No More Courtesy Holds????

This is the second day in a row that the courtesy hold feature isn't displayed! I've even tried different browsers and switched from my tab to laptop thinking just another RC IT glitch but NO :confused:

I was able to place one yesterday. Would the sailing matter?

This is the second day in a row that the courtesy hold feature isn't displayed! I've even tried different browsers and switched from my tab to laptop thinking just another RC IT glitch but NO :confused:

My TA just did a courtesy hold last Friday for us. :)

Everything went perfectly.

I was just pricing a cruise late last night. I too was offered the; not ready to book your cruise, do a 24 hour hold!

Maybe they aren't offering it on every ship or at certain times of the year, etc. Sometimes, there just isn't a good answer for RC. My opinion: their IT department is a fry short of a happy meal most weeks.

:rolleyes:

I have four booked cruises with RCI, the most recent (Grandeur) done this past weekend. I booked Oasis on October 24. I booked Harmony on June 1. Each of these three allowed the Hold option.

While considering yet another cruise, I did put a hold on a stateroom and canceled within 24 hours. Two days later, I went to place a hold on another room. The hold option was not available. My guess, and guess only, was that the site might restrict multiple holds then cancels for the same cruise.

But then I thought about how, after putting in the info to do a search, the site will put the correct choices up for 5 seconds and then revert to displaying every cruise RCI offers.

And I wondered if the same programmers had the ability to place a tracker on holds.

During the online booking process for my reservation made this weekend, at no point did I get the normal preference choices (dining time, etc.). It just assigned a bed type and late dining with no input. I had to call today to give my choices.

So, I can say first hand that the option is available - most times. :) I lean towards Esmeralda's evaluation - another gift from the IT team.