16.

All Sushi On five menu items will be priced individually as opposed to a cover charge.

Darn....it'll be switched over on infinity when we sail...Losing our go to lunch spot,,, guess we'll hit the AQ spa cafe or outdoor burger bar...more often for lunch...

Wow, was there no option for a special lunch for Zeniths on that turnaround day, then? They didn't even invite you to the Concierge Class lunch in the MDR?

We were in Concierge so went to that lunch - otherwise no !!!!

I'm curious, did you discuss this with the Michael's Club Concierge by any chance? Or give feedback to Captains Club representative? Did thy offer any alternative for Zenith on turnaround day lunch?

Captains Club hostess simply said no to SO5 !!!

Wow, was there no option for a special lunch for Zeniths on that turnaround day, then? They didn't even invite you to the Concierge Class lunch in the MDR?

We were in Concierge so went to that lunch - otherwise no !!!!

Just off the Connie and they offered the lunch for all those in a Concierge cabin as well as Captain's club members that were Elite and above.:D

Due to the overwhelming success of the Sushi on Five pop-up restaurant on Celebrity Reflection, the decision has been made to make that restaurant permanent, and to roll out Sushi on Five in place of Bistro on Five on the remainder of our fleet.

Not to quibble but we have a different interpretation of what a pop-up restaurant is .

Since you are on the record , will you also comment on whether sushi will be eliminated from the buffet ?

It wasn't top grade but it was daily and not an extra charge item . We enjoyed it .

Not to quibble but we have a different interpretation of what a pop-up restaurant is .

Since you are on the record , will you also comment on whether sushi will be eliminated from the buffet ?

It wasn't top grade but it was daily and not an extra charge item . We enjoyed it .

I imagine the quality would be a bit different for the buffet compared to the new restaurant. I would also think it will no longer be available as it would be in competition with Sushi on 5.

I imagine the quality would be a bit different for the buffet compared to the new restaurant. I would also think it will no longer be available as it would be in competition with Sushi on 5.
Yeah but I want them to state it !

Groryjm, thanks for posting menu. I'm looking forward to trying it. Does the drink package work there?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It should do, as long as the drinks are within the range, it does in the other specialty restaurants.:D