Go Best now only offering Classic Beverage Package instead of Premium

MAHA

For those able to see old and new versions and classic/premium package under Best - how do the prices compare?

I can answer that. On a 7 day cruise the price to go from Better to Best is $315/person. In the old version of the website it includes the premium package but in the new website it includes only the classic which lowers the overall value of going to best by 11.80/person/day.

Im hoping this is just a glitch but time will tell.

Fyi: Since I was able to seethe old website, I took screenshots of my cruising history. Under the new website 2 of my past cruises are missing but my points are correct. Just in case they want to recalc points based on what transfer I have additional proof of sailing history.

I can answer that. On a 7 day cruise the price to go from Better to Best is $315/person. In the old version of the website it includes the premium package but in the new website it includes only the classic which lowers the overall value of going to best by 11.80/person/day.

Fyi: Since I was able to seethe old website, I took screenshots of my cruising history. Under the new website 2 of my past cruises are missing but my points are correct. Just in case they want to recalc points based on what transfer I have additional proof of sailing history.

Thankyou. I can only see the old. So the price stays the same but the value has reduced with the new website. Not a great consumer outcome then.

This has to be one of the numerous discovered errors. Allowing only the Classic (instead of the upgrade to Premium) with Best would make no economic sense at the current price difference to go from Better to Best.

If you had unlimited internet and the Classic with Better and then paid $45 more per person per day to only add on $13.50 gratuities (standard verandas or lower) and $21.43 OBC ($150/7) you would be paying $45 to receive only $34.93 of value!

This has to be one of the numerous discovered errors. Allowing only the Classic (instead of the upgrade to Premium) with Best would make no economic sense at the current price difference to go from Better to Best.

If you had unlimited internet and the Classic with Better and then paid $45 more per person per day to only add on $13.50 gratuities (standard verandas or lower) and $21.43 OBC ($150/7) you would be paying $45 to receive only $34.93 of value!

Yes! Thing is that some people don't run the math...

I work in the Finance world so things like this do not go unnoticed for me

We booked last August under the Best Promo and it clearly states Premium. They better not pull a bait and switch.

On our newest booking we chose the BETTER promo with the Classic Bev package, however.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, I have screen shots that I took last August of the ads when X was promoting these promos and it clearly states that GO BEST includes the premium package, and then I screen shotted terms and conditions in the very faint, fine, print and it also states the same, for those in Aqua, concierge and Suites get all four perks, with premium package.

Whew, I just found my manifest from Celebrity and it does distinguish between Classic and Premium. I will print that and bring it along. It has some weird code but it ends with a P2, which leads me to believe it is two people, Premium drink, and a cost of $650 pp and then -650 credited back, since it is a freebie.

My other manifest from a different cruise with the Classic package indicates a value of $395 pp (vs the $650 pp for the premium

Package on my other manifest)

We booked last August under the Best Promo and it clearly states Premium. They better not pull a bait and switch.

On our newest booking we chose the BETTER promo with the Classic Bev package, however.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that they are retroactively changing it (but bring documentation). It sounds as though it's being changed NOW.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is what they have always offered for the most part. We have never got the Premium pkg with the GoBig promo.Never have done the Go Best so not sure.

We were offered Premium package part of 4 perks last year for sailing on Equinox. Not sure if this was a special deal for Celebrity cancelling Equinox TA.

What everyone has booked under in the past doesn't matter. It's a change that is perhaps coming soon, that matters and has people wondering if the Premium will not longer be offered with the GO BEST. ;) Let's just hope it is a glitch in the new system... that I have yet to see.

Did you look for a Page 2 of your History? I thought that I had some cruises missing and then noticed there was another page of listings. :)

Not sure which sailings those who are pointing out a discrepancy, in terms of the 'packages' classic vs premium, I have checked several different dates and several different sailings (and different combinations of cabin classes) and the premium package is still showing on the GoBest!.

ALSO, rang up to X to confirm, and nothing has changed and no knowledge if any changes are in the works.

bon voyage

Not sure which sailings those who are pointing out a discrepancy, in terms of the 'packages' classic vs premium, I have checked several different dates and several different sailings (and different combinations of cabin classes) and the premium package is still showing on the GoBest!.

I live in Florida just checked and this is what the website states:

go!best

Get all 4 Perks

• Unlimited Internet for 2
  • Premium Beverage Pkg for 2
  • Prepaid Tips for 2
  • $150 pp to spend onboard

I live in NY, and this is what I just found for a suite in January 2019 [Classic pkg]:

Interesting. I think it is correct to point out that only those who can see the new website can see the classic substituted for premium.

This is a glitch in the new website - I use their travel agent site constantly and rest assured ALL future sailings I have priced out in the last few days with GoBest have included the upgrade tot he Premium Package as well as the $300 OBC, pp grats and wifi.

I have seen so many errors, mis-wordings and glitches with the new site - they need to lock it out, send it back to Beta testing and wait until they can get their $% together before rolling it out!

We presume it's a glitch. Whatever, Celebrity have done a really poor job. I wonder how many bookings it's lost them. There are many other cruise lines out there and people who decided to book over the weekend might simply have moved on to another cruise line. I've frequently been in the situation of booking one of several options and this may be all that's required to move on.