Are you considering other cruise lines

are you considering switching cruise lines  

406 members have voted

1. 1. are you considering switching cruise lines

• yes, are considering other lines
    • have already made the switch
    • no, would never change
    • switched and came back to Carnival

Are you dissatisfied enough with past experiences, cutbacks, etc to consider switching to another cruise line? We are.

But not because we are unhappy with Carnival. On the contrary, we have always had a great time when we have sailed with Carnival-though we've only done three cruises. Great service, happy with our room, good food, nice people, etc, etc.

But we are always on the lookout for something different, and RCCL's Allure looks amazing. The size of the ship is actually one thing we can't wait to see.

But we are also checking out Disney, Celebrity and Cunard-why not try new things?

Are you dissatisfied enough with past experiences, cutbacks, etc to consider switching to another cruise line? We are.

Understand. We have not had a bad past experience in 24 Carnival cruises. Cutbacks are not enough for us to leave.

Already started that a while back and after seeing the "entertainment" on The Breeze, we'll continue. We will cruise with CCL again, for possible itinerary, but know we'll be getting just the budget basics.

Not for us at the moment, I feel for the prices we been paying we are getting what we expect and a little more. If other cruise lines were near same prices and we were able to drive same distance to ports we might venture out. But would still return to CCL as we have had nothing but good times to date.

Look at my signature. I am loyal to no one and never get this loyalty to one cruiseline business.

I am not unhappy with Carnival and will continue with Carnival, but I like to change it up. I was doing 6 to 8 cruises a year, most of which were carnival and seeing the same love and marriage show got old. I knew the menu almost by heart. .. and on and on. So, I think for variety its nice to change it up and treat myself to another line now and again.

But I always come back to Carnival .. I do have a friend taking her neice out of Galveston trying Carnival for the first time this summer. They are celebrating her graduation and aunt said she would take her on a cruise and they wanted belize and roatan out of Galveston. Magic is the only ship lol. She was a little worried about Carnival after all the Triumph fiasco .. she has been on HAL to Alaska and they did NCL around Hawaii so far. They loved the food on HAL.

We are also looking into other lines. Not that we'd never return to Carnival; we like Carnival very much. When we first started cruising, it was a different experience than it is now. We used to choose Carnival because of their fantastic military discount and overall value. The last 4 cruises I've taken with Carnival have been due to the proximity of the port as we moved about halfway between New Orleans and Mobile (when Mobile was still a port) and the length of the cruise - have been taking shorter, more "weekend getaway" type of cruises and over these last few trips I've noticed the cutbacks more and more. We'll be moving again soon and what lines we choose depends on where we end up living and what itineraries are offered since my husband has to jump through hoops to travel to Mexico (military travel restrictions) so we avoid it now when he'll be on the cruise, but we're definitely open to expanding our horizons. Also, we'd have no problems continuing to cruise Carnival, but our loyalty has waned some.

I saw a statement in another post that sums up occasional disenchantment with a cruise or line. Paraphrasing, the post said to think of cruises like they were your children. Don't compare them, but savor the uniqueness in each one. I think this will be my new approach to cruising!

Yes.

We booked on Celebrity quite some time back, but that was not due to disliking the Carnival experience, but because of itinerary. Carnival is not in the Galapagos.

However, we recently booked a cruise on NCL. I don't feel like Carnival's cutbacks have made it unenjoyable, especially with the prices being so low- but I do feel like Carnival delivers a very consistent product, which means after 3 cruises I want to switch it up. Things are just -the same- and I want something different. However, as much as they are 'the same' we have also noticed little things that go missing each cruise. And we miss many of those little things.

We will likely cruise Carnival again, just want to see what else is out there.

Yes. We have cruised Carnival for years. However, we do feel that the cutbacks have reduced the quality of the cruise experience on Carnival. We are also concerned about safety issues.

Over the past 1-2 years we have cruised on Azamara, Celebrity and Princess. While they are more money, we think the cruise experience is far superior.

It didn't even occur to me that after our first cruise, we were somehow locked into one line. Our second cruise, we ventured out to another line.

How else would you know if what you try is on the bottom, the middle, or on top?

For those that cruise often ,how would anyone know that CCL is best for them without trying the other mass market cruise lines ?

That also goes for those that say they want to book "anything but CCL"

Gotta try it yourselves.

Viva La Differences.

No. We are very satisfied with Carnival and have no reason to want to try other lines. There are a few cutbacks that we wish had not happened, but we aren't going to "jump ship" because of them.

I like Carnival and have yet to have a bad cruise experience. Since my last cruise was 2009, I think most of the cutbacks have happened since then. Don't anticipate them being a turnoff. I would be willing to try other lines, but unless something disastrous happens that was totally CCL's fault, I'll always consider them first.

It's all about the mighty dollar. If I could cruise as cheap someplace else I would. I always hear deals can e found comparable to Carnival, but they never fall into our slot or budget (Dec-March/7 days, under 330pp...cruise and flight for 3 under 2k...which is what our 12-15 month vacation savings can do).

The cut-backs don't matter, we tend to cruise for the ports, and just lounge and read onboard utlizing the buffet for meals.

But we are always on the lookout for something different, and RCCL's Allure looks amazing. The size of the ship is actually one thing we can't wait to see.

I'll be cruising on the Allure next month. Since our next month, we'll give NCL a try this xmas.

CCL has lost our business.

Also, we are not limiting ourselves to cruising; we did a wonderful HI trip last summer for much less than a CCL cruise would have cost and will return there again next summer.

We're sailing our 10th on Carnival shortly, 14 overall.

Do I like the cutbacks? No. Will I change cruise lines because of it? No

I love the Carnival experience and always will. They offer what we want in a cruise and we will stay with them.

If we run out of Itineraries with CCL then sure, we may look elsewhere.

We've been on 3 other cruise lines and have always returned to Carnival.

The worse was RCL.

We have been on 11 different lines from full suite to obstructed OV including Transatlantic and river cruises. We have enjoyed all and found flaws in all. All ships have been implementing cutbacks. When people want to cruise for a week for $500/pp, something has to give. But, there is more good than bad. Even in the Grille's category on Cunard we have noticed a difference. If you consider that you are paying less today than 20 years ago counting inflation, the lines are doing the best they can. Despite our total number of cruises, our loyalty to any one line is low. Sometimes you have to try a different flavor of ice cream.

We always look at the itinerary when considering where to cruise. Carnival was a good experience for us. But we want something different.

Princess and RCL were great. But in the future, we are still undecided which cruise line we will try.

Archived