Is this possible?

mellon1

I need assistance from the experts. We have a cruise booked in 2019; however, the pricing in the suites have gone way up, and I am not sure if we will be able to afford it unless it goes down in price....SOOO...here's the question, is it possible to book a lesser room on the same ship in the same name and same dates without loosing the other room? Never did this before, but think we will have to just do a regular balcony room. On the CC site everyone says prices usually go down later, but I very nervous. We do have the sip and sail and that is only on through end of August. Thanks for help.

You have a cabin booked already?

If you have put down a deposit on a cabin, you pay the price you booked at.

It does not matter if the price goes up.

Yes, we have a suite booked now, but it who knows if pricing will go down. I am looking to book another room, just a standard balcony, which is less $, just in case the suite price does not go down

I need assistance from the experts. We have a cruise booked in 2019; however, the pricing in the suites have gone way up, and I am not sure if we will be able to afford it unless it goes down in price....SOOO...here's the question, is it possible to book a lesser room on the same ship in the same name and same dates without loosing the other room? Never did this before, but think we will have to just do a regular balcony room. On the CC site everyone says prices usually go down later, but I very nervous. We do have the sip and sail and that is only on through end of August. Thanks for help.

Short answer yes you can. I have had 2 bookings with a deposit in my name for the same sailing and canceled one before final.

Will both go through at final probably not. I do see what you are getting at.

If the suites sellout how will you know if they go down?

i think there is a misunderstanding, the OP isn't worrying about the price going up onthe suites, they are banking on the price going down and getting that discount.

idk, i think one should book at a level they are comfortable with and then watch the sailing and see if you can do better in your price range. gambling with a too expensive room is not my style. booking 2 rooms just seems mind boggling to me because of the deposits.

i book within my means every time.

I assume the OP booked the suite with the idea the price will go down?

The price may go down but it may also not include any perks you have now (drink package)

So if you wanted the lower price you may loss the perks.

We just went through this. Stayed at the price we booked at

Yes, you can have two bookings at once.

Because of the high demand for suites the prices for these cabins RARELY go down. They sell out quickly and if some do become available down the line it will probably be for more than your current price. If you're going to be fretting because you fear you spent too much on the suite, by all means downsize so you can enjoy your cruise.

Fares for suites rarely go down in price so if I were you, I'd just change cabins now.

I agree ... they will offer them as an upsell if they are available but if already sold, they won't. I have had a TA tell me that is my cruises on the same line overlap in any way, one cruise will be canceled. Not sure if that is true but that is what I have been told.

Short answer yes you can. I have had 2 bookings with a deposit in my name for the same sailing and canceled one before final.

Will both go through at final probably not. I do see what you are getting at.

If the suites sellout how will you know if they go down?

Did you book online or through Princess direct for the second room in your name? Don't know if it will go down. TA says it is way early and prices are very high and will go down. Just no guarantees in life, so just in case, don't want to be totally without a vacation.

I assume the OP booked the suite with the idea the price will go down?

The price may go down but it may also not include any perks you have now (drink package)

So if you wanted the lower price you may loss the perks.

We just went through this. Stayed at the price we booked at

Yes, you can have two bookings at once.

Thank you.

Did you book online or through Princess direct for the second room in your name? Don't know if it will go down. TA says it is way early and prices are very high and will go down. Just no guarantees in life, so just in case, don't want to be totally without a vacation.

I booked online and had my TA grab both reservations.

I agree ... they will offer them as an upsell if they are available but if already sold, they won't. I have had a TA tell me that is my cruises on the same line overlap in any way, one cruise will be canceled. Not sure if that is true but that is what I have been told.

That's what I am afraid of being canceled out.

One thing you can do, if the ship has window suites, you could book one of those. No balcony but you get all the suite benefits. These are only on the grand, golden and Caribbean princess I believe.

Gerry

Hubby loves the balcony!

There is a better chance of balcony room dropping in price just for the fact that there are more of them. If the price for the suites have already gone up the chances of them coming down in price is slim. If suites sell out before final payment they won't drop price unless there is a mass cancelation after final payment. Book what you can afford now. If the price goes down you can always get the lower fare if it's before final payment.

If you're talking about Future Cruise Deposits...you can't. At least, I've never been able to do it, I always have to call Princess BEFORE I book. Once you've booked, you can't use it, unless you cancel and start all over again.

Thank you.

There is a better chance of balcony room dropping in price just for the fact that there are more of them. If the price for the suites have already gone up the chances of them coming down in price is slim. If suites sell out before final payment they won't drop price unless there is a mass cancelation after final payment. Book what you can afford now. If the price goes down you can always get the lower fare if it's before final payment.

Hubby just said he likes the suite we get! We are going for 35 days, 5 trips, so 5 trips times the increase of each trip is quite a large increase. There are still a lot of suites left in 2019 as it is early still. Well, it may be beans and rice!

If you're talking about Future Cruise Deposits...you can't. At least, I've never been able to do it, I always have to call Princess BEFORE I book. Once you've booked, you can't use it, unless you cancel and start all over again.

I've always been able to apply my FCC's when booking through Princess.

You can't book 2 rooms. Just wait.