RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

I stand corrected ... it is LimoInRome - and Claudio - I am booked with. Thank you for clarifying. Just goes to show what happens when you transpose a few words.;)

So ... the big question now is ... since this is a "RomeInLimo" thread, did I book the wrong company?? Or is this thread actually about LimoInRome? And can you point me to the "huge thread" about which one I should use?

The hugh thread is this one

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=738183&highlight=romeinlimo

But as others said, this doesn't mean you are going with the wrong company, this thread is the only one actually compare both of this tour companies which is why I thought it make sense to be posted here even if it was opened few years ago!

ONLY my 2 cents ...

Have fun planing

My wife and I had the great pleasure of seeing all of the sites on our first ever trip to Rome using this wonderful company - Rome in Limo. We would have never been able to experience as much as we did without them, and the amazing guide they helped to arrange for us during our tour of the Vatican. Our driver was a fantastic resource as well, explaining the history while masterfully navigating the streets of Rome (where by the way, only a select few are allowed to drive).

We have been fortunate to travel quite a bit, and this one day we spent in Rome with RIL has been the highlight of all our travels to date. We are already booked with them for our next stop to Naples so that we can see the Amalfi Coast.

Safe travels!

I used RIL for all 3 Italian stops. When you go to Almalfi, book La Tagliata restaurant for your group...best $35 pp you'll ever spend. Views of a lifetime! I think when we went to Florence, we detoured in Tuscanny! What a great company!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Our family enjoyed a wonderful tour of Rome and Naples in 2009 with Vinnie. We thoroughly enjoyed the individualized tour that he gave us. He made sure that our young daughter enjoyed the sites and answered all of her questions. Wonderful tour and can't wait to take another one soon!

Just my two cents.

We used Romeinlimo last year for transfers from the airport to our hotel in Rome and then from the hotel to the ship.

They were courteous, professional and made the transfers enjoyable. Our driver in Rome passed sights that we remembered from our last trip. He pointed out everything.

We just arranged to use them again in April.

Sheila

Just my two cents.

We used Romeinlimo last year for transfers from the airport to our hotel in Rome and then from the hotel to the ship.

They were courteous, professional and made the transfers enjoyable. Our driver in Rome passed sights that we remembered from our last trip. He pointed out everything.

We just arranged to use them again in April.

Sheila

That's great to hear. I'm certain I made the right choice!:)

• 2 weeks later...

I have taken that tour and it was wonderful, they are a great company and I have the tour booked again for October. We will not be on a cruise but staying in Naples. I really love this company they have given the best service and are so easy to work with. You should have a fantastic time and see much more with them then taking the ship tour. Linda

I have taken that tour and it was wonderful, they are a great company and I have the tour booked again for October. We will not be on a cruise but staying in Naples. I really love this company they have given the best service and are so easy to work with. You should have a fantastic time and see much more with them then taking the ship tour. Linda

Thank you!

If we do book this tour, we will be taking it from Rome . Was this your starting point too? What sites did you see and how long of a drive from Rome to the coast was it?

Edited by disneylover89

The drive from Rome to the Amalfi Coast is a pretty long drive... 3 hours from Rome to Positano, by the most direct route. So that means half of your 12 hour tour will be consumed just getting there and getting back.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Hello all, newbie here and first time traveler to Europe this coming October. Looking for suggestions here. We are flying from U.S. to FCO and arriving 7:45 a.m. on a Friday so we'll be in Rome 1 day before our cruise the next day. And so we would love to if possible be able to tour as much of Rome especially the Vatican that day. Looking at RIL website, the Pre cruise package looks interesting. So for us 3 people, the price would be 770 euro? Is this a good deal? Anybody has experience on this and if so, how was it? What are the sites that this will go to and will they let us get off the car to tour the sites and I hope it's not just a driving tour. I know the Vatican is the only one with the guide tour.

So even with the package, I still have to pre-purchase the Vatican and Coliseum tickets? For the Vatican tickets, I don't have to buy one for my guide too right? On the admission tickets, I noticed on the vatican museum website, they only have one option to purchase for vatican museum and sistine chapel only, how come no St Peter's Basilica option? Do I even need one for St. Peter's Basilica?

In regards to the transfer from airport to hotel, so can we check in at the hotel in the morning? And so for the next day, instead of transferring from the hotel to the port right away, we're hoping we could tour some more of Rome before our ship departure on that day. Can RIL accomodate that and I wonder how much more it would cost us? Not sure where or what can we do that day before we our ship departure date.

Sorry for all the questions, but as I said, first timer here :o. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Rome is really easy to DIY. Check out the Ports forum which has maps and day schedules all mapped out. No tickets needed for St Peters Basilica just the Sistine Chapel but check the tip on how to get quickly from the Chapel to the Basilica. Taxis are plentiful to get from the Basilica to the Colosseum and from there you can walk to other major tourist sites like the Pantheon, Steps etc.

I'd estimate a DIY doing the major tourist areas would cost no more than $50usd using taxis. Tickets are extra for both RIL and DIY.

Edited by Pushka

we would love to if possible be able to tour as much of Rome especially the Vatican that day. Looking at RIL website, the Pre cruise package looks interesting. So for us 3 people, the price would be 770 euro? Is this a good deal?

So even with the package, I still have to pre-purchase the Vatican and Coliseum tickets? For the Vatican tickets, I don't have to buy one for my guide too right? On the admission tickets, I noticed on the vatican museum website, they only have one option to purchase for vatican museum and sistine chapel only, how come no St Peter's Basilica option? Do I even need one for St. Peter's Basilica?

In regards to the transfer from airport to hotel, so can we check in at the hotel in the morning? And so for the next day, instead of transferring from the hotel to the port right away, we're hoping we could tour some more of Rome before our ship departure on that day. Can RIL accomodate that and I wonder how much more it would cost us?

It's impossible to tell you whether or not this is a "good deal" as that assessment requires an intimate knowledge of your values. At today's exchange rate, that's a little over $1,000.

For perspective, just for the transfer part (from the airport to your hotel), a taxi or a car service would cost between 50 - 70 Euro, so the tour portion costs 700 Euro (or about $965). For that you will be driven around in a comfortable car and the driver will chat with you about Rome. You can ask the driver to stop and let you out wherever you want. He cannot accompany you anywhere, they are not guides and licensing requirements in Italy prevent them from doing anything but the driving.

St. Peter's Basilica does not require any ticket or admission fee; however, you will need to wait on a security line.

Ultimately, only you can decide if this is a good use of money. One aspect to consider is how tired you may be, depending on how long a flight you have. That's a lot of money to spend if you're going to be half-awake, half-dozing in the back of the car. If you sleep well on flights and will be awake and raring to go, this might work for you. For me, I need to be on my feet and out in the sunshine and fresh air to adjust to the time change, a moving vehicle puts me right to sleep.

Edited by euro cruiser

We have now been to Rome 3 times and each time Romeinlimo picks us up at airport and takes us to hotel and at end takes us to ship or train or wherever we are going next. While we are in Rome, (usually 2 or 3 days) Romeinlimo takes us on tours - these have been thru the Tuscany hillside, Pisa, Florence, Vatican (with guide) and also my favorite - Pompeii where our guide was wonderfully knowledgible and we ate at a local restaurant where the owner cooked for us.....

We will be back in Rome next October and once again will be calling on Romeinlimo for our transportation and tours.....any questions, please ask....

Edited by szdiver

We have used them many times, plan to be back in the fall, and you can customize your entire booking to cover so much area that you will have a comprehensive view of Rome that you would be unable to get in one day anywhere else, with anyone else. Romeinlimo can pick you up, your luggage is protected, you can be chauffeured right up to where you need to be, which gives you so much extra time in the different sites. If you are taking the cruise the next day, you can possibly go to the Vatican early in the morning for 8am, go through St. Peters and still make your ship. Also, if your cruise brings you back to Rome, you can spend a second day there, even group in with another couple or three-some and cut your costs to a share tour.

Most important, Romeinlimo is highly professional, satisfaction a given, and I can safely say that because we have been clients/customers for both cruise stops and land trips, and have been everywhere under the Sun with Romeinlimo. They are the best.

So I know the drivers will not accompany you to the tour sites, but for a first timer like me in Rome, do we necessarily need a guide to the major sites at the city center of Rome? I know in Vatican it's a must but I'm not sure if it's really a must at the other major sites at Rome's city center. Can they provide a guide to accompany us with the limo driver on the city center of Rome's major sites?

Another option would be hiring them for transport and then their golf cart tours, is that something they can do and has anyone done that? Please advise. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by edtorious

As commonly discussed here, the driver, as you are going from one location to another, will give you extensive info, and directions as what to see, look for and where to go. This takes the place of a guide very well.

Thanks Bruce, I'm sure the driver can provide us a lot of infos, but let's say I want to go inside Colosseum, churches or I don't know what other major sites in Rome besides Vatican that has indoor sites where the driver cannot accompany us, would having a guide there be a good thing to have to provide us it's history, trivias and etc...? In other words would I be missing a lot by not having any guide on some of the major sites that the driver cannot accompany us? Thanks.

Edited by edtorious

Hello all, newbie here and first time traveler to Europe this coming October. Looking for suggestions here. We are flying from U.S. to FCO and arriving 7:45 a.m. on a Friday so we'll be in Rome 1 day before our cruise the next day. And so we would love to if possible be able to tour as much of Rome especially the Vatican that day. Looking at RIL website, the Pre cruise package looks interesting. So for us 3 people, the price would be 770 euro? Is this a good deal? Anybody has experience on this and if so, how was it? What are the sites that this will go to and will they let us get off the car to tour the sites and I hope it's not just a driving tour. I know the Vatican is the only one with the guide tour.

In regards to the transfer from airport to hotel, so can we check in at the hotel in the morning? And so for the next day, instead of transferring from the hotel to the port right away, we're hoping we could tour some more of Rome before our ship departure on that day. Can RIL accomodate that and I wonder how much more it would cost us? Not sure where or what can we do that day before we our ship departure date.

Sorry for all the questions, but as I said, first timer here :o. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Our first time in Rome in 2011 we had RIL pick us up at airport, take us to hotel. We had requested with the hotel ahead of time an early check in, but it was not until 11AM. Once in the hotel we showered quickly and met our guide from RIL and did a 3-4 hour walking tour all through ancient Rome which included a tour of the Coliseum(which we already had tickets for, no, you don't need to buy one for the guide) The walking tour was wonderful, kept us awake and alert all day long and the guide was superb. The next morning they picked us up and we saw more sights including one of the catacombs and went to the Vatican that afternoon where we did have a guide from RIL, which we think is essential for a first timer. It was a wonderful way to be introduced to this magnificent city. We love their walking tours, we did another when we returned the next year, this time the Baroque tour, which was also excellent. That time before we went to the ship we did the Scavi tour at the Vatican and spent some time in St Peters before RIL picked us up and transported us to the ship. The first time we were there we had them pick us early the morning of the cruise and we toured the castle at Brancaccio, which was really cool and then we went to the port. So you have lots of options and they will work with you with what you might want to see.

I agree you don't need a guide everywhere but we would have been lost in the Vatican museums without one, so definitely recommend there. Have a wonderful trip, we can't wait to go back again!!!:)

Edited by Gracie115

We've used RIL several times and they were great. When the driver could be our guide he was. But when we needed a guide he got one for us and like at the Coliseum he went and got our tickets so we didn't have to stand in line. Any questions you have the driver has heard and handled them before. They know the best way for you to tour the wonderful stops. You do need a guide at the Vatican. It will double your experience there.