Captain / Hotel Director / Cruise Director Thread (Updated Through December 2014)

malcliz

Hi everyone! I'm posting the shipboard schedules for the Azamara Quest and Azamara Journey below. If you're on an Azamara cruise this year, enjoy!

Thank you, AzamaraJoel, for posting that. We are on Quest soon, with Captain Carl, and I know we will enjoy our Azamara cruise as much as we have in the

past. Hapicruisin

Seems on both of our upcoming cruises we will, for the first time, encounter the much lauded Heike and Eric.

Thanks for posting this. It adds to our anticipation.

Hi Nordski,

I have not sailed with Eric yet, but Heike is fantastic. I hope you enjoy her Azamazing efforts for their Guests, as much as we have. She's a gem !

Hi Nordski,

I have not sailed with Eric yet, but Heike is fantastic. I hope you enjoy her Azamazing efforts for their Guests, as much as we have. She's a gem !

Same for Eric....best CD we've ever had. Great entertainer too.

Johannes, Heike and Eric - the dream team!! We sailed with this team last year and they are wonderful!! Great that Eric and his identical twin brother Johannes will be together!!:p:p We are looking forward to sailing with this wonderful team again in a few weeks.

• 1 month later...

I was wondering if the captains ever change ships year to year. We were on Azamara Journey's second cruise ever (I think 2008) that went to Antarctica and we fell in love with Captain Carl. Life has intervened and we are finally coming back to Azamara and the itinerary that we are interested in next year is on the Journey again. I noticed that in 2014 Captain Carl is spending his whole time on the Quest. Does he now stay with that ship? Is there any chance he might be on the Journey in 2015?

Thanks for any feedback.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was wondering if the captains ever change ships year to year. We were on Azamara Journey's second cruise ever (I think 2008) that went to Antarctica and we fell in love with Captain Carl. Life has intervened and we are finally coming back to Azamara and the itinerary that we are interested in next year is on the Journey again. I noticed that in 2014 Captain Carl is spending his whole time on the Quest. Does he now stay with that ship? Is there any chance he might be on the Journey in 2015?

Thanks for any feedback.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Since i started sailing with this cruise line Johannes and Jason have been on Journey.. Carl and whoever have been on Quest. i say who over has one Captain retired;one went back to RCI and now they have a new one.. meanwhile Johaness has sailed the Quest due to the one retiring and a couple other times.. they pull from vacationing captains to help out. carl been on te Quest at least since 2010 when i started sailing. to me the Quest is carl's baby and the ournry is Johaness.

Since i started sailing with this cruise line Johannes and Jason have been on Journey.. Carl and whoever have been on Quest. i say who over has one Captain retired;one went back to RCI and now they have a new one.. meanwhile Johaness has sailed the Quest due to the one retiring and a couple other times.. they pull from vacationing captains to help out. carl been on te Quest at least since 2010 when i started sailing. to me the Quest is carl's baby and the ournry is Johaness.

Robin, the last time I was on the Quest, about six months ago, the Master was Jose Vilharonho (sp? on his last name) born in Portugal and brand new to ACC. He relieved Carl in Miami. We were initially concerned about a brand new Master but he was great with the passengers. Heavy accent but circulated more than Carl. And he told my wife she reminded him of one of the dancers on one of his previous cruise lines and she still talks about that. She loved Jose. He also fielded some tough questions from the pax in an open meeting and handled them well.

Edited by Sailin' Shoes

Robin' date=' the last time I was on the Quest, about six months ago, the Master was Jose Vilharonho (sp? on his last name) born in Portugal and brand new to ACC. He relieved Carl in Miami. We were initially concerned about a brand new Master but he was great with the passengers. Heavy accent but circulated more than Carl. And he told my wife she reminded him of one of the dancers on one of his previous cruise lines and she still talks about that. She loved Jose. He also fielded some tough questions from the pax in an open meeting and handled them well.[/quote']

he was my captain this winter but for one cruise. liked him but felt his noon day talks more like lectures vs carl. i had 5 captains on 2 ships since Dec 2010. but only Johannes on both and he flew from SC twice to the Quest.

Thanks for this thread. I checked post 275 for our upcoming Quest cruise. I was thrilled to read that we will have the same team as our previous (only) Azamara sailing in 2013.

Captain Carl , HD Philip and CD Tony . As our first ACC cruise was a TA we had lots of time to get to know the officers. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Robin' date=' the last time I was on the Quest, about six months ago, the Master was Jose Vilharonho (sp? on his last name).[/quote']

BTW, Capt. Jose Vilarinho did some of the sea trials for the "R" ships when he was with Renaissance. :)

Hi Everyone,

Here's the Captain, Hotel Director, and Cruise Director list for the requested sailings. Please keep in mind the following information / schedules are subject to change without notice.

A Special Thank You to Azamara for providing the information. I wish everyone a wonderful Cruise !

Azamara Journey :

============

September 1, 2012 : Captain - Johannes Tysse, Hotel Director - Heike Berdos, Cruise Director - Eric De Gray

November 29, 2012 : Captain - Johannes Tysse, Hotel Director - Fred, Cruise Director - Tony Markey

We were on that Sept. 1 cruise. :D

Does anyone know if Dina is currently at the sales desk of the Journey? We always enjoy seeing her and hoping she will be on our June cruise.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

she quit weeks ago. last i heard she was in either Canada or vancouver.

I received an email from someone currently on Journey. The lovely Sarah-Lou is on board at the moment as LCV hostess and future sales.

Looking forward to seeing her again on our forthcoming May 12 cruise

she switches as far as I know. .she took Dina's place on Quest back in Feb.I heard a lady naemd Cindy is on Journry buut Sarah is a flipper so we all are going to meet new people in 2014 and 2015.

Post #275 on this thread should help, keeping in mind that changes are also possible.

To the best of my knowledge, captain Tysse will disembark June 28 in CPH. Which means that captain Ikiadis will be in command on the Baltic Sea sailing from above date.