Anthem..unresponsive cruise company.

BUgrad

Yes the ship is beautiful and the entertainment good, but it is not what we signed up for. We missed one day of our cruise and were rerouted to an intinerary we had no desire to go on. So what did RCCL offer? A $300 shipboard credit does not even cover the cost of the one day we missed. What about going to one less port? What about taking the majority of passengers to ports that they had been multiple times and had no desire to go to again?

If they were smart they would have offered those onboard a sizable discount on a Western Carib itinerary.

We are using the credit to go to the speciality restaurants. The food in the complimentary restaurants is not very good. They also list Devine Decadance as a restaurant. The Solarium Bistro which replaces it does not offer the same menu as on other ships. The food there is horrific.

There are many dissatisfied cruisers on this ship, many who will choose other lines in the future.

There are glass-half-full people in this world and there are glass-half-empty people.

I am having a great time.

I think that dinner in the Solarium Bistro (Devinly Decadence R.I.P. ;) ) is delicious. Mmmmmmm.......moussaka! Baklava!

I have far more reason than you do to complain about the ports, but I am not. I understand the exigencies of last minute changes. (I am B2B and these are the identical ports that we just did!)

If you paid more than $150 pp per day in your cabin, then yes, you were not made whole by the $300 OBC, and that is a legitimate gripe. (That would mean having paid more than $3600 for your cruise, if you are two in the cabin) We did not pay nearly that much, so we are fine. :)

Sometimes (like maybe by Day 8 of your cruise?!?!?!) you just need to Let It Go.

:)

Yes the ship is beautiful and the entertainment good, but it is not what we signed up for. We missed one day of our cruise and were rerouted to an intinerary we had no desire to go on. So what did RCCL offer? A $300 shipboard credit does not even cover the cost of the one day we missed. What about going to one less port? What about taking the majority of passengers to ports that they had been multiple times and had no desire to go to again?

If they were smart they would have offered those onboard a sizable discount on a Western Carib itinerary.

We are using the credit to go to the speciality restaurants. The food in the complimentary restaurants is not very good. They also list Devine Decadance as a restaurant. The Solarium Bistro which replaces it does not offer the same menu as on other ships. The food there is horrific.

There are many dissatisfied cruisers on this ship, many who will choose other lines in the future.

I felt bad that you got a different itinerary, however you sign the contract. It in the contract saying they have the right to switch port. The main ides of being on the ship is cruising not port. In my first cruised , i got screwed three times but i was ok with it.

What port did you miss?

The entire itinerary was changed from western to eastern. Only Labadee remains from the original schedule.

BUgrad was suggesting that we could have done the original itinerary by dropping some stop(s). Abe (CD) has explained why that wasn't done.

I understand where you are coming from, we had a cruise go in an entirely different direction than what we booked.

Ports may be skipped in the interest of safety. It could happen on any cruise line, so not worth jumping lines because of that. However, are you saying they actually came back a day early? Any reason given?

The rest of the experience is more what you make of it. If I paid for dinner in a specialty restaurant and didn't like it I would be taking it up with them right then and there though and getting a refund.

... I think that dinner in the Solarium Bistro (Devinly Decadence R.I.P. ;) ) is delicious. Mmmmmmm.......moussaka! Baklava!...

If you get a chance, I'd love to see a menu. Sounds excellent.:)

I understand where you are coming from, we had a cruise go in an entirely different direction than what we booked.

Ports may be skipped in the interest of safety. It could happen on any cruise line, so not worth jumping lines because of that. However, are you saying they actually came back a day early? Any reason given?

The rest of the experience is more what you make of it. If I paid for dinner in a specialty restaurant and didn't like it I would be taking it up with them right then and there though and getting a refund.

They left a day late due to the east coast blizzard.

There are glass-half-full people in this world and there are glass-half-empty people.

I think that dinner in the Solarium Bistro (Devinly Decadence R.I.P. ;) ) is delicious. Mmmmmmm.......moussaka! Baklava!

I was in there on embarkation day for lunch, the food is good. I had the roasted chicken but it was overly salted. I ask my dad for his opinion and he said it good. However, i ate the skin and he didnt so all i had to do was peeled the skin off enjoyed the rest of the chicken with a smile on my face.

The food on the ship is good but there some hit and miss. It the exact same thing you do on land. You need to know where your hit and miss and try other on the menu.

I have far more reason than you do to complain about the ports, but I am not. I understand the exigencies of last minute changes. (I am B2B and these are the identical ports that we just did!)

If you paid more than $150 pp per day in your cabin, then yes, you were not made whole by the $300 OBC, and that is a legitimate gripe. (That would mean having paid more than $3600 for your cruise, if you are two in the cabin) We did not pay nearly that much, so we are fine. :)

Sometimes (like maybe by Day 8 of your cruise?!?!?!) you just need to Let It Go.

I hope the OP finds a way to enjoy the 'cruise they are on' regardless of the circumstances, considering that Royal never really wants to have to change itineraries for any reason....but Mother Nature had other plans in store for the NE.

In life, when given lemons you have a choice -- suck on them and have a sour taste in your mouth or turn them into lemonade.....like you, many people choose the latter -- and so much better for them.

If it was me, I would feel the same....life is just too short for any other POV.

To BUgrad -- life is short, enjoy every moment you have, wherever you are and under whatever circumstance you are there.....you never know what will happen next. No one should choose a different cruise line, simply because of the itinerary change -- because that possibility exists when you go on ANY cruise line.

The cruise line wasn't unresponsive, you just seem to disagree with their response. What really do you believe the cruise line should have offered -- some sort of discount on a future cruise? Why?

They gave you an OBC on the cruise that had the change in plans....seems much more fair to me.

Edited by Paulette3028

The cruise line wasn't unresponsive, you just seem to disagree with their response. What really do you believe the cruise line should have offered -- some sort of discount on a future cruise? Why?

They gave you an OBC on the cruise that had the change in plans....seems much more fair to me.

I think getting OBC was the way to go in regards to being fair. Most people complain that they get a FCC over OBC as they swear that they will never sail again and never get to use it. At least with OBC you can enjoy it today instead of later so you can turn those lemons in lemonade ASAP.

We all know in the contract that ports and itineraries can change so it is no surprise. Throw in the big snow storm it is amazing things went as well as they did. So long as the OBC is comparable to the rate of the cabin price I don't see anything wrong.

Edited by A&L_Ont

You selected a cruise as your vacation and you have to understand their may be unexpected happenings that would alter your vacation, unlike going to a hotel/resort that doesn't move. Secondly, your cruise started in the Northeast in the dead of winter. RC can't control the weather and they did their best to accommodate.

Perhaps the $300 wasn't that great, but at least you got something. They don't really HAVE to give you anything.

I respect your comments but I don't like reading sweeping generalizations like "majority of passengers went to those ports" and "many were dissatisfied." Speak for yourself, not for all, in future posts.

Did you read your cruise contract? All the other cruise lines use the same verbage so good luck.

Would you prefer a little cheese with that whine....:D

Shouldn't Royal also be refunding port charges for ports missed and pro-rating down bev and internet packages and prepaid grats to reflect one less day?

People, there is no need to ridicule the OP for his views. You can disagree agreeably.

We have been refunded one day's prepaid gratuities. If you didn't prepay, you are only paying for the days on board.

Port fees WILL be refunded IF they are lower for St Kitts, St Thomas, St Martin, San Juan and Labadee than they are for Falmouth, Costa Maya, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Roatan and Labadee.

If the new ports have HIGHER fees, we will NOT be charged extra.

Shouldn't Royal also be refunding port charges for ports missed and pro-rating down bev and internet packages and prepaid grats to reflect one less day?

Sorry. Forgot to respond to all of your post.

If anyone prepaid for ANYTHING, like internet package or drink package, those have been refunded for the one missed day.

Royal Caribbean is neither stupid nor heartless. Those refunds were automatic and posted without request.

Everyone that I speak with is smiling and happy, regardless of how they felt at 4 P.M. on Tuesday, January 26.

;)

But you did get what you signed up for. In purchasing this cruise, you agreed to the cruise contract, which states that the itinerary may be changed for any reason.

All the cruiseline owes you is the difference in port charges (if there was a difference in cost). So, the OBC you received was more than they needed to give you.

Every cruiseline has the same cruise contract, and what happened on your cruise is industry standard across all mainstream cruiselines, so you will be disappointed if you expect a difference outcome elsewhere.

You selected a cruise as your vacation and you have to understand their may be unexpected happenings that would alter your vacation, unlike going to a hotel/resort that doesn't move. Secondly, your cruise started in the Northeast in the dead of winter. RC can't control the weather and they did their best to accommodate.

Perhaps the $300 wasn't that great, but at least you got something. They don't really HAVE to give you anything.

I respect your comments but I don't like reading sweeping generalizations like "majority of passengers went to those ports" and "many were dissatisfied." Speak for yourself, not for all, in future posts.

I agree here. Well said.

Guest maddycat
People, there is no need to ridicule the OP for his views. You can disagree agreeably.

We have been refunded one day's prepaid gratuities. If you didn't prepay, you are only paying for the days on board.

Port fees WILL be refunded IF they are lower for St Kitts, St Thomas, St Martin, San Juan and Labadee than they are for Falmouth, Costa Maya, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Roatan and Labadee.

If the new ports have HIGHER fees, we will NOT be charged extra.

From your post, I see that RCI is once again going to Labadee. Good to know.

Just the right attitude Carol! :D

Edited by Arzeena

Hear you. But its time to move on and enjoy what ever is left of your cruise.

Edited by Arzeena

$43.35 per person credit appeared on SeaPass account this evening. (Port fees refund)