Coffee Makers

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

North Carolina
235 Posts
Joined Jun 2014
Last time I was on the Allure (2years ago) there was a drip coffee maker in our suite. Does anyone one know if suites still have drip coffee makers or have they been replaced with Keurig type machines. For our upcoming cruise, I want to bring extra coffee and need to know what type to bring. Thanks.
Horsham,Pa
499 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
What?
Do suites have their own coffee maker? That's exciting news to me. Is this all suites above JS?
Traveling in my first full suite in 2 months so any info is great. How about a tea kettle?
I just thought it was great I had access to the lounge to grab a cup of coffee or tea anytime.
(not too excited to try the Suite Life am I?)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

~~
Carnival Magic January 2017
RCCL Radiance to Hawaii September 2016
RCCL Brilliance Jan, 2016
RCCL Adventure of the Seas, Oct 2015
Caribbean Princess, b2b, Oct 2014
Carnival Splendor, March 2014
HAL Westerdam, into Alaska May 2013
RCCL Explorer, oct 2012 into Frankenstorm Sandy
RCCL Liberty, Feb 2012
Celebrity Solstice, March 2011
RCCL Adventure of the Seas, March 2010
Carnival, Sensation July,2009
RCCL Grandueur April, 2009
RCCL Liberty Oct, 2008
North Carolina
235 Posts
Joined Jun 2014
I have only been in the Aqua Theater Suite. Love, love love the location and the wrap around aft deck. Huge. Booked the same exact suite for our up coming, August 30 Med. Cruise. So I don't know if all the suites have a coffe maker. Would make sense that they would all be the same. Don't know about tea kettle. Couldn't you just run water through coffee maker without the coffee. Showing my ignorance here about making a proper cup of tea.

Still need to know if during dry dock were the coffee makers removed, replaced, or maybe upgraded to a keurig?
Virginia
10,595 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
Junior Suites and above rooms should have the one cup coffee maker and a kettle.

This is according to the web site listing the amenities.

And we have had this in every Junior Suite and Suite that we have stayed in on our cruises.

Enjoy!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past cruises: 26 total

Royal Carribbean, Carnival, Princess and Holland America

PLUS!
Crown and Anchor Diamond Plus Member

Chicagoland
6,934 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
Yes there's a one-cup, drip coffee maker and a tea kettle, BUT the coffee filter pads they provide are huge, more for multiple cups, making that one cup very strong. For our upcoming cruise, I think I'm going to pack those Folger's bags - just like a tea bag. My husband's the coffee drinker and I only drink tea.

The tea kettle works great! On my last couple of cruises I've brought my own tea bags. Really enjoy being able to make a nice, hot cup of tea to enjoy on the balcony.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Mariner of the Seas 2006 (Eastern Caribbean)
Mariner of the Seas 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Mariner of the Seas 2008 (Eastern Caribbean)
Mariner of the Seas 2009 (Mexican Riviera)
Carnival Destiny 2010 (Key West & Cozumel Girls' Cruise!)
Carnival Dream 2010 (Western)
Carnival Dream 2012 (Hurricane Sandy!!)
Freedom of the Seas B2B 2014
Brilliance of the Seas 2015
Liberty of the Seas 2015
Freedom of the Seas B2B 2015
Celebrity Constellation 2016
Harmony of the Seas Transatlantic 2016 (Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale)

Celebrity Reflection 2017 (Eastern Caribbean)
North Carolina
235 Posts
Joined Jun 2014
SonicShip thanks for the photo and everyone else for the info. From the picture, it looks like this is a smaller coffee maker than we had last time. I think the other one was like a 4 cup. Good to know though, as I wanted to bring my own coffee paks and needed to know the size.
Palm Springs, Calif
40,495 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
We noticed our coffee maker on the Radiance only made a cup at a time not a full pot, so never used it. We were up early enough if we wished coffee, we went to the side room off the WJ to get coffee if it hadn't opened yet.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email: GLea472968 at aol dot com
Alternate : [email protected] dot between the Lea&gaye

NEW SERENADE TA https://1drv.ms/x/s!AvfqBeEKG865gSLc4oyX_QOrtc3T

OASIS ROLL CALLS https://1drv.ms/x/s!AvfqBeEKG865gSu7t7VVj8k3h1jG

Pepsicola FL
9,980 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by wants2cruise2
What?
Do suites have their own coffee maker? That's exciting news to me. Is this all suites above JS?
Traveling in my first full suite in 2 months so any info is great. How about a tea kettle?
I just thought it was great I had access to the lounge to grab a cup of coffee or tea anytime.
(not too excited to try the Suite Life am I?)
even JS have them.

IIRC it's a pod, but not a Keurig pod. kind of like a glorified tea bag. there is a separate Kettle to boil water for tea and hot cocoa( supplied but you can always liberate some from the CL or the Buffet for extra)
Pepsicola FL
9,980 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by jules815
Yes there's a one-cup, drip coffee maker and a tea kettle, BUT the coffee filter pads they provide are huge, more for multiple cups, making that one cup very strong. For our upcoming cruise, I think I'm going to pack those Folger's bags - just like a tea bag. My husband's the coffee drinker and I only drink tea.

The tea kettle works great! On my last couple of cruises I've brought my own tea bags. Really enjoy being able to make a nice, hot cup of tea to enjoy on the balcony.
heheh as far as hubster is concerned that pod designed for 4 cups is just barely strong enough for one.
A2, MI
2,638 Posts
Joined May 2012
Originally posted by jules815

We, too, see them as too weak for the coffee- the old Seattle's Best suppliers made much better coffee- for us.

The other issue with the makers- they are getting old, and the build up of stuff in them means that we have not found any that make a complete cup at once. So what I did was bring my old one cup drip thing, and use it and the kettle for coffee.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"quite a few" Cruises so far, all on Royal Caribbean. Yea, we are loyal to Royal...

Our first was on the Monarch, and we were on her last RCCL...

More to come. Being cruise nerds is fun.
249 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
When you sail out of the UK all cabins have kettles. It is a great perk being able to have a cup of tea or coffee at any time. I don't know why they don't have them on all ships.
BC. Canada
12,147 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
Originally posted by Merion_Mom
So far, no Keurig machines in any cabins, AFAIK.
I wish, we tried the coffee Only Once, threw it out- it was SO strong, it was enough for 2 cups. I like Starbucks but that was bad.
Put the machine away now and never use it. The coffee bags are just too strong for 1 cup for us. Hilton Hotels have a great 2 cup machine and small coffee bags for each cup. Great little machine.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
PINNACLE CLUB
North Carolina
235 Posts
Joined Jun 2014
I will be carrying my own coffee for the coffee maker. Just needed to know the size. Great information here. Isn't it nice to have a forum where you can ask a question about a small detail and within hours receive pretty current information. Wonderful.
North Carolina
235 Posts
Joined Jun 2014
Well, with the huge wrap around balcony we frequently do room service. Love it. Sometimes though we like a quick cup first thing in morning while waiting for room service.
Pepsicola FL
9,980 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by hoffyhof
Why make anything!!!!!!!!! Just have room service deliver what & how much you need for a small tip. You are on vacation.

Hubby gets up at 4 am to work out and no way is he going to pay the service charge for a pot of coffee let alone wait the 20-30 minutes when he can have it in 5
Chicagoland
6,934 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
Originally posted by hoffyhof
Why make anything!!!!!!!!! Just have room service deliver what & how much you need for a small tip. You are on vacation.

We've always done that in the past, but for tea, it's nice to have water that's boiling. And we still order room service every morning. It's just so nice to have that first cup while waiting for the food to get there.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Mariner of the Seas 2006 (Eastern Caribbean)
Mariner of the Seas 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Mariner of the Seas 2008 (Eastern Caribbean)
Mariner of the Seas 2009 (Mexican Riviera)
Carnival Destiny 2010 (Key West & Cozumel Girls' Cruise!)
Carnival Dream 2010 (Western)
Carnival Dream 2012 (Hurricane Sandy!!)
Freedom of the Seas B2B 2014
Brilliance of the Seas 2015
Liberty of the Seas 2015
Freedom of the Seas B2B 2015
Celebrity Constellation 2016
Harmony of the Seas Transatlantic 2016 (Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale)

Celebrity Reflection 2017 (Eastern Caribbean)
Virginia
10,595 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
Originally posted by suite dreams
I will be carrying my own coffee for the coffee maker. Just needed to know the size. Great information here. Isn't it nice to have a forum where you can ask a question about a small detail and within hours receive pretty current information. Wonderful.

If you have ever stayed in a hotel with a one cup coffee maker the size coffee pod they give you works perfectly. Some are small and round and some are small and square, either one works great. When I stay in a hotel I always save the pods I don't use and when cruise time comes I have some for the coffee maker.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past cruises: 26 total

Royal Carribbean, Carnival, Princess and Holland America

PLUS!
Crown and Anchor Diamond Plus Member