Royal Princess to move to California?

cruzrbachoua

It's quite a way in the future. If Royal goes to Vancouver it would be wonderful if they scheduled something where we could board there and get off in Hawaii for a stay there. Hey! One can dream... :p

I think there's enough interest in the Royal that Princess won't have a problem filling it. She will probably do longer cruises which usually sell out.

I feel the same way that the Royal will sail full particularly on longer cruises to Hawaii & the South Pacific. Like now on the West Coast they'll probably rotate the itineraries...7 day CA Coastal, 7-10 Mexico and 15 day Hawaii with an occasional 28 day HI/SP itinerary.

That results in less availability for each itinerary to accommodate passenger desires & to better fill their ships.

It's quite a way in the future. If Royal goes to Vancouver it would be wonderful if they scheduled something where we could board there and get off in Hawaii for a stay there. Hey! One can dream... :p

I miss the 10 day Hawaii cruises where one flew either to or back, but not both, it allowed you to spend more time in Hawaii and less days at sea.

SO Excited - We are booked for the first time on the Regal in 2018, but knowing the Royal is coming out to LA in 2019 - Sign me up! That 15 minute drive to San Pedro will really suck! Not that I am tired of the Ruby - but variety is the spice of life!

I feel the same way that the Royal will sail full particularly on longer cruises to Hawaii & the South Pacific. Like now on the West Coast they'll probably rotate the itineraries...7 day CA Coastal, 7-10 Mexico and 15 day Hawaii with an occasional 28 day HI/SP itinerary.

That results in less availability for each itinerary to accommodate passenger desires & to better fill their ships.

Grand will stay in San Francisco, all season, doing the 10 day Mexico along with four or five 15 day Hawaii runs.

The fall season Mexico (before Royal arrives) will be done by the Star; then she will do more coastals, some short Cabo runs, the spring Hawaii/Tahiti 28 day, and an April Alaska RT out of LA.

Ruby will be doing mostly the 15 day Hawaii runs. Which makes four ships on the West Coast during the winter.

Plus the Coral and Island doing Panama.

Grand will stay in San Francisco, all season, doing the 10 day Mexico along with four or five 15 day Hawaii runs.

The fall season Mexico (before Royal arrives) will be done by the Star; then she will do more coastals, some short Cabo runs, the spring Hawaii/Tahiti 28 day, and an April Alaska RT out of LA.

Ruby will be doing mostly the 15 day Hawaii runs. Which makes four ships on the West Coast during the winter.

Do you know this for sure? Do you have any info on sailings to post? We are hoping for the grand to stay through fall 2019 doing the 10 day MR...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Thank you soo much for the info!.

Do you know which ship would do the 10 day caribbean cruises, on february-march?

:)Again thank you so much for the info:)

Just got off the Star's 10 day California Coastal. When it comes to port facilities in CA, from what I've seen, the Pier 27 facility in San Francisco is much nicer and much newer than San Pedro. Since we went through both facilities multiple times during port days, I have to say I much prefer the San Francisco port over San Pedro. Not only does the port building at San Pedro look like it hasn't been upgraded since the last episode of the Love Boat was filmed, there is virtually nothing in an easy walking distance form the port facility which is particularly tourist friendly. We had to purchase excursions or hire a cab to do anything in LA. San Francisco was entirely different. The moment you stepped out of the new and striking port facility you have plenty to do within walking distance, and a Muni ticket in hand you had the whole city available to you.

I can see San Pedro being a fine embarkation port, but as an excursion port it leave a lot to be desired. San Francisco might not be everyone's favorite home port, but its facilities and proximity to things to do, is so much better than San Pedro.

Cruzrbachoua- Schedule is only through April 2019. Grand doing 10 day MR through that.

Fanboy-Crown doing the 10 day southern and Eastern

Thanks. I knew it would only be through April 2019 but if it disappeared before that then I would start looking for something different. Do you have anything you can share with all the different itineraries and dates? In the past people would post a spreadsheet showing the new releases. ..presumably something their TA had and sent to them.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Cruzrbachoua- Schedule is only through April 2019. Grand doing 10 day MR through that.

Fanboy-Crown doing the 10 day southern and Eastern

Do you have any dates when The Grand is doing the 10 day MR in Mar/apr of 2019?

With the Royal making her way over to LA expect heavy traffic I-5 southbound from SFO to San Pedro.

The Grand will be left to languish....sad.

SFO ex Grand passengers enroute 2019.

IMG_6157.jpg

That had me in stitches, I was laughing so hard!!

I was so hoping she might replace the Grand in San Francisco. Guess we can't ask for too much ...after all, we have that nice new beautiful pier here ... ;)