Platinum status perks

Traderboy

We are back on Princess next March after a gap of three years.

Are the Platinum perks the same as three years ago?

We particularly liked the:

Priority boarding

Canapés in the evening

Free internet.

Do they give any priority in tender ports?

Many thanks

Edited by Traderboy
spelling

Are the Platinum perks the same as three years ago?

Priority boarding

Canapés in the evening

Free internet.

Many thanks

Did you look on the Princess website?

Priority tendering off the ship is only for Elite and Full Suite passengers.

As are "canapes" delivered to your cabin--though if you are referring to the Platinum/Elite/Suite lounge with its complimentary hors d'oeuvres and crudites each evening, that is still going strong.

As suggested above a review of the benefits is found online:

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/eliteMemberShipBenefits.page

though you must be logged in to princess.com to view that page.

Love the free Internet. Also love the word "crudites". I used it in a conversation not too long ago and got disbelieving looks when I explained what it meant. I had to actually get an online definition and pronunciation for the person before they believed me. Admittedly, the pronunciation does make it sound like something else...;p

I prefer to get information from people with actual experience.

The company information does not always give the full story!

True.

But the company information that they committed to print is what you would be using as proof should the company be failing to provide the entitled perks.

The OP asked about priority boarding, not priority tendering. Yes, there is priority boarding.

He also asked about priority in tender ports.

You will get a limited amount of free internet 150 minutes for 7 day cruise, 250 for 10 days or more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He also asked about priority in tender ports.

You will get a limited amount of free internet 150 minutes for 7 day cruise, 250 for 10 days or more.

Yes, he did also ask about priority in tender ports.

No priority for tendering.

Priority tendering off the ship is only for Elite and Full Suite passengers.

As are "canapes" delivered to your cabin--though if you are referring to the Platinum/Elite/Suite lounge with its complimentary hors d'oeuvres and crudites each evening, that is still going strong.

As suggested above a review of the benefits is found online:

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/eliteMemberShipBenefits.page

though you must be logged in to princess.com to view that page.

I'm not sure about other ships, but on our last T/A (CB Sept 2016) the Complimentary stuff was very lackluster and cost conscious. Basically all that was offered was celery, carrots, cheese, crackers, & ranch type dips. One night they did have small shrimp. In years past, there have been hot hors d'oeuvres and just a seemingly nicer setup. Others may have a different opinion but these are my personal observations.....

Bob

I didn't even think about the Platinum Lounge on our recent cruise. The last few cruises I had better snacks in our stateroom. In the good old days we looked forward to seeing what the interesting food would be offered.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When on a ship where the Platinum/Elite/Suite is in Skywalker's, it's worth going for the view. (y)

We have the Liquor Sticker (AIBP) so the special drink prices aren't a factor.

No problem with what they offer for hors d'oeuvres.

On our last cruise there were some many Platinum & Elites they did it at Club Fusion. We never went but other told us it wasn't well attended.

Are the Platinum perks the same as three years ago? YES, but you may not be remembering them correctly

Priority boarding -

SORT OF. Princess describe it as priority boarding, but you are not the FIRST priority.

You do not get access to the Priority boarding lounge which is reserved for Elite and Suite passengers.

Platinum passengers wait in the same area as all the other non-Elite / non-suite passengers, but

once they have boarded, Platinum members get to board before the masses.

Canapés in the evening -

NOT DELIVERED TO STATEROOM and, as I understand it never did. Platinum do, however, get access to the Platinum/Elite/Suite passenger reception in the early evenings when there are things to eat.

Free internet.-

YES. You get an allowance of minutes which varies with the duration of the cruise and if you are both Platinum, then you both get the allowance. You do not get charged an account set up fee.

NO - NONE AT ALL. You are treated no differently to a first time passenger, unless you are on a ship's tour.

FWIW, Suite and Elites do not now go straight to the tender area. Instead they are asked to go to the lounge where they issue tender tickets, where they are then invited to join the next group.

Many thanks

I appreciate you make the point that Princess do not advertise everything they do, but the above is the DEFINITIVE answer to your question. No if's, No but's.

Edited by Corfe Mixture
Spelling

I

I prefer to get information from people with actual experience.

The company information does not always give the full story!

You should check the website. Princess will only give you what is on their documentation. It does not good to tell them that some anonymous stranger on a website told you differently.

Love the free Internet. Also love the word "crudites". I used it in a conversation not too long ago and got disbelieving looks when I explained what it meant. I had to actually get an online definition and pronunciation for the person before they believed me. Admittedly, the pronunciation does make it sound like something else...;p

LOL. Crudites is right up there with 'crapulent'. :D

Thank you everyone who has so helpfully commented on my questions.

It is true that 250 minutes internet each is a very welcome benefit but it is not unique to Princess. Cunard have a similar scheme which operates at far lower loyalty levels than the Princess ones.

Thank you everyone who has so helpfully commented on my questions.

It is true that 250 minutes internet each is a very welcome benefit but it is not unique to Princess. Cunard have a similar scheme which operates at far lower loyalty levels than the Princess ones.

Hmmm! Not sure how you work that out.

For sure you do get two hours of Internet on Cunard after two cruises, but as I understand it, Cunard don't give you the equivalent of the Platinum deal until after you have completed SEVEN cruises.

Hmmm! Not sure how you work that out.

For sure you do get two hours of Internet on Cunard after two cruises, but as I understand it, Cunard don't give you the equivalent of the Platinum deal until after you have completed SEVEN cruises.

Cunard gives you two hours internet per cruise after only 20 days.

Princess gives two and a half but not until after 50 days or 5 cruises.

So that's at least six hours from Cunard before getting your first free minute from Princess. More than makes up for the 30 minutes extra.

And Diamond on Cunard get six hours free even on short cruises.

Yes I am aware Princess gives 100 more minutes on longer voyages. But Cunard starts their benefit one tier earlier and increases the benefit as you move up each additional tier. Most will shrug and call it a wash, but the numbers just don't back up the oft-made conclusion that Princess' benefit is "better".

Anyway, who cares really, I happily take the Princess benefits and will eventually get to Elite (whereas Diamond on Cunard won't happen unless someone buys a World Cruise for me). It just does get a bit tiresome responding to posts of "Princess is the only line with a great internet benefit" that lack any actual comparison of loyalty perks.

Yes I am aware Princess gives 100 more minutes on longer voyages.

Just for further info on this one point for other readers.

It's also yet another 250 mins for 21+ days.....a total of 500 mins per cruise segment.

The other really good thing, if doing multi segments, is that any unused minutes roll over for use on the next cruise segment.

Thanks guys for comparing the Princess and Cunard offerings on internet minutes. I did my first (long) Cunard voyage recently and we each got 135 minutes after 20 days.

This is clearly better than any of the other cruise lines!

As my original posting indicated we remembered that Princess had a whole package of useful benefits. Most of the 'benefits' on other cruise lines at lower levels seem to be fairly worthless- pins, maps, etc.etc

What do others think?