Mexican Riviera November 11 2017

Justina2283

Hello! Newbie cruiser here, anyone have any tips or suggestions in regards to the Mexican Riviera Cruise. I am excited and can't wait. We are doing the Snorkel @ Marietas Islands in PV. and the Resort Beach and Shopping in Mazatlan. Has anyone stayed in the Mini Suite D723 with the twin beds and the upper? There are four of us in a room just curious how it was. TIA!

Welcome to cruising and to Cruise Critic. One of the things you should do is join the Roll Call for your cruise. There's a permanent post at the top of this forum's listings that tells you how to do that. The Roll Call is kind of a single discussion thread where pretty much only those who are on your specific cruise get together and discuss whatever they want with regard to your particular cruise. You'll find some who are new like you but you'll also find some have been on this particular cruise before (or at least a similar itinerary) and they'll have some great answers for you.

As far as your post goes asking about a particular cabin, you should also let us know which ship you're on. Yes, we could look it up but it's so much easier if you simply let us know.

Hello! Newbie cruiser here, anyone have any tips or suggestions in regards to the Mexican Riviera Cruise. I am excited and can't wait. We are doing the Snorkel @ Marietas Islands in PV. and the Resort Beach and Shopping in Mazatlan. Has anyone stayed in the Mini Suite D723 with the twin beds and the upper? There are four of us in a room just curious how it was. TIA!

In MZ, We enjoy Stone Island.. We used to hang out at Victors, but heard it's closed. So we're going to Lety's. Sr Froggs too!

If you like breweries, visit Los Muertos Brewery in PV.

If you like tacos, Taco Lele's in Cabo. Also, there's a brewery by the Marina (Baja Brewery).

In PV my wife really enjoyed the day at Las Caletas. Catamaran ride to the beach, drinks included on the boat, drinks and lunch included at the beach. It's not for the snorkeling crowd - more for the "hang out on the beach in a lounger with a drink and fart around in the water" crowd. My wife really enjoyed it and the excursion fit me perfectly. :cool: We also had some up close and personal whale action on the way back to PV at the end of the day.

D723 is a nice mini suite. With 4 in the cabin there will be 2 beds in the twin position (can be queen if you like) one upper berth over the sofa and the 4th is the convertible sofa. The cabin has a 9'x6' balcony open to the sky. If when boarding you find the main bed in the queen config. just mention it to the cabin steward and it will be fixed. With 4 in the cabin there could be some shower congestion. Would suggest you bring a small bag. One or two of you might wish to shower either in the fitness center or at the shower/sauna next to the Lap Pool on deck 16 forward. Cabo San Lucas has a nice port area where you can just walk around, grab a drink, do some shopping. There are also nice beaches in Cabo.

In PV my wife really enjoyed the day at Las Caletas. Catamaran ride to the beach, drinks included on the boat, drinks and lunch included at the beach. It's not for the snorkeling crowd - more for the "hang out on the beach in a lounger with a drink and fart around in the water" crowd. My wife really enjoyed it and the excursion fit me perfectly. :cool: We also had some up close and personal whale action on the way back to PV at the end of the day.

Thrak...was that a ship excursion or private?

Sounds like it would fit us to a "T".

I second this also! It was a great day if you just want to CHILL! Massages, kayaks, hammocks, food/drinks!

I second this also! It was a great day if you just want to CHILL! Massages, kayaks, hammocks, food/drinks!

While my wife was playing in the water I got up and wandered a bit and came to a drink station. They were serving mixed drinks but I asked about shots of Cazadores and the guy gladly poured me a couple. :D

In MZ, We enjoy Stone Island.. We used to hang out at Victors, but heard it's closed. So we're going to Lety's. Sr Froggs too!

If you like breweries, visit Los Muertos Brewery in PV.

If you like tacos, Taco Lele's in Cabo. Also, there's a brewery by the Marina (Baja Brewery).

Thanks so much for the info! I am looking forward to trying all these new places. :)

D723 is a nice mini suite. With 4 in the cabin there will be 2 beds in the twin position (can be queen if you like) one upper berth over the sofa and the 4th is the convertible sofa. The cabin has a 9'x6' balcony open to the sky. If when boarding you find the main bed in the queen config. just mention it to the cabin steward and it will be fixed. With 4 in the cabin there could be some shower congestion. Would suggest you bring a small bag. One or two of you might wish to shower either in the fitness center or at the shower/sauna next to the Lap Pool on deck 16 forward. Cabo San Lucas has a nice port area where you can just walk around, grab a drink, do some shopping. There are also nice beaches in Cabo.

Thanks so much for the info on the Cabin! I didn't realize there was a shower in the workout/gym area! Maybe I can do that once in a while. In Cabo we will just be walking around shopping and drinking! :)

This is also one of my favorite tours in PV. They also have massages you can sign up for up in the jungle ... and wow ... worth every penny!!

To the OP ... you don't mention if this is a 10 day or 7 day cruise and if a 10 day, are you leaving out of SF or LA? Or ... did I somehow miss that?

If SF and stopping in Manzanillo, the turtle sanctuary and release would be my first choice.

If LA and stopping in La Paz, there is a kayak trip through the mangroves that is outstanding. I also love Loreto .... just to walk down the beach and tour the town on your own. Such an amazing place!!

To the OP ... you don't mention if this is a 10 day or 7 day cruise and if a 10 day, are you leaving out of SF or LA? Or ... did I somehow miss that?

If SF and stopping in Manzanillo, the turtle sanctuary and release would be my first choice.

If LA and stopping in La Paz, there is a kayak trip through the mangroves that is outstanding. I also love Loreto .... just to walk down the beach and tour the town on your own. Such an amazing place!!

Hi I am sorry, it's a 7 day leaving out of Long Beach/San Pedro Port!

If you get a chance, book the Rhythms of the Night tour. The show is amazing, and the food was very good. If they don't have it offered from the ship, check out Puerto Vallarta Adventures. We did it two years ago and really enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums