Live from Journey - all is well

excitedofharpenden

I am on Journey right now. It's very clear that there is investment here and whilst I have in the past made comment about my worries for the future of Azamara (perhaps paranoia) I am very happy to report that I am getting some very positive vibes here and am very comfortable that the future for Azamara is indeed bright. I'll explain.

First of all the new public deck furniture. It has transformed some of those more underused spaces like the other side of the pool grill which now has many lounge chairs and sofas. Deck 11 forward has a sitting area both sides with tables together with a couple of swing chairs. The Thalassotherapy Pool area has totally new furniture with a wider range of seating, a couple more of those swing chairs and a four poster double bed with curtains for privacy. The pool area has a gazebo and new umbrellas that match those aft at the sunset bar. It is clear that all of this is of very high quality. If I get a chance and have some internet minutes left I will post pictures.

The ship is spotless. They have been varnishing the hand rails on the pool deck and replacing the wood where necessary. Painting, cleaning, it all looks very smart.

Talking to Captain Johannes I understand that the large suites will be completely refurbished shortly.

The new Aqualina menu will roll out next cruise I believe.

Things are still on schedule for the dry docks mentioned above and they will be extensive.

The ship is full and we attended the three tenors AzAmazing evening in Livorno last night and it was fantastic. Very well organised and spectacular performances from the tenors. Very nice spread of food to greet us when we returned to Looking Glass.

I really hope Azamara buy another R ship when available. They are well designed and offer a number of dining areas like a mini big ship. There are some compromises to be made, but it is very difficult to have the perfect ship. These come close in my view.

I will try and post some pics.

Phil

Thanks for posting Phil

I know your assessments are always valid, not rose tinted so what you tell me is great to hear

Shame it's a few months until I cruise Azamara again

Hi Phil! They were just setting up all the new deck furniture when we left the Journey last month and I was wondering how they'd arrange it all. Excellent job! Rob likes the seating with the lacy tops because it makes a little shade when the sun is beating down full strength.

I'm glad the big suites are going to get an overhaul. They're such fantastic cabins but they could use just a little bit of jazzing up. I think the artwork on the walls is original to the ship! They'll look amazing with just the littlest bit of tweaking, really.

I would be over the moon if Azamara bought another R class ship. They could give that ship over to charters and Quest and Journey would be available for the rest of us all the time. :D

Thanks for the pictures Phil. The new deck furniture is fabulous and adds a punch of style and comfort. Love the new seating area on Deck 11 - great place now for morning coffee or an evening cocktail. Looking forward to being on the Journey in January.

Thanks Phil - Lovely to see those pics and to hear that you are confident that everything is just as great as ever. Do you know if Quest has the same new furniture? We are sailing on her in two weeks time.

Have a wonderful time.

Lynne :)

Lynne, I'm not sure. I'll see if I can find out.

Phil

Wow, nice furniture. I hope Quest is getting some of the same. It looks great. Thanks !!!

Just returned from Quest and it has this new furniture. We loved the shaded bit on the other side of the pool grill, the sofas were very comfortable.

Looking forward to testing them out on Journey in November.

Thanks for those pics Phil. The new deck furniture looks lovely. Will be sat there drinking a cocktail very soon. :) I so agree that the R class ships are the best size for me too. If they do buy another one, and I believe Princess might have one for sale, then I hope that one could be for the charters and leave my favoured Quest, along with Journey for us Azamara fans.

Glad you enjoyed the Three Tenors Azamazing Evening.....I bet you were in the front row! Hazel and I were there last October and we could see the expressions on the Tenors faces very clearly. It was a lovely evening and I thought the Goldoni Theatre was incredible.

We are looking forward to trying the new Aqualina Menu on our November 6th Journey cruise.

Hope you continue to have a great time on Journey. Shame you can't stay on until our cruise! :D

When I left the JR in August I was told both ships were gettin g the new look.. Glad to know it ihas rolled out already.. i love deck 11 and now it will hard to get a great chair there-but it will be my goal.

I am hoping they redo the club suites too. my favorite cabin needs a new carpet due to stains and better drapes.

I read on here yesterday i think about new furniture in other parts of the ship. i find asking the HD you get answers fast.

Edited by ellbon

Thanks for the report and fantastic pictures, Phil. A nice brush-up of the Journey under way and that is good news. We are not due for our next cruise until may, but this gave us a real boost. Well done, Azamara!:):p

Just returned from Quest and it has this new furniture. We loved the shaded bit on the other side of the pool grill, the sofas were very comfortable.

Looking forward to testing them out on Journey in November.

Guess we just missed them on our last B2B. I will look forward to seeing them in March/April. Thanks for the update

Thanks so much for posting these lovely photos. The new furnishings really do make a difference.

I currently am trying to talk spouse into booking the Norwegian Fjords and N Cape cruise in August 2016.

that is a great cruise. i want to do it again one day.. very cold when i went and I did July.