Do You Wear a Slip?

I have purchased a couple of wonderful maxi dresses that I plan to take on my upcoming cruise.

My question is this: should I purchase some sort of slip to wear under them? One of them has a lot of white, and I am sure that you can see through it in the right light.

I don't wear dresses much, but I remember that slips can be very uncomfortable, and twist around under a dress or skirt.

If I need one, what kind should I get, and where should I look to purchase one?

Thanks all!

Another no. I haven't owned a slip in years and years and years....

and....well, I can't remember the last time I ever owned one.

I now have a few pairs of Jockey's Skimmies Slipshorts and find them useful for skirts and dresses when I don't really want to wear shapewear but I'm worried about lines or show-through. They come in several colors, lengths, and styles; the wicking ones are good for warmer weather.

Quite a few colors are on sale at jockey.com

Shapewear shorts, they give me the cleaner line. I wear skirts and sandals for work all summer and always have a pair on underneath. Plus I'm a 1990's product of Parochial education, I have a mental block about fully bare legs under a skirt.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Edited by pezhead

I try to buy dresses and skirts that have a slip or liner sewn in. Otherwise, my little half slips keep the fabric from clinging around my legs and hips. The see-through issue doesn't usually worry me too much.

I don't think that I've worn a slip in 25+ years, but I would guess that you could find one in the lingerie department of a department store. I have some short, very thin Spanx that I wear if panty lines could show.

I haven't worn slips in years either because I rarely where dresses and none of my skirts are see-through. I would imagine you could find slips for sale at any of the larger department stores such as Penny's, Macy's, Dillard's, etc.

slips in DECADES, but I still own one.....hahaha

Had on a maxi-dress yesterday....no slip.

I did decide to buy some "boy shorts", to see if it would give a cleaner line....

but I don't think anyone needs to wear a slip these days.

My advice, wear the white one on an overcast day. ;)

if not wearing a slip makes you self-conscious...

Bernadette

I replied earlier that I do wear a half slip some time. The need for this was brought home to me at church on Sunday. A newly ordained Deacon was helping to serve Communion. She had on a somewhat tight, clingy light colored dress and black panties. IMO this was tacky under any circumstances but particularly tacky in this circumstance. A light colored slip would certainly have helped.

Mary Lou