Finding the name of a passenger?

Hello, I recently sailed a Princess Cruise. I met somebody and got their first name only and some other information like where they lived. What would I have to do to get their last name? Would Princess give it to me if I asked for it? Thanks!

Highly unlikely that any cruise line will reveal any passenger information to you. Sorry.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

They'll not reveal that information even if you have more detail.

If you write to the folk & put it in a stamped envelope, then send it to Princess with a covering letter it's possible that someone at Princess will look up the address & forward it.

But with no surname or cabin number to give to Princess I fear you've got no chance.

JB :)

They'll not reveal that information even if you have more detail.

If you write to the folk & put it in a stamped envelope, then send it to Princess with a covering letter it's possible that someone at Princess will look up the address & forward it.

But with no surname or cabin number to give to Princess I fear you've got no chance.

How do I do this? Please give me more information. I think this may solve my issue! I can only hope that the person doesn't think I'm creepy for doing this :( wait. I did not get their address just the country. What if their are other people that were on the boat with that first name from that country? I may be out of hope

Edited by Extraordinaire548
Just realized I had to know their address

How do I do this? Please give me more information. I think this may solve my issue! I can only hope that the person doesn't think I'm creepy for doing this :( wait. I did not get their address just the country. What if their are other people that were on the boat with that first name from that country? I may be out of hope

If you have enough information then Princess would look up the address. If you already had the address you could mail the letter yourself (last I knew mail to someone with just their first name on it is delivered).

By any chance were you on the roll call for the cruise? You could ask your question there, maybe they can help.

No I wasn't on the roll call (I honestly don't really know what that is .... Sorry) I just started this account today to ask the question. And I don't have the address. Just the country. I need to find this person :(

Edited by Extraordinaire548

I would be really upset if the cruise line gave out my full name, address or even forwarded mail to me based on a first name. You don't even know the city they live in? That tells me that you didn't have much of a conversation with them, honestly.

The cruise line doesn't have the resources to find your target, nor would they risk the liability if the person claims harassment, stalking, or was injured or worse by the person who asked for the information.

I would be really upset if the cruise line gave out my full name, address or even forwarded mail to me based on a first name. You don't even know the city they live in? That tells me that you didn't have much of a conversation with them, honestly.

The cruise line doesn't have the resources to find your target, nor would they risk the liability if the person claims harassment, stalking, or was injured or worse by the person who asked for the information.

Actually, i spent almost every day with this person. There's more to conversations than just discussing the city that you live in. The country is not a big one, it's not like I'm just saying they're from the United States.

Again, I would be very surprised if a cruse line would put any energy or resources into finding a previous passenger and forwarding a letter to them for a stranger. There very likely could be more than one person with the same first name from that country that was on board. Then what?

They also have no idea who you are or what your real motives would be for finding this person, nor do they know if that person (assuming its the right one) wants you to find them. Highly doubt they would voluntarily put themselves in the middle of that or reveal - even by just forwarding a letter - anything regarding a previous passenger. IMO just not likely to happen at all.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Actually, i spent almost every day with this person. There's more to conversations than just discussing the city that you live in. The country is not a big one, it's not like I'm just saying they're from the United States.

If you and this person wanted to keep in touch then you should have tried to exchange more pertinent and personal information while on the ship.

To try and find the person after the fact is a little creepy and I wouldn't be pleased to have someone contact me in any way after the fact if I hadn't given out the contact information myself.

Better luck next time.

They won't do that.

They might be willing to contact the other party and give them your info.

This would be above and beyond and.......worthy of a tip.

If I were on the roll call and knew exactly who he/she was looking for I still wouldn't give out that information.

Sorry. This might be a perfectly innocent situation, but you just never know.

No cruise line can release passenger information as by doing it's a violation of USA Federal Privacy Laws. If the cruise embarked from a European Port believe Europe has similar laws

Think about this..... if the passenger wanted you to know their last name than they would have given it to you.

Edited by xxoocruiser

No cruise line can release passenger information as by doing it's a violation of USA Federal Privacy Laws. If the cruise embarked from a European Port believe Europe has similar laws

The UK certainly does. It would be a breach of the Data Protection Act.

Huh ? :confused:

Re a couple of posts on this thread, I see no problem whatsoever with the cruise line forwarding mail, It's something I've done for clients many times as a matter of courtesy

Can anyone explain how they could be upset by that. :confused:

Especially if it were something to the addressee's advantage. ;)

The problem would be whether the cruise line would be prepared to go to the bother. And I don't think they would.

if they wanted to be contacted by you after the cruise, they would have offered up their email address at the very least and a postal address at most.

Huh ? :confused:

Re a couple of posts on this thread, I see no problem whatsoever with the cruise line forwarding mail, It's something I've done for clients many times as a matter of courtesy

Can anyone explain how they could be upset by that. :confused:

Especially if it were something to the addressee's advantage. ;)

The problem would be whether the cruise line would be prepared to go to the bother. And I don't think they would.

I'd be FURIOUS if somene passed along a letter or any other information. it is not your place to forward anything.

I agree that it would be creepy to be contacted by someone I met on a cruise and especially if I didn't give them my contact information. If I wanted to stay in touch, I certainly would have given them my info myself. And if I didn't give it then I really didn't want to stay in touch. I've done this with tablemates at dinner. Some of them were very nice people and we had great conversations at dinner but I never wanted to stay in touch with them after the cruise. I have given my address to a few but not very many.

You might try posting something on the Princess section of these boards. Put in enough info so the person will recognize you if they see the post. Keep in mind that only a small percent of cruisers visit these boards.

I'd be FURIOUS if somene passed along a letter or any other information. it is not your place to forward anything.

Good job you weren't a client of mine, then ;)

But WHY would you be furious? :confused:

You respond or you ignore.

Do you get furious about junk mail ?

If I were on the roll call and knew exactly who he/she was looking for I still wouldn't give out that information.

Sorry. This might be a perfectly innocent situation, but you just never know.

OP can go on the roll call, post that "This is Jane Doe and I met John Smith from Tangyangyika but did not get his contact info.

John, I would like to get in touch. If you are here on the roll call, if so, let me know".

How do I do this? Please give me more information. I think this may solve my issue! I can only hope that the person doesn't think I'm creepy for doing this...

You met someone you liked and want to reconnect with them again. Understood. It happens all the time - we meet someone special on vacation and in an instant they are gone again. With all due respect, if s/he had wanted to pursue a further connection with you, s/he probably would have done so. There is no way to get the information you seek, nor is there a way to do it in which you do not sound creepy (your own word). Although un-asked for, my advice is to just let it go. The cruise line will NEVER reveal this information to you. Sorry.

Hope you had a good cruise, though. :)