Problems with EZ Check

Meena

While onboard the Regal first week in Feb, I was surprised to see Princess offered EZ check upon leaving. It was tempting, but I had doubts I would never see my luggage again. Has anyone tried this or has anyone experienced not seeing your luggage when you arrived at the airport. I'm considering this for true next cruise based on your responses. Also, do you think it matters what airline you fly?? Thanks.

We used this on our last cruise...waaaay back in 2008. We cruised out of seattle. On returning we thought what the heck..lets try it? The fee seemed reasonable. Upon landing at LAX our luggage was no where to be found. It never left the cruise terminal. IT was totally stressful trying to find it, find out who was responsible etc.

But, my story has a happy ending. Our luggage was hand delivered to our door a day or so later. '

Even through all of this, I would not hesitate using this service again. I think our experience was a fluke, and princess was totally helpful in dealing with this.

In fact, our next cruise is next thanksgiving (with kids) and we will probably take advantage of this service.

We used EZ check a few weeks ago on the Royal. It was great! We did not have to worry about our luggage until claiming it at our home airport. We did not have to deal with the crowds searching for luggage before going through customs nor checking the bags in at the airport. It was well worth the $20 per person fee.

We've used it with no problems whatsoever, it's a great service. We were disappointed on our last cruise tho, the 2nd half of a b2b, which was only a 5 day sailing and we were told no EZ Check on less than 7 day. So we had to schlep our bags ourselves. And yes, it does matter which airline you fly, not all of them participate.

While onboard the Regal first week in Feb, I was surprised to see Princess offered EZ check upon leaving. It was tempting, but I had doubts I would never see my luggage again. Has anyone tried this or has anyone experienced not seeing your luggage when you arrived at the airport. I'm considering this for true next cruise based on your responses. Also, do you think it matters what airline you fly?? Thanks.

I have never heard of a problem since it was instituted.

Mike:)

I was on your cruise and used EZ check. No problems. It is not the first time I have used it either. The only problem I have had is one time they lost my application and I didn't know I wasn't going to get it until after 10pm on the night prior to my disembarkation. That was one time out of many flawless experiences.

we used it just this week from the Royal. It was $20 per bag, plus the airline baggage fees.

What really sold us was two things.

One, the overweight fees would be waived. And since we were doing the Ultimate Ships Tour we knew our bags would be heavier than when we came (not to mention the added shopping we did at Sawgrass prior to the cruise).

Second, our flight was not until around 3 pm and we didn't want to wait at the airport. So we just walked with our carry on to 17th street, had a meal and met up with friends at Starbucks. Then took a taxi to the airport.

Feel just as confident that our bags would arrive with EZ Check as they would with any airline.

we used it just this week from the Royal. It was $20 per bag, plus the airline baggage fees.

What really sold us was two things.

One, the overweight fees would be waived. And since we were doing the Ultimate Ships Tour we knew our bags would be heavier than when we came (not to mention the added shopping we did at Sawgrass prior to the cruise).

Second, our flight was not until around 3 pm and we didn't want to wait at the airport. So we just walked with our carry on to 17th street, had a meal and met up with friends at Starbucks. Then took a taxi to the airport.

Feel just as confident that our bags would arrive with EZ Check as they would with any airline.

:eek: The fee is only $20 per person not $20 per bag.

Check to make sure you were not charged any more than that.

Mike:)

Love EZ check and we use it any time it is offered and will use it again this spring. So convenient not to deal with heavy bags until we get to our home airport. Paperwork is very simple, but you do sign up when you receive disembarkation instructions and sometimes even before that. You will get a note in your cabin.

We used it in 2012 in Fort Lauderdale when we had a late afternoon flight. It was well worth the $20 fee per person (no bag charge for first bag on Jet Blue). Our alternatives would have been to schlep our luggage around Fort Lauderdale or spend lots and lots of time in the airport.

We're interested in trying it, but how does it work? Do you fill out paperwork and then Princess provides you with luggage tags to put on your bags before you put them out that last night?

Thank you for your help - would love to avoid hauling luggage after our FLL cruise!

We're interested in trying it, but how does it work? Do you fill out paperwork and then Princess provides you with luggage tags to put on your bags before you put them out that last night?

Yes.

You will get the form to sign up early in the cruise. Return it ASAP to the designated Desk. You may need to show them your flight confirmation.

When you disembarkation labels arrive, they will be for this service.

You should also get the last evening your flight boarding passes.

Remember that not all airlines participate and at FLL the flights cannot be before 11:30 AM.

scan0019_zpsb3f5dadb.jpg

scan0020_zps964c494a.jpg

Thank you for your help - would love to avoid hauling luggage after our FLL cruise!

I wrote about it in my blog and copied the form that they sent to our cabin for it. Here is what was told to us in the form.

Here is the form.

Do you want to avoid collecting your baggage on the pier and bypass check-in at the airport?

In partnership with Bags Inc Shipboard Airline Check-In Service. Expedite your departure from Fort Lauderdale or Miami Airport following your cruise as you will no longer need to check in at the airport.

For a nominal fee of $20 (plus any baggage fees as imposed by your airline of departure), your boarding passes will be issued onboard during the last evening of the cruise and in Port Everglades your luggage will be transported directly to the aircraft.

Requirements to participate in this service:

Flights must be with a participating Airline. The connection flight can be operated with a different airline as long as the reservation is on the same record locator number.

All flights must depart after 11:30 am from FLL airport or 2:00 pm from MIA airport with no flights departing later than midnight on the day of our arrival.

Service fee listed below. And additional airline baggage fees (as determined by the Airlines), will also be charge to your shipboard account.

EZ Check Fee is $20.

Participating Airlines: American Airlines, bag 1 $25 bag 2 $35; Delta Airlines – Domestic Flights, bag 1 $25 bag 2 $35; Jet Blue (FLL airport only) bag 1 no charge, bag 2 $50; United Airlines bag 1 $25, bag 2 $35; US Airways bag 1 $25, bag 2 $35; Southwest Airlines (FLL airport only) bag 1 and 2 no charge.

Benefits of this service:

Your luggage will be checked in direct to your flight

You will not need to check in at the airport as you will already have been issued your airline boarding passes and airline luggage tags on the ship, proceed directly to security.

If your flight departs late and you wish to explore Port Everglades or Miami, you can do so without the worry of carrying your bags.

No airline Overweight baggage fees if you participate onboard only.

If you meet all of the above requirements:

Complete the registration information on the reverse of this form.

Please be aware that this service is provided by the airline listed above and on occasions, they may experience difficulties in processing some passenger’s airline records preventing the ability to print boarding passes and luggage tags on board. In these cases, it will be necessary for passengers to check-in person at the airport. Should this situation arise you will be notified as soon as possible. You should also be aware that upon arrival in our disembarkation port, Customs may choose to examine your luggage, which will be done in your presence.

Edited by vickie_bernie

On getting the boarding pass will that cover both people in a group if only one bag is checked? Or if two bags are checked under one person's name? Looks like checking two bags under one fee would be better than two people checking one bag each.

One word of caution if flying Delta out of FLL and using EZCheck...

The form says you are checked in for your flight, and I did indeed get a notice saying I was checked in, HOWever...when I got to the Delta SkyClub at the airport, the agent checked my reservation and there was NO checkin. He said I would have lost my seat if I had not checked in 30 mins before the flight. The take away is...always double check everything. Other than that, the baggage service was terrific.

On getting the boarding pass will that cover both people in a group if only one bag is checked? Or if two bags are checked under one person's name? Looks like checking two bags under one fee would be better than two people checking one bag each.

If both people paid the $20 fee, then both will get boarding passes. Does not matter if any baggage was checked.