Tip room service, or is that included in prepaid gratuities?

Leaving next week on our first RCI cruise.

If we order room service, do we tip the person who delivers or is that included in the gratuities I've already paid?

If not, how much is typical amount? Trying to decide how much cash and in what denominations I should take along.

Thanks!

If we order room service, do we tip the person who delivers or is that included in the gratuities I've already paid?

If not, how much is typical amount? Trying to decide how much cash and in what denominations I should take along.

Thanks!

Tips for room service are not included in prepaid or automatic gratuities.

We tip based on the size of the order. From $2 to $5 usually.

x2.

We usually take 100 $1's for extra tipping during the week.

About two months out, I order $100 in $2 bills from the bank. They are a perfect amount and are appreciated!

That's a great idea! Since we're only just over a week out, doubt I can place a special order, but I will stop by the bank for $1 bills.

Thanks!

If you read what Royal writes about who gets the prepaid tips, then room service servers do get the prepaid tips. They are part of the food and beverage department, and all of the tips are split between the entire staff.

Now, with that said, we always tip the room service servers. It is extra, but we also tip our cabin attendant and dinning room servers extra as well.

Thanks!

No, you need to tip room service extra. Most people on here seem to say $2-$5 depending on the order and service. Hope that helps

Tips for room service are not included in prepaid or automatic gratuities....

If you read what Royal writes about who gets the prepaid tips, then room service servers do get the prepaid tips. They are part of the food and beverage department, and all of the tips are split between the entire staff....

Completely contradictory replies. So who is correct?

That's a great idea! Since we're only just over a week out, doubt I can place a special order, but I will stop by the bank for $1 bills.

Thanks!

I tip $2-$4 depending on the order.

I have heard that some people think the $2 bills are not real and people have a hard time using them. Please don't complicate things for the crew.....just use $1 bills.

Just my opinion

About two months out, I order $100 in $2 bills from the bank. They are a perfect amount and are appreciated!

Just be aware that $2 bills are not widely knwon and accepted outside the US at places that otherwise accept US funds.

It´s an extra hassle for the crew as they have to exchange those $2 bills. I rather give them Singles than to go with $2 bills.

except that many places will not accept them as legal tender so the staff often have a hard time actually spending them. they are cute and a novelty. they are NOT practical.

Asked the hotel director on the Navigator and concierge on Oasis.

That's interesting because I asked the hotel director on Oasis and he said they share the in the prepaid tips too.

If you read what Royal writes about who gets the prepaid tips, then room service servers do get the prepaid tips. They are part of the food and beverage department, and all of the tips are split between the entire staff.

Now, with that said, we always tip the room service servers. It is extra, but we also tip our cabin attendant and dinning room servers extra as well.

It has always been my understanding that room service delivery is not included in the gratuity pool. I checked on Royal's website and it says:

To simplify the service recognition process, Royal Caribbean automatically adds a $12.00 USD gratuity ($14.25 USD for Suite Guests) to each guest’s SeaPass® account on a daily basis. This gratuity is shared by Dining Services Staff, Stateroom Attendants other Housekeeping Services Personnel that work to enhance your cruise.

'Dining Services Staff' is quite a different concept to your statement of the entire food and beverage department. Have you seen something else specific that is broader than what I posted?

So now I'm a bit lost as to what I should do..First time cruiser with RCI... My original thoughts were to just have a larger cash amount with me on my VOS cruise next year. Usually I have cash to tip my room steward and table people like I have always done with previous sailings with P&O but how do I organise smaller US amounts if they are needed for things such as room service? I was planning on using room service in the mornings on all sea days as my children are early risers and will want something early. Excuse my being a newbie at this, any thoughts? Will the post office allow me to order small denominations amounts? Appreciate any ideas ...it's probably obvious I know...:-)