We WON!...Now a dream comes true

RevRhino

Entered the week-long Awesome-cation sweepstakes every day. On our way home from church today, I got the email notifying me that I had won.

Wife and I are cruising in Nov for our 2nd cruise. Kids have been begging for a cruise, but we saw no way we could afford to take us, and our 5 kids. With a $1000 gift card, I think we can make it happen sometime in the next couple years.

We're very excited.:D

Entered the week-long Awesome-cation sweepstakes every day. On our way home from church today, I got the email notifying me that I had won.

Wife and I are cruising in Nov for our 2nd cruise. Kids have been begging for a cruise, but we saw no way we could afford to take us, and our 5 kids. With a $1000 gift card, I think we can make it happen sometime in the next couple years.

Congratulations! That is awesome! Nice to see these contests are real and real people are winning! Enjoy your Nov. vacation and future vacation w/the kids!:)

Congrats but its marketing nothing is for free....

You say your a family of 7, do you realize that 1k really doesn't help hardly at all when you have to pay for cruise fare, tips, fees/taxes, onboard expenses, soda cards, cocktails for all the members of your cruise, not mentioning you most likely need two staterooms. I say Carnival surely has a great marketing program to get people's money so I not see it as a good thing.

Congrats and be as excited as you wanna' be!!!! :)

We WON too!!! That is the BALTIMORE RAVENS WON the SUPERBOWL!!! :)

You say your a family of 7, do you realize that 1k really doesn't help hardly at all when you have to pay for cruise fare, tips, fees/taxes, onboard expenses, soda cards, cocktails for all the members of your cruise, not mentioning you most likely need two staterooms. I say Carnival surely has a great marketing program to get people's money so I not see it as a good thing.

really? Was this necessary?

Wow! Debbie downer much? $1000 toward a cruise for any number of people is great! Of course it won't pay for it all, but the point is that it sure will help. No reason for you to even post on this thread if you feel that way. Let other people enjoy their news!

Are you OK?

This person booked a trip for a couple, not including the kids. Carnival had no way of knowing there are 5 kids at home. The prize was, before entering the contest, $1000. You can easily go on a 3 - 4 day Carnival cruise out of FL with $1000. Not everybody has onboard expenses and/or drinks soda. Do you want to know another way Carnival can get your money? By not having a contest and having all of the winners pay an extra $1000, which, BTW, can be used on their upcoming trip that they would have had to pay for winning the contest or not.

Sorry, OP....Congratulations! Awesome win! Im very happy for you!!:)