Which of the new locations are you most excited about?

MrJoeBlack

I was waiting for asia but they didnt announce short cruises 7 days there..all cruises are long catering most to retired people who have all this time..so i just booked mariner of the seas 7 day itinerary from singapore

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did Australia with Celebrity and it was wonderful. We want to go back and do a cruise that goes to Australia and NZ.

Here is my review of our cruise

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=216863

Also, we did a cruise from Singapore to Dubai that was excellent

Next we have another Celebrity cruise out of Tokyo (mostly of Japan)

We will look forward to what NCL offers of Australia and NZ.

Would love to do them all. However, won't happen I'm afraid. The air fare is just too expensive for us to fly from mid U.S. to the Asian or Aussie ports (or where ever) to begin the cruise. Of course, Asian guests understand that when sailing out of U.S. ports. Air fare would generally double the price of the cruise. Guess I'll just watch the Travel Channel.

Edited by roger001

Australia/New Zealand :) Australia has long been on Roseann's bucket list .... Rich and Roseann and Larry and I are longtime friends who also share a love of cruising. Roseann wants to do the 17 day cruise .... we're waiting for pricing. If at all affordable we'll postpone our almost back to back Gem New England / Breakaway Bermuda cruises next October and fulfill another dream in February of 2017.

I can't see spending 30 hours of flight time (including layovers) and $4000 in just airfare(for two)for a cruise in Australia or New Zealand... It doesn't make much sense.

This might appeal more to people from the West coast... but it's a logistical nightmare if you are on the East coast.

Edited by cliffd64

With NCLs announcement as of August 3rd (was leaked before the August 4th deadline) which of the new geographic locations are you most excited about and most likely to book first?

They didn't announce anything that excited us.

I can't see spending 30 hours of flight time (including layovers) and $4000 in just airfare(for two)for a cruise in Australia or New Zealand... It doesn't make much sense.

This might appeal more to people from the West coast... but it's a logistical nightmare if you are on the East coast.

I understand some budgets can't handle the airfare to Australia.

I used miles for my ticket when we flew to Australia and my DW's ticket was about $2200 to fly from JAX to Perth Australia.

We normally spend about $1250 pp to fly to Europe pp. We flew to Singapore and back from Dubai for a cruise for $1750 pp, which is about a thousand dollars more for two than flying to Europe.

If just getting away to a warm place is what you want, perhaps the Caribbean is great, but going to Australia, China, Japan, Singapore, India, etc. is wonderful. Sure, flying to Australia will cost you about a thousand more pp than flying to Europe, which is about what we spend on a hotel and meals in Europe for five days.

With NCLs announcement as of August 3rd (was leaked before the August 4th deadline) which of the new geographic locations are you most excited about and most likely to book first?

I'm excited about both, but will check out the Asia trips first as we did Australia a couple of years ago. Might swap out my Iceland 2016 for an Asia 2017 if the pricing and itineraries look good.

I'd love to go back to Australia but only if we can go all the way via ship. I will never fly from Miami to Sydney again.....16 hours. I was praying for death. Once we got there, the cruise (on RCL) was awesome. If I have to fly to get to the NCL ship, sorry, not going to do that again!

All I see on NCL is a large map of Asia and Australia with numerous ports pinned. I have no idea what the itineraries are. Have they posted these?

If you look at the press release, which you can find in the media link at the bottom of the main page, there is some detail about the itineraries. Dates, lengths and ports of departure, as well as ports visited are listed. It doesn't tell you length of time in port or when the sea days are, but with a bit of sleuthing you can get a pretty good idea, and then when you look at the map again, it actually might make some sense.

Edited by j-9