Any advice or tips?

ann135

We have just booked our first Oceania cruise on the Riviera - Barcelona to Miami in November.

We have gone for A2 Concierge (9070, the only mid ship left and thought that may be better for my husband who can suffer with sea sickness).

Any advice or tips from anybody that knows the ship or this itinerary would be very welcome.

We have cruised with NCL, Cunard, Celebrity, HAL, Princess and Regent but chose Oceania on this occasion on recommendation from friends.

Thank you in anticipation of the great help that is usually forthcoming from all you lovely people who use this site.

For me, the information I gleam on here is invaluable - thank you all!

We have just booked our first Oceania cruise on the Riviera - Barcelona to Miami in November.

We have gone for A2 Concierge (9070, the only mid ship left and thought that may be better for my husband who can suffer with sea sickness).

Any advice or tips from anybody that knows the ship or this itinerary would be very welcome.

We have cruised with NCL, Cunard, Celebrity, HAL, Princess and Regent but chose Oceania on this occasion on recommendation from friends.

Thank you in anticipation of the great help that is usually forthcoming from all you lovely people who use this site.

We are booked on this cruise also. This is our 7th cruise on Oceania - 2nd on Riviera. It is a beautiful ship and I'm sure you will love it. Are you on the Roll Call for this cruise? Lots of info available on that. Especially come to the Meet and Greet. Looking forward to seeing you onboard!

Linda

Tip, if you run across a big goofy guy from Missouri on that cruise buy him a drink.

Or better yet, ask to join his team for trivia. You won't be sorry when you go home with some swell O merchandise purchased with the very valuable "Big O"

points you'll acquire. Those points will add up on a crossing.

Hello Ann135,

We are on this cruise too. Tell your other half not to pack any ties as its not needed for dinner. Ask your concierge to get you some more sepeciality restaurant reservations on the day we sail. Cartergena can be explored from the dock by foot you dont have to do excursions and the same for Madeira. The cookery lessons are great and splash out on at least one La Reserve if you like wine and food. When we did a transatlantic on Marina two years ago in November the crossing was very calm and the ship was very stable.

See you onboard! Grant

My first hint for anybody who is new to Oceania is to try the baby lamb chops at breakfast!

155006.jpgNot traditional, but an Oceania trademark. We like them rare and served over the warmed fig compote!.......heaven!!!

Another phenomenal choice is the miso glazed Sea Bass in Red Ginger

121126.jpg quite possibly the best meal that I have ever had on a ship.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Tip, if you run across a big goofy guy from Missouri on that cruise buy him a drink.

You may have to hire a national search, which if it is the case I suggest the HDBI ( hawaiidan bureau of investigation) which has operatives in his area

Orvil....send me an email HD.....

Seriously, don't let little things get you wound up. The cruise is about as low key as you can get. Truth be told most problems I have encountered were the doings of somewhat pretentious people who had a rather difficult time trying to relay their well developed keen sense of themselves and how stupid the silyworld is for not recognizing that

It is a well, polite atmosphere.....don't expect the same flourishs and pomp as you would find at a 8 for8:30 dining in the lake district.... IT and its passengers don't see the need for formal nights or attitudes

Being British, some homecountry ideas may be different... roll with the difference and rejoice your not on the m25

I agree about the breakfast lamb chops in the GDR ... although we forego the figs!

And we're not wild about Red Ginger but that's because we are Szechuan fans ... to each his own!

The Eggs Benedict for breakfast in the GDR are also wonderful ...

Mura

Edited by Mura
Message was saved before I was finished!

My grad father came from from Langollthyn near Conway

used the M25 as well known regional metaphor that strikes fear into the hearts of car owing sanity loving Englishman...but so much to the welsh Boy-o

If youtake n wales the crossing will be clildsplat

We are your stateroom neighbor. 9070 and 9068 were available 3 weeks ago when we booked. This is our 3rd cruise on Riviera and we have done this TA but west to east, Miami to Barcelona. We will certainly be happy to 'show you around' when we are aboard. My email address is globevest dot at Columbus dot RR dot com. If there are particular issues you would to raise, let me have an email.

Barry

This will be our first Oceania cruise so I'm also reading the tips with interest. Thanks for the baby lamb chop tip at breakfast. I love lamb chops. We sailed a couple of times on Paul Gauguin and I certainly had my share at breakfast many mornings. Our upcoming cruise in November is starting to sound better every day.

I am ashamed to admit that we did not lunch at Waves Grill until our last cruise. I recommend it. I know most here adore the surf and turf sandwich, but we also loved the hot dogs (don't judge me! LOL) and the little salad bar.

Have fun. We considered this cruise and it looks delightful!!

Donna

I am ashamed to admit that we did not lunch at Waves Grill until our last cruise. I recommend it. I know most here adore the surf and turf sandwich, but we also loved the hot dogs (don't judge me! LOL) and the little salad bar.

Have fun. We considered this cruise and it looks delightful!!

Donna

I have to admit I had never eaten in the GDR or Waves until my 3rd cruise. DH loved the turf sandwich and we had a few lovely lunches and breakfast in the GDR although this was on Regatta in Alaska. On chilly sea days, it is elegant, peaceful, and the food and service were exceptional.

On warm weather cruises, I still prefer Terrace Cafe and dining al fresco with a nice glass of wine, especially on Riviera (in the Riviera) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Download plenty of books, get your feet up and relax. The country fair is a bit of a giggle, and trivs is fun. All food good but agree re lamb chops and also sticky buns in horizons pre breakfast. Oh god i'm actually drooling as I write! Still only 12 days until my cruise, Hurrah!

We did the reverse cruise from Miami to Barcelona in April (and we also live in North Wales). Enjoy the cruise - especially the food which is top notch. Look for the daily special half-price cocktails in the bar.

Edited by PY33