Coffee Makers

Last time I was on the Allure (2years ago) there was a drip coffee maker in our suite. Does anyone one know if suites still have drip coffee makers or have they been replaced with Keurig type machines. For our upcoming cruise, I want to bring extra coffee and need to know what type to bring. Thanks.

What?

Do suites have their own coffee maker? That's exciting news to me. Is this all suites above JS?

Traveling in my first full suite in 2 months so any info is great. How about a tea kettle?

I just thought it was great I had access to the lounge to grab a cup of coffee or tea anytime.

(not too excited to try the Suite Life am I?)

I have only been in the Aqua Theater Suite. Love, love love the location and the wrap around aft deck. Huge. Booked the same exact suite for our up coming, August 30 Med. Cruise. So I don't know if all the suites have a coffe maker. Would make sense that they would all be the same. Don't know about tea kettle. Couldn't you just run water through coffee maker without the coffee. Showing my ignorance here about making a proper cup of tea.

Still need to know if during dry dock were the coffee makers removed, replaced, or maybe upgraded to a keurig?

Junior Suites and above rooms should have the one cup coffee maker and a kettle.

This is according to the web site listing the amenities.

And we have had this in every Junior Suite and Suite that we have stayed in on our cruises.

Enjoy!

Yes there's a one-cup, drip coffee maker and a tea kettle, BUT the coffee filter pads they provide are huge, more for multiple cups, making that one cup very strong. For our upcoming cruise, I think I'm going to pack those Folger's bags - just like a tea bag. My husband's the coffee drinker and I only drink tea.

The tea kettle works great! On my last couple of cruises I've brought my own tea bags. Really enjoy being able to make a nice, hot cup of tea to enjoy on the balcony.

SonicShip thanks for the photo and everyone else for the info. From the picture, it looks like this is a smaller coffee maker than we had last time. I think the other one was like a 4 cup. Good to know though, as I wanted to bring my own coffee paks and needed to know the size.

What?

Do suites have their own coffee maker? That's exciting news to me. Is this all suites above JS?

Traveling in my first full suite in 2 months so any info is great. How about a tea kettle?

I just thought it was great I had access to the lounge to grab a cup of coffee or tea anytime.

(not too excited to try the Suite Life am I?)

even JS have them.

IIRC it's a pod, but not a Keurig pod. kind of like a glorified tea bag. there is a separate Kettle to boil water for tea and hot cocoa( supplied but you can always liberate some from the CL or the Buffet for extra)

Yes there's a one-cup, drip coffee maker and a tea kettle, BUT the coffee filter pads they provide are huge, more for multiple cups, making that one cup very strong. For our upcoming cruise, I think I'm going to pack those Folger's bags - just like a tea bag. My husband's the coffee drinker and I only drink tea.

The tea kettle works great! On my last couple of cruises I've brought my own tea bags. Really enjoy being able to make a nice, hot cup of tea to enjoy on the balcony.

heheh as far as hubster is concerned that pod designed for 4 cups is just barely strong enough for one.

We, too, see them as too weak for the coffee- the old Seattle's Best suppliers made much better coffee- for us.

The other issue with the makers- they are getting old, and the build up of stuff in them means that we have not found any that make a complete cup at once. So what I did was bring my old one cup drip thing, and use it and the kettle for coffee.

So far, no Keurig machines in any cabins, AFAIK.
I wish, we tried the coffee Only Once, threw it out- it was SO strong, it was enough for 2 cups. I like Starbucks but that was bad.

Put the machine away now and never use it. The coffee bags are just too strong for 1 cup for us. Hilton Hotels have a great 2 cup machine and small coffee bags for each cup. Great little machine.

Edited by CVU

I will be carrying my own coffee for the coffee maker. Just needed to know the size. Great information here. Isn't it nice to have a forum where you can ask a question about a small detail and within hours receive pretty current information. Wonderful.:)

Why make anything!!!!!!!!! Just have room service deliver what & how much you need for a small tip. You are on vacation.

Hubby gets up at 4 am to work out and no way is he going to pay the service charge for a pot of coffee let alone wait the 20-30 minutes when he can have it in 5

Why make anything!!!!!!!!! Just have room service deliver what & how much you need for a small tip. You are on vacation.

We've always done that in the past, but for tea, it's nice to have water that's boiling. And we still order room service every morning. It's just so nice to have that first cup while waiting for the food to get there.

Edited by jules815

I will be carrying my own coffee for the coffee maker. Just needed to know the size. Great information here. Isn't it nice to have a forum where you can ask a question about a small detail and within hours receive pretty current information. Wonderful.:)

If you have ever stayed in a hotel with a one cup coffee maker the size coffee pod they give you works perfectly. Some are small and round and some are small and square, either one works great. When I stay in a hotel I always save the pods I don't use and when cruise time comes I have some for the coffee maker.

If you have ever stayed in a hotel with a one cup coffee maker the size coffee pod they give you works perfectly. Some are small and round and some are small and square, either one works great. When I stay in a hotel I always save the pods I don't use and when cruise time comes I have some for the coffee maker.

I know exactly the type your talking about. I've been trying to find something that size at our local grocery stores, but have only been able to find the larger Maxwell House pods that would be more for a whole pot, or the Folgers, which are like a tea bag.

I really like the coffee in the suites, so I brought a few home with me. The diameter is 4.5 inches.

Hope this helps.

I will be taking my own Melitta one-cup coffee pods this time around in our Suite on Oais. The pods they provide are too big and too strong. The hubby drinks a lot of coffee, and these little Melitta I found are delicious.

I will be taking my own Melitta one-cup coffee pods this time around in our Suite on Oais. The pods they provide are too big and too strong. The hubby drinks a lot of coffee, and these little Melitta I found are delicious.

I just did a search on these pods. It says they're for a Senseo or Hamilton Beach systems. Are they just a small version of the large bags that RC provides? They look like they'd be perfect.

Edited by jules815