Margaritaville on Breakaway

parasailor

I see the Uptown Grill on Breakaway, my favorite lunch spot, is now an extra charge restaurant, Margaritaville. How much are the burgers and fish tacos there and what is their quality compared to the lunch buffet (which I found mediocre)? Are there long lines at lunch? Thanks.

I sailed the Breakaway last month, and I never saw more than one table occupied in Margartaville.

I was on the Breakaway 3 months ago and no matter how many times I was near the Margartaville restaurant I too never saw more than one table occupied .

Thanks everyone! I note that NCL told me they had no menu for it. They also told me the free ferry to St. George was not starting yet, even though news reports showed it had. I don't expect them to know everything off the top of their heads, but I have often been surprised by their taking time to research something and still giving wrong information.

I sailed the Breakaway last month, and I never saw more than one table occupied in Margartaville.

We sailed her last month as well and I would agree, but we did hit really bad weather. The only time we chose to eat there was breakfast. In my opinion, it was awful. Of course this was free breakfast and not a charge for lunch. The location is a bit hard to find but very private with a wonderful view.

Was never open when we sailed a few weeks ago, even on days when we had good weather. On embarkation day, Haven guests get free lunch there. Nothing. DH and I had a running joke all week about getting nachos or a habanero margarita, which never happened 🤐

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Can anyone tell me what the breakfast is like there? Couldn't find breakfast menu anyplace, sit down or small buffet? Smoked salmon?

Thanks

Safe saililng

All reviews I read say it is a small buffet of the basics (eggs, pancakes, cold items), no waiter service/menu.

Can anyone tell me what the breakfast is like there? Couldn't find breakfast menu anyplace, sit down or small buffet? Smoked salmon?

Thanks

Safe saililng

I did not see smoked salmon at breakfast anywhere on Breakaway last September or Gem in February. Perhaps a budget cut victim?

I did not see smoked salmon at breakfast anywhere on Breakaway last September or Gem in February. Perhaps a budget cut victim?

Yes, no longer at the buffet, but still on the MDR breakfast menus.

Safe sailing

If you have found buffet lunch medicore, consider looking at MDR lunch menu as it is usually quite good. I just can't bring myself to pay a la carte for nachos, burgers, fries, tacos on a ship and have always found the MDR lunches to be much better than the buffet.

Not sure about "atmosphere" on the Away's, but on the Escape Margaritaville has no real atmosphere. The jogging track cuts through it and there's no live entertainment.

Breakfast on the Escape just was using the space of M'ville, not an M'ville breakfast menu (that existed shortly when the restaurant debuted) and had an omelette line.

If you have found buffet lunch medicore, consider looking at MDR lunch menu as it is usually quite good. I just can't bring myself to pay a la carte for nachos, burgers, fries, tacos on a ship and have always found the MDR lunches to be much better than the buffet.

Not sure about "atmosphere" on the Away's, but on the Escape Margaritaville has no real atmosphere. The jogging track cuts through it and there's no live entertainment.

Breakfast on the Escape just was using the space of M'ville, not an M'ville breakfast menu (that existed shortly when the restaurant debuted) and had an omelette line.

Thanks. I agree that paying $7 for a burger for lunch on a cruise sounds like the nickel and diming that annoys so many people. I have been in the MDRs for lunch on Breakaway--I was happy to avoid the buffet crowds, and the food was better, but in warm weather if we are already on the pool deck, we may not decide not to just deal with the buffet.