My Majestic Majesty Review (With Pictures) May 15th, 2017

Alright, here goes nothing! I (Nicole- Hi!) am going to try and remember as much as possible from our cruise (you can thank the drink package for things I forget!)

The Crew: This trip was a budget trip for sure, and explains why we crammed four of us girls into an interior room. All of us girls are 24-25 and from the Central Florida area, and we all had the drinking package! (I'm the blonde on the far right)

IMG_3481_zpsg1de9imp.jpg

The Cruise: We were on the May 15th sailing of the Majesty of the Seas out of Port Canaveral. Our ports included Nassau and CocoCay.

Day 1: Departure!

So of course half of the adventure is getting there. Since we live in the Orlando area we didn't stay overnight in the port like my family normally does (when we lived out of state). Getting 4 suitcases in my trunk ( I have a very very small SUV) was practically a game of Tetris. Once the bags were shoved in, we were ready to go. We departed around 915am as planned and were on our way! Oh wait...Nicole is an idiot and instinctively took the route to work versus getting on the highway to head to port. My oops caused us about 15 minutes, but was more frustrating than anything. Upon arrival to Port Canaveral (around 1045am). We were able to park easily (shockingly on the 3rd floor though, guess we weren't the earliest!) and drop off our bags. Once we got into the building the security line was extremely quick and we then headed to do all the paper work, checking in type stuff.

Being a gold member we were sent to the "gold line" designated with gold star balloons and were assisted immediately. Once everything was registered and ready to go we immediately boarded. Of course we took our photo boarding (but didn't buy it) and walked down the ramp to our home for the next 4 nights! We had the whole ramp to ourselves and were acting overly excited.

Once we boarded we immediately looked for the bar! There wasn't one to find easily on the floor we were on so we headed to the pool deck (with everyone else in the world) to get our drinks! We were mildly frustrated with the crowds around the bar, but this is to be expected because everyone was looking to start their vacation asap.

IMG_3482_zpslas85l1m.jpg

We finally got our drinks (I chose a bloody mary since it was only 11am or so) and took a seat in the shade to people watch. We were already getting some very good entertainment considering the drinks could have only been flowing for an hour max with some of the guests. We were burning up ( I think it was maybe 95 this day) and headed to the Viking Lounge for some A/C and of course a photo shoot. I am so bummed that this lounge is so ignored. Everytime we went up there it was a ghost town. It has such potential!

IMG_3494_zpsbbruyeyb.jpg

After our photoshoot we grabbed lunch in the Windjammer (I legitimately had a plate of 100% shrimp). I think we were on drink 2-3 at this point ( I have switched to beer). Needless to say, we got our money's worth in our drinking package. We then went to the room and our luggage was there right at 1pm or so! Speedy service! Let me tell you though.....4 girls in an interior room was rough! My main complaint was the wall outlets. There were only TWO and they were both so loose that we had to physically hold the cords into the wall. That caused quite a bit of frustration when getting ready for dinner. I brought some gel clings for our door decor (from the Target $1 section!) We had a blast decorating the door, however I am not sure I recommend these. They left mild stains on the doors and I am cringing waiting for a bill from RCI.

IMG_3506_zpshd4dzzsu.jpg

Next up was the muster drill. I swear these keep getting longer and longer every cruise I go on. Of course being assigned an outdoor area doesn't help. We made the best of it and were just ready to get back to the pool deck! We hung in the sun till about 5pm and then had to go to our room to attempt to put ourselves together for dinner. We didn't realize how challenging getting ready would be (b/c of the small quarters)and definitely did not allow enough time night 1 for dinner prep.

Dinner was great! OMG our server (Supardi) was THE best, REQUEST HIM! We had a table with 2 other girls our age which was nice! We noticed some younger guys near us that were seated with a couple with an infant, seemed awkward for them. The first night I had the salmon entree that was featured and it was pretty good! Of course I had escargot for my appetizer (I did every night actually) and this stuff is great! I can't recall dessert, and to be honest none of the desserts at dinner really knocked off my socks.

IMG_3516_zpssyxyzylh.jpg

IMG_3511_zpsleoyi1fs.jpg

After dinner we went to Battle of the Sexes. This game was a blast but we were disappointed it only lasted 20 minutes or so. I volunteered with one of the games (passing fruit from chin to chin without your hands) I was horrid! It was alot of fun though. After the game and a drink or two we hit the hay at 11pm. I told the girls they were party poopers, ha! Atleast this gave us an advantage for an early Day 2 start (Coco Cay). Speaking of CocoCay...stay tuned for my next post! I will be posting it this evening or tomorrow :-)

Feel free to ask any questions and hopefully I can answer!!!!!

Day 2: Coco Cay

Rise and shine! The girls are early risers (and I am not) and we did sit down breakfast around 8am. Good thing we had an early bed time the night before. I ordered the salmon benedict as well as kids banana pancakes. Both were decent, sorry no pictures! After breakfast we headed down to hop on the tender to Coco! This was my favorite day of the cruise by far!

I was shopping prior to the cruise and found a $3 pink flamingo float. Well I thought it would be sized for a 5 year old and was going to use it for a silly photo. Low and behold the float fits adults! I used that bad boy (we called him Carlos) alll day long. I floated in paradise!

IMG_3662_zpslhhlep0y.jpg

The floating bar is a must do!!!! Its towards the end of the island,but there are shuttles (walk wasn't too awful either) The ocean down there is much larger and open and BEAUTIFUL. The floating bar is a great secret and luckily was never too busy.

IMG_3585_zpskufkodbx.jpg

Lunch this day was pretty delicious. I always thought private island day was burgers and hot dogs, but they have stepped up their game. We had mac and cheese, chicken curry, bbq chicken, etc. I think we floated away from 10am till 4pm or so. Don't forget to re apply sunscreen! I kept putting mine on every 45 minutes and I was the only one who left un-burnt.

With tonight being formal night we allowed almost 2 hours to get ready for dinner.

IMG_3730_zpsshgsw1i3.jpg

The beef at dinner was my favorite meal of the cruise!

OMG this stuff was to die for! Thank God we had an AMAZING assistant server who acted as our bartender. We never saw the dinner bartender once. Frustrating when you pay so much for a drinking package.

IMG_3724_zpszz632tc5.jpg

We finally had a towel animal in the room this night. Night 1 we didn't receive a critter or a cruise compass.We never met our attendant until we searched him down on day 2 because our air wasn't working properly.

IMG_3735_zpsvhcebmcc.jpg

After dinner and changing into more comfortable clothing we headed to karaoke. Some of the performances required quite a few drinks to tolerate, but all in all it was fun and entertaining. I will note- Formal night was very formal! Usually I feel my family is the more overdressed at formal night, but this cruise felt different. Lots of girls in long dresses and men in full suits. Our nice sun dresses surely made the cut, but we could have been way more glitzy for sure!

IMG_3737_zpsbmubguvc.jpg

Tonight we stayed out till 3am. Hooray! We made up for the party pooping on night 1. We met lots of new friends and had a blast in the dance club. However, the DJ refused to take any requests until one of our friends gave him a $5. Ironically the song we requested made everyone get out of their seats, ha! The girls all got 3am pizza, but I passed. They all gave a thumbs up on it though (who knows what it tastes like sober?!)

Stay tuned for Day 3: Nassau!

Day 3: Nassau

Since my family has done lots of Port Canaveral 3/4 night cruises, I am frankly sick of Nassau. Senor Frogs was fun when I was 18 and excited to order a drink in the Bahamas, but other than that I just don't enjoy this port. Having a drink package made me even less enthusiastic to exit the ship and spend more money...luckily the girls were on the same page as me. We went to Senor Frogs, had 1 drink, and returned to the ship. Of course we utilized the port as an instagram photo opp, but that is about it. Sorry I don't have more on Nassau, but it just isn't for me.

**However from prior cruises I can recommend Cabbage or Cable ( I forget what it is called) beach if you want to dip your toes in the sand. Taking a taxi to Atlantis is worth it if you've never seen the resort as well.**

Day details: I skipped sit down breakfast this morning. We were out till 3am the night before and that hour of sleep was valuable to me. We headed to the Windjammer around noon to meet our friends and grab a snack before heading to shore. Leaving this ship at this time was a PIECE OF CAKE! We literally walked right off. We returned to the ship around 1-130pm (again, easy process) and had the whole pool deck to ourselves. It was comical because every bar tender passed us offering drink service maybe every 5 minutes. Ya think they were bored? I loved the peace and quiet, however I missed my normal people watching! We were at the pool until time to get ready for dinner.

IMG_3888_zpsdw8f69he.jpg

My poolside favorite, a Miami Vice.

IMG_3874_zpsszxunwkv.jpg

Tonight for dinner nothing sparked my interest so I ordered the steak off the "generic nightly menu" as I call it. I opted for a baked potato instead of mashed and I must say, considering this item wasn't featured, it was pretty good! Again, can't recall what dessert was so it must not have been to awesome..

IMG_3879_zps6dzp0olu.jpg

IMG_3896_zps9kpk41md.jpg

After dinner we went to listen to karaoke and played "Majority Rules" I LOVED this game. You break into teams and get situations like "Scariest movie of all time" etc...and each team submits an answer...whichever answer is the majority wins points for that round, whether or not it is accurate....Of course the comical groups of people added entertainment value, and Mo was a great host! A very fun game that all ages can play, but the 18+ crowd can enjoy as well....

For late night entertainment we headed to Spectrum (The "Club")...The dj, again, didn't play the best music (seemed outdated)...but we still had a good time and called it quits a bit earlier this night versus our 3am bedtime the night prior...

Stay tuned for Sea Day!! Here's a teaser...part of my review involves men wearing bras and women's accessories ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I love the pink flamingo float, do you remember where you purchased it from? Loving your review so far too!

Day 2: Coco Cay

Rise and shine! The girls are early risers (and I am not) and we did sit down breakfast around 8am. Good thing we had an early bed time the night before. I ordered the salmon benedict as well as kids banana pancakes. Both were decent, sorry no pictures! After breakfast we headed down to hop on the tender to Coco! This was my favorite day of the cruise by far!

I was shopping prior to the cruise and found a $3 pink flamingo float. Well I thought it would be sized for a 5 year old and was going to use it for a silly photo. Low and behold the float fits adults! I used that bad boy (we called him Carlos) alll day long. I floated in paradise!

IMG_3662_zpslhhlep0y.jpg

The floating bar is a must do!!!! Its towards the end of the island,but there are shuttles (walk wasn't too awful either) The ocean down there is much larger and open and BEAUTIFUL. The floating bar is a great secret and luckily was never too busy.

IMG_3585_zpskufkodbx.jpg

Lunch this day was pretty delicious. I always thought private island day was burgers and hot dogs, but they have stepped up their game. We had mac and cheese, chicken curry, bbq chicken, etc. I think we floated away from 10am till 4pm or so. Don't forget to re apply sunscreen! I kept putting mine on every 45 minutes and I was the only one who left un-burnt.

With tonight being formal night we allowed almost 2 hours to get ready for dinner.

IMG_3730_zpsshgsw1i3.jpg

The beef at dinner was my favorite meal of the cruise!

OMG this stuff was to die for! Thank God we had an AMAZING assistant server who acted as our bartender. We never saw the dinner bartender once. Frustrating when you pay so much for a drinking package.

IMG_3724_zpszz632tc5.jpg

We finally had a towel animal in the room this night. Night 1 we didn't receive a critter or a cruise compass.We never met our attendant until we searched him down on day 2 because our air wasn't working properly.

IMG_3735_zpsvhcebmcc.jpg

After dinner and changing into more comfortable clothing we headed to karaoke. Some of the performances required quite a few drinks to tolerate, but all in all it was fun and entertaining. I will note- Formal night was very formal! Usually I feel my family is the more overdressed at formal night, but this cruise felt different. Lots of girls in long dresses and men in full suits. Our nice sun dresses surely made the cut, but we could have been way more glitzy for sure!

IMG_3737_zpsbmubguvc.jpg

Tonight we stayed out till 3am. Hooray! We made up for the party pooping on night 1. We met lots of new friends and had a blast in the dance club. However, the DJ refused to take any requests until one of our friends gave him a $5. Ironically the song we requested made everyone get out of their seats, ha! The girls all got 3am pizza, but I passed. They all gave a thumbs up on it though (who knows what it tastes like sober?!)

Stay tuned for Day 3: Nassau!