Luggage - one each?

Hello,

This might be a silly question but it is our first cruise. We are a family of four- Do we all have to take our own suitcase each or can we take two larger cases ?

We are flying from the Uk to Barcelona with Jet 2,

Thanks in advance

Hello,

This might be a silly question but it is our first cruise. We are a family of four- Do we all have to take our own suitcase each or can we take two larger cases ?

Thanks in advance

Royal puts no specific limits on each guest's luggage.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=2677&faqSubjectId=348&faqSubjectName=Luggage&faqType=faq

Edited by clarea

Hello,

Thanks in advance

If you're asking about luggage rules for the cruise ship - you can arrange your suitcases any way you want. Take one or two or ten, they don't care.

Hello,

Thanks in advance

There is no luggage limit for the cruise but you should check with the airline for their limits.

As far as the ship is concerned, you can bring as many pieces of luggage you do or don't want to bring. Flying is different. Usually one checked piece per person and there is usually a charge if a piece weighs over 50 pounds.

I remember when it was 200 lbs. per person. Can you imagine?

My girlfriend could cover that with just her shoes. When we took our first cruise with my dear friend and her husband, the only reason she took as few suitcases as she did was because they had to fly to S. Florida to board the ship and they did not want to pay big bucks for the luggage fee to the airline...the cruise ship could have cared less.

RCI says 200 lbs PER PERSON.have at it! There is no limit on number of bags.

Don't tempt me!

I'm threatening my family by going the whole hog to load up one of those travelling trunks :p - Just for me!

Hello,

Thanks in advance

That is very personal. Since you will have two formal nights, you might each want a large suit case plus one extra dress/suit bag to carry formal clothes. Especially if your children are teenagers.

We are heavy packers, and change our clothes daily. Also we have taken two week cruises from time to time. Honestly, we alway bring too much! I like to change shoes frequently so I might bring a few pairs plus sneakers. They take up a lot of room!

We also might do some laundry as the ship offers that service for a fee. They will also do dry cleaning-for a hefty charge. If you are doing a land vacation in addition to the cruise, you might want to bring additional clothes for that. We also each take a carry on with 24 hours worth of clothing. It also will hold any jewelry and medication we need. However if the cost of luggage is high with Jet 2, you might want to adjust the amount of clothes you bring.

Enjoy your cruise. Bring whatever you want to!

We are flying from the Uk to Barcelona with Jet 2

As you are flying, the number of suitcases maybe be dictated by the airlines. Of course you can carry more if you pay £££.

You can take 2,3,4,5.....suitcases as you wish. If all your family is staying in one stateroom then space could be at a premium.

Don't forget you don't have to carry your suitcases onboard, you just have to leave it with the porters at the port and they will deliver them to your stateroom. You just have to keep your hand luggage with you.

I think you'd probably be better taking a case each so you can get the airlines maximum allowance for each of you.

Besides taking stuff for the cruise, you may want to bring things back especially as this is your first cruise- so I'd say make the most of the airlines allowance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...
Hello,

Thanks in advance

We are flying from Birmingham , via Amsterdam.

This is our 2nd Cruise with Royal Caribbean

Louise and Karl

One time I made this mistake of telling my DW we could fly with 3 bags a piece (75 lbs per bag, business class). When we left home I had one bag-50 lbs, DW had 3 bags at almost 75 lbs. If I recall correctly, she made sure she wore everything she brought, so I could not tell she didn't need it all. This was for a 8 night cruise to Bermuda.

Since, then 2 bags less than 50 lbs. I still travel with 1 bag. She will fill up the 2 bags to the max.

She is getting better after 27 cruises!

Did I read that correctly? Did you ask if you would be penalized for bringing too few bags???? Lol. I've never heard of anything anywhere requiring that each person bring a bag. What do you think happens to people whose luggage is lost by the airlines? They aren't allowed on the ship because they don't each have their own bag? Lol. I probably read that incorrectly, but the way I read it made me laugh.

Hello,

Thanks in advance

You need to check your flight details to determine how many pieces/kgs you can have in your checked baggage.

As stated, Jet2 normally allow 22kgs per passenger for each bag checked in and 10kgs hand baggage which is allowed in the cabin.

Please check the following for the maximum dimensions for hand baggage.

http://www.jet2.com/travel-extras/baggage/

Please note no bag can weigh over 32kgs for health & safety of the baggage handlers as they are not allowed to move anything over this weight.

Any excess over 22kgs in a bag is charged at £12 per kilo.

We are flying from Birmingham , via Amsterdam.

This is our 2nd Cruise with Royal Caribbean

Louise and Karl

I assume you are travelling with KLM. Once again you must check your flight details and confirmation.

KLM's normal economy checked baggage is none, unless purchased in advance (it may have been included in your ticket purchase, that's why you must check). KLM's rules for baggage have changed recently and no checked baggage is included on European flights unless pre-purchased except for Flying Blue members with a status higher than Ivory.

If you pre-purchase the options are for 23kgs priced from €20 online.

Hand baggage allowance has a weight limit of 12kgs with strict size limits and this allowance must include the weight of a handbag, briefcase, camera or laptop.

http://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/prepare_for_travel/baggage/Baggage_Calculator/index.htm

Edited by peteukmcr

You need to check your flight details to determine how many pieces/kgs you can have in your checked baggage.

As stated, Jet2 normally allow 22kgs per passenger for each bag checked in and 10kgs hand baggage which is allowed in the cabin.

Please check the following for the maximum dimensions for hand baggage.

http://www.jet2.com/travel-extras/baggage/

Please note no bag can weigh over 32kgs for health & safety of the baggage handlers as they are not allowed to move anything over this weight.

Any excess over 22kgs in a bag is charged at £12 per kilo.

I assume you are travelling with KLM. Once again you must check your flight details and confirmation.

KLM's normal economy checked baggage is none, unless purchased in advance (it may have been included in your ticket purchase, that's why you must check). KLM's rules for baggage have changed recently and no checked baggage is included on European flights unless pre-purchased except for Flying Blue members with a status higher than Ivory.

If you pre-purchase the options are for 23kgs priced from €20 online.

Hand baggage allowance has a weight limit of 12kgs with strict size limits and this allowance must include the weight of a handbag, briefcase, camera or laptop.

http://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/prepare_for_travel/baggage/Baggage_Calculator/index.htm

We got free flights and complained and got free 23KG each as was not listed before, and now last month showing

I remember when it was 200 lbs. per person. Can you imagine?

My SisIL brought six bags on our Alaska cruise. One was her husband's. She bought so much while on the cruise, they were all overweight for the return flight home. Her husband was out of his mind at the airport. :D:D:D

Edited by Big_G