No Crown for 2017?

RetiredNTraveling

There will be no Crown for Hawaii, Samoa & Tahiti in 2017 Edition! :eek:

The Crown Princess is booked the entire month of Oct. 2017 for the NE coast with Canada & New England cruises. This leaves me to wonder which of the great Princess ships we will have for the 2017 Edition of Hawaii, Samoa & Tahiti?

Any ideas out there? :confused:

Anyone else planning on booking the 2017 Edition when it becomes available in Mid-May?

Just Mike

The Crown Princess is booked the entire month of Oct. 2017 for the NE coast with Canada & New England cruises. This leaves me to wonder which of the great Princess ships we will have for the 2017 Edition of Hawaii, Samoa & Tahiti?

Anyone else planning on booking the 2017 Edition when it becomes available in Mid-May?

Just Mike

The Crown is moving to the East Coast for 2017 and the Emerald is coming to the West Coast to join the Ruby, Grand and Star. If they do the itinerary in the fall of 2017 it could be any of those.

Just Mike

Only a guess but the Ruby has been on the West Coast less than the Crown & since they're twins the Rudy would be my guess. The Ruby is doing 2017 Alaskan cruises & may be doing your itinerary.

Just Mike

I just hope Princess doesn't drop this round trip from L.A itinerary or replace it with just one way trips to or from Australia. We did this itinerary on the Sapphire in 2012 and would like to do it again in 2017 or 2018.

I just hope Princess doesn't drop this round trip from L.A itinerary or replace it with just one way trips to or from Australia. We did this itinerary on the Sapphire in 2012 and would like to do it again in 2017 or 2018.

I too am looking forward to the late 2017 Hawaiian cruises. I won't be doing the same long one you are, but the 15 day one suites me just fine. Can't wait for the schedules to come out.

I've been worried that Princess is going to drop this cruise altogether. It's on my list. They used to do this route twice a year and now it's only once a year. I booked it for this year, but it looks like I may have to postpone. I've been wondering if there will be one next year. I would be happy with the Ruby doing the cruise.

I would love to do a westbound TP. Why waste 8 days sailing from Tahiti to LA? Timing for the Golden's TP didn't work for us and the Emerald's TP will be a eastbound when you lose an hour many nights. I have heard from people sailing the old TP from Bejing to Whittier where they were losing an hour a night for nights in a row. Crossing near the equator slows that down a bit but still I don't want to be tired on a cruise.

Emerald Princess is moving to West Coast in spring 2017, along with Ruby, Grand and Star Princess - so as mentioned above, one of those ships should do this itinerary, IMHO.

If Princess keeps on doing this itinerary with the same type of ship, I'd expect to have Emerald or Ruby on that itinerary.

Edited by celebrity_fan

I would love to do a westbound TP. Why waste 8 days sailing from Tahiti to LA? Timing for the Golden's TP didn't work for us and the Emerald's TP will be a eastbound when you lose an hour many nights. I have heard from people sailing the old TP from Bejing to Whittier where they were losing an hour a night for nights in a row. Crossing near the equator slows that down a bit but still I don't want to be tired on a cruise.

We loved the 8 sea days and heard less griping about it than we had expected. We are happily doing this cruise again this October and may do it again in 2017, if offered

The Crown is moving to the East Coast for 2017 and the Emerald is coming to the West Coast to join the Ruby, Grand and Star. If they do the itinerary in the fall of 2017 it could be any of those.

So wish Princess would do this itinerary in the Spring rather than in the Fall. :o

We loved the 8 sea days and heard less griping about it than we had expected. We are happily doing this cruise again this October and may do it again in 2017, if offered
I love sea days but after sailing so far, I would rather continue on to New Zealand and Australia and see much more in about the same amount of time.

It is a matter of how you feel about sea days and how you feel about flying. DW and I would much prefer 8 days aboard a Princess ship eating good food and being entertained to 18+ hours in an airplane eating stale pretzels and having some kid kicking the back of our seats.

For our tastes, we prefer the round trip itinerary.

It is a matter of how you feel about sea days and how you feel about flying. DW and I would much prefer 8 days aboard a Princess ship eating good food and being entertained to 18+ hours in an airplane eating stale pretzels and having some kid kicking the back of our seats.

For our tastes, we prefer the round trip itinerary.

I agree, but unfortunately, we have to fly to Auckland from LAX for our upcoming cruise. I would much rather sail than fly anywhere!

I love sea days but after sailing so far, I would rather continue on to New Zealand and Australia and see much more in about the same amount of time.

While I love NZ and Australia, one of the great things about the current South Pacific cruise is that it starts and ends in LA. Much easier flights to/from the cruise. We have flown to and/or from the far parts of the world and like a break from that.

Although the Emerald is scheduled to come back to the west coast, with the transfers of Sun Class ships to P&O, and with the aging Sun Class itself, and with the very lucrative Oceania market, something tells me the Emerald will go the way of the Diamond, Sapphire and Golden...

So it might just be the Ruby to do Tahiti, leaving the Grand and Star for the HI and Mexico runs.

I've been worried that Princess is going to drop this cruise altogether. It's on my list. They used to do this route twice a year and now it's only once a year. I booked it for this year, but it looks like I may have to postpone. I've been wondering if there will be one next year. I would be happy with the Ruby doing the cruise.

You and me both! This has been on my bucket list for a few years. We have finally decided to book this for 2017 and have been waiting until Spring when bookings open up. We will go on ANY ship if they will keep this itinerary.:eek:

We are booked currently for the 28 day RT this year but we are also booked for a 25 day one way from LA to Sydney in 2017. The problem with that one is that it is only 25 days. Also, it is winter in Australia and NZ. The ports are mostly the same except Kauai is dropped and something else I think. It adds Auckland and Bay of Islands and then docks in Sydney. For us living on the east coast it is a verrrrry long flight home. To break it up would be a few long flights with extra costs of staying in a hotel in Hawaii. I hear New Zealand has gorgeous scenery but being winter we won't be able to see most of it. Currently the cruise price is several thousand dollars more for this TP cruise (no sales on cruises that far out) that is 3 days shorter than the 28 day I booked about 7 months after it came out and only a couple of cabins left in my category.

So basically on the TP you don't really see much more. I wish they did a little bit longer TP from LA during the winter months here in the US so by the time we got to Australia and NZ it was summer and we could stay for a bit and sight see.

In October 2009 we sailed an e/b TA on the Star from Sydney to LA which was great...NZ, Fiji, Samoa, French Polynesia & Hawaii...and having only one long flight to Sydney & driving home from the Port of LA.

I don't recall losing hours was a major issue & we even had the same date twice after crossing the International Dateline! :)

About 10% of the passengers began in SF sailing to Sydney before sailing to LA. We talked to several Canadians who took the train to SF & back from LA and never had to get on an airplane during their 60 day cruise.

It seems like there is a growing interest in the 2017 Edition!

We had such an active group on the 2015 H, S & T cruise! I hope we end up with another active Roll Call! WOW that was sooooo active. Over 8,871 active posts by the time the Crown Princess sailed.

Unfortunately my DW & I missed the ship due to circumstances beyond our control!

PF-pension-cartoon_1642610c.jpg

So we are trying it again!

Just Mike

Unfortunately it is my understanding that the 28 day Hawaii, Samoa, Tahiti r/t LA is not being scheduled by Princess for 2017 on any ship. This info is directly from Princess customer service. Very disappointed as we were planning to book that cruise. 2016 is set for the Crown in October.

Unfortunately it is my understanding that the 28 day Hawaii, Samoa, Tahiti r/t LA is not being scheduled by Princess for 2017 on any ship. This info is directly from Princess customer service. Very disappointed as we were planning to book that cruise. 2016 is set for the Crown in October.

How do you know that? Did you speak directly with Jan Swartz?

The Hawaii, Tahiti itineraries won't be out until March or April, so, again, how do you know? I'd be really surprised if this wasn't offered in 2017... the Ruby would very likely be the ship going.

Not to be disrespectful, but I find Princess customer service to be clueless on what is going on 9 out of 10 times!:eek: I am hoping this is another one!