Are sneakers allowed in main dining room?

zxcvbbvcxz

Already horribly over packing, and after reading the dress code info on NCL there is no mention of sneakers not being ok...only flip flops

My husband and two sons have huge feet and if I don't have to pack their HEAVY dress shoes it would free up a lot of space for me and my daughter to pack more "necessary" items... as a bonus I won't have to force the boys into 'fancy" clothes... I'm already pushing it with the Khakis and polos

We are sailing on the Breakaway

Edited by zxcvbbvcxz

Already horribly over packing, and after reading the dress code info on NCL there is no mention of sneakers not being ok...only flip flops

My husband and two sons have huge feet and if I don't have to pack their HEAVY dress shoes it would free up a lot of space for me and my daughter to pack more "necessary" items... as a bonus I won't have to force the boys into 'fancy" clothes... I'm already pushing it with the Khakis and polos

Why not invest in some "deck shoes" like sperry topsiders or sebago docksiders? Some models/colors can easily do double duty. So no need for dress shoes and sneakers.

Why not invest in some "deck shoes" like sperry topsiders or sebago docksiders? Some models/colors can easily do double duty. So no need for dress shoes and sneakers.

No need to invest in anything when they already own something that will work perfectly fine (especially on NCL).

No flip flops in the dining room???? I've been wearing them for years in the dining room! That's all I bring with me.

good to hear because I plan on wearing them too, everywhere. they're not the cheap rubber ones from walmart or old navy though.

No flip flops in the dining room???? I've been wearing them for years in the dining room! That's all I bring with me.

good to hear because I plan on wearing them too, everywhere. they're not the cheap rubber ones from walmart or old navy though.

Ditto !!

Although mine are from walmart however they are the $10 pair and they are black and comfy

However I will be doing a few dress up nights so gonna bring a pair of my danskin memory foam shoes .... they are more for walking on the treadmill but they are solid black and look nice enough you can wear them with pants and a blouse and unless someone get's right up on my shoes to stare at them they won't know any difference than if I brought my dress up shoes - not to mention we are stopping in paris and amsterdam after the cruise so i needed some sort of regular shoe to wear out and about

Edited by bnorris10

Ditto !!

Although mine are from walmart however they are the $10 pair and they are black and comfy

However I will be doing a few dress up nights so gonna bring a pair of my danskin memory foam shoes .... they are more for walking on the treadmill but they are solid black and look nice enough you can wear them with pants and a blouse and unless someone get's right up on my shoes to stare at them they won't know any difference than if I brought my dress up shoes - not to mention we are stopping in paris and amsterdam after the cruise so i needed some sort of regular shoe to wear out and about

Been on enough of the cruises where we dressed up. I'm so past that! Capri's, a shirt and comfy flip flops.....I'm on vacation!!!!

Basically the theme is:

"NO SHIRT NO SHOES NO SERVICE" !

The shirts are understandable - now as for the shoes are concerned no where

is it defined what is acceptable as footwear - "BUT - NO SHOES" that pretty

much sums it up - bare feet will give you the appropriate boot ! LOL !

Bare feet presents health and sanitation issues - I tread lightly here !

Cavet - footwear on leaving the ship by tender use some sense here unless

you want to do a trip the light fantastic leap of faith getting your balance

doing a three quarter gainer on the moving gangplank !

Edited by don't-use-real-name

NCL has no formal nights. If someone wants to dress up they certainly can and will be few and far between. It's the most casual cruise line I've ever sailed on and works well for many people. I don't bring dress shoes or dresses either, I'm very casual.

• 3 months later...
...Bare feet presents health and sanitation issues...

I just stumbled upon this thread and as a barefoot runner and one who embraces a barefoot lifestyle, I would be remiss if I didn't comment.

Many believe bare feet in an environment where food is present is an unhealthy situation - even illegal.

This is a misconception.

Bare feet pose no more of a health/sanitation issue than bare hands. In fact, pathogens are propagated by bare hands more than any other means.

There are more than a few arguments against bare feet and all of them, save one, can be scientifically, medically, or practically refuted. The one argument that trumps all...the one on which most people base their posture... is that of preference.

People don't want to see bare feet in a "restaurant". Fair enough, but know that it is by no means unhealthy or unsanitary.

Just an FYI :cool:

Rep