Luggage embarkation question

CeeJayPonz

Yes, the CCL website gives the dimensions - larger than airline carryon for sure. We always carry all our luggage on with us. Just like to unpack and be done with it before all the fun starts. You will want to consider weight, since you could end up carrying it up the stairs. Elevator lines are long, as some of them are reserved for the crew distributing the checked luggage.

We find it easier to take the forward elevator as it's usually the emptiest. (Aft is busy for the buffet, mid-ship is usually luggage) Take any empty elevator, even if it's going in the wrong direction, eventually it'll get to your deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, it is. However, I was denied on one cruise, which was upsetting, as I've had the same suitcase for years, and both cruises, the one where I did it and the one where I could not, were from Miami, so I was upst. But you should be able to do it! I definitely know what you mean, it is definitely very nice to get right into your vacation.

Checked Bag Size Restrictions. Like carry-on bags, checked bags are limited to 16 inches in height and 24 inches in width, with no length restriction. You are allowed two bags per person, and each bag may not exceed 50 pounds.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Checked Bag Size Restrictions. Like carry-on bags, checked bags are limited to 16 inches in height and 24 inches in width, with no length restriction. You are allowed two bags per person, and each bag may not exceed 50 pounds.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Don't forget that this is with the luggage laying flat. To translate - it can be as tall as you wish, but can't be any more than 24" wide and 18" deep.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the help. 1 problem. faq's on ccl website is down. I need the carry on dimensions. We have large luggage so I hope we can still carry them on.

The FAQ's are not down for me. What browser are you using? Try another browser. Sometimes I get the Bad Request error when I try to access any of the help pages using Chrome. So far, clearing cookies and site data has always fixed the problem.

The limits on the number of bags are actually suggestions. You can theoretically have as many bags as you want. Just don't abuse it.

However, I was denied on one cruise, which was upsetting, as I've had the same suitcase for years, and both cruises, the one where I did it and the one where I could not, were from Miami, so I was upst.

This happened to us checking in for an NCL cruise in January also in Miami. We've always taken our 24" suitcases with us when boarding with no issues, but that time the security guard (who doesn't work for the cruise lines) insisted we go back outside and check our bags with a porter. We argued, but with no success.

Are you allowed to carry on ALL of your luggage at embarkation time.We would like to carry ALL of our luggage on even though we have FTTF. Just want to get to cabin, unpack, and start vacation asap.

It depends on your luggage size.

This happened to us checking in for an NCL cruise in January also in Miami. We've always taken our 24" suitcases with us when boarding with no issues, but that time the security guard (who doesn't work for the cruise lines) insisted we go back outside and check our bags with a porter. We argued, but with no success.

On another carry on luggage thread, someone posted that they printed the Carnival luggage restrictions page and brought it with them. After a bit of back and forth with a guard(or someone else that didn't work for Carnival), I think that cruiser won the battle. I don't remember which port the poster was talking about.

I do it every Caribbean cruise, but I travel light with just one piece of luggage and a shoulder bag. I can go straight to my cabin., unpack, and be on Lido or wherever having lunch by 11:30 - noon.

Alaska, Med and Far East cruises I'll have more luggage.