Regal Questions

jcfamily

My husband and I are looking at a cruise the week after Thanksgiving on the Regal Princess. We haven't done Princess Cruise Line before so have a few questions.

1) We were thinking of booking a mini-suite and have read about club class mini suites. Where are these located? I haven't been able to find them.

2) There are a lot of restaurant options. We usually like to do at least one of the specialty restaurants, but usually do most of our meals in the MDR or other "free" places. Which ones are included in your cruise fare? It is not that clear to me.

3) Does traditional dining have and early or late seating? Or is it just early seating. We like traditional but don't want to eat before 6:00.

4) What's the up charge for the Sanctuary?

5) Where are the best places for adults to go sit and read a book without being over run by children? Is there an adults-only section?

6) Is the dining room open for lunch on embarkation day?

7) Are there any special things we should know about the Regal or make sure we don't miss?

Thanks for any info,

Julie

Club Class Mini-Suites will be added to Regal Princess starting on January 8, 2017.

Here is an excellent document detailing what dining venues are on which Princess ship, and which ones carry an upcharge:

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/food-and-dining/dining-options.pdf

There are three traditional dining seatings: early is 5:45 or 6:00, late is 8:00 or 8:15; plus an extra-early 5:15 seating in a portion of one of the anytime dining rooms.

The Retreat Pool just outside the Sanctuary is designated adults-only. I believe the Sanctuary is now $40 for a full day, discounted if you purchase the entire cruise.

Edited by fishywood

Crown Grill and Sabatinis are specialty restaurants you pay for along with Crab Pot at buffet. All other restaurants are free. Early and late 8:15 pm seating. Plus anytime dining. Adults only pool with bar. MDR open for lunch during embarkation. Don't miss Alfredo's for pizza, etc or the buffet which has a very wide variety of choices and cuisines.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Crown Grill and Sabatinis are specialty restaurants you pay for along with Crab Pot (SIC) at buffet. All other restaurants are free.

There are also fees for Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar, Gelatos, Royal Afternoon Tea, and the various permutations of Chef's Table on Regal.

My husband and I are looking at a cruise the week after Thanksgiving on the Regal Princess. We haven't done Princess Cruise Line before so have a few questions.

1) We were thinking of booking a mini-suite and have read about club class mini suites. Where are these located? I haven't been able to find them.

Club Class mini suites will not have been introduced in any ship yet in time for your cruise. Schedule of when it rolls out to what ship is at the website

2) There are a lot of restaurant options. We usually like to do at least one of the specialty restaurants, but usually do most of our meals in the MDR or other "free" places. Which ones are included in your cruise fare? It is not that clear to me.

Main Dining Room, buffet (which is fantastic on Royal class ships), International Cafe, Alfredo's and room service are included. Crown Grille, Sabatini's, Crab Shack, Ocean Terrace Seafood, Gelato all have a charge. Ultimate Balcony Dinner or Breakfast, Chef's Table, Winemaker's dinner are all special options that carry a charge also.

3) Does traditional dining have and early or late seating? Or is it just early seating. We like traditional but don't want to eat before 6:00.

Yes, there is both early and late traditional dining. There is also Anytime dining which is flexible seating on your time during dining room hours.

4) What's the up charge for the Sanctuary?

$40 pp per day, $20 pp per half day or $30 pp per day for entire sailing.

5) Where are the best places for adults to go sit and read a book without being over run by children? Is there an adults-only section?

The Sanctuary is adults only and has a charge. The Retreat pool/area is adults only and has no charge - pool, bar, loungers, etc. There are cabanas here with additional charge. Lots of quiet spaces around the ship that aren't "over run" with kids day or night including lounges, etc.

6) Is the dining room open for lunch on embarkation day?

Yes, noon to 1:30. There's also buffet, International Cafe, Alfredo's, Prego Pizza and Trident Grill

7) Are there any special things we should know about the Regal or make sure we don't miss?

Definitely try Alfredo's at least once - no fee specialty dining with sit down table service, excellent pizza and orher Italian fare. Check out the Enclave if you enjoy steam rooms and sauna, hydro pool, etc. And the spa is beautiful. The outside seating for buffet, Horizon Terrace, is wonderful and rarely full. The live music all around the ship is great fun. Crooners with the piano player is excellent. Happy Hour with Buy One Get One for $1 twice a day - once in afternoon and once late at night.

Thanks for any info,

Julie

Answers above in italics.

Have a great cruise, she's a beautiful ship!!

Edited by reedprincess

Thanks for any info,

Julie

If you like the Bellini drinks, there is a Belini's bar at deck 6. There is also Club 6 for dancing up to midnight.

Drink packages are also available. And there is also a BOGO $1 during Happy Hour at designated bars on specified time.

Thanks for any info,

Julie

If you are booking a cruise for the week after Thanksgiving I would not expect to see very many children on board. They are in school. Some good outside places are:

The lounges around the Retreat Pool and the sofa areas at the port and starboard entrances to the Retreat Pool.

Any Lounges around the Lido Pool as well as the sofa areas around the pool.

The Horizon Terrace.

The 'Terrace dip pool' area aft on deck 17. Note part of this area is designated for smoking.

Inside, not too much. You can try Club 6, the chairs outside of Princess Live, or maybe an area in the Piazza. The Piazza is normally busy all day and evening.

If you are booking a cruise for the week after Thanksgiving I would not expect to see very many children on board. They are in school. Some good outside places are:

The lounges around the Retreat Pool and the sofa areas at the port and starboard entrances to the Retreat Pool.

The Horizon Terrace.

The 'Terrace dip pool' area aft on deck 17. Note part of this area is designated for smoking.

Inside, not too much. You can try Club 6, the chairs outside of Princess Live, or maybe an area in the Piazza. The Piazza is normally busy all day and evening.

Forgot to mention the 4 promenade deck seating areas with cushioned lounges, 2 mid ship and 2 aft. One of the aft areas is a smoking section.

I just want to note that there is no 6PM fixed sitting on Regal . It is 5:30 and 5:45. I have been on Regal 5 times and have never seen it. The last time on board (March 2016) I ask about this. It says 6PM on the web site, but there is no 6PM dinner. I was told that the web site was not changed to show the Regal early dinning times.. So, don't be surprised if you see 6PM dinning confirmed in "Cruise personalize" and you get onboard and the time is different.

Just saying what has happened to me five times. .

The Horizon Terrace.

You can also find full padded loungers on-thePromenade deck on both sides of the ship aft. Great place to read and relax.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are on the same sailing. All great information here. I expect the Christmas decorations to be going up while we sail as well that weekend. We were on her last year around the same time, beautiful!

The balconies are on the small size but the ship is very lovely. You will enjoy your cruise!

We are on the same sailing. All great information here. I expect the Christmas decorations to be going up while we sail as well that weekend. We were on her last year around the same time, beautiful!

The balconies are on the small size but the ship is very lovely. You will enjoy your cruise!

Whimsy, what dates were you on the Regal last year? We boarded her December 6th and the decorations were already out. I'm curious if we were on the same sailing. If so, sounds like we might be on the same sailing again.

Whimsy, what dates were you on the Regal last year? We boarded her December 6th and the decorations were already out. I'm curious if we were on the same sailing. If so, sounds like we might be on the same sailing again.

Yes, that was the same sailing! We went for my daughter's 30th birthday. This year they added Antigua, haven't been there and somehow found myself booked along with friends. We should try to meet up since great minds sail alike!

Yes, that was the same sailing! We went for my daughter's 30th birthday. This year they added Antigua, haven't been there and somehow found myself booked along with friends. We should try to meet up since great minds sail alike!

When is your sailing this year? We board December 4th, off on December 18th. However we are not going to Antigua so I think we are off by one week... :(

When is your sailing this year? We board December 4th, off on December 18th. However we are not going to Antigua so I think we are off by one week... :(

Yes, we are off a week. I am sailing November 27. I'll have it all decorated and ready for you! ;)

Edited by Whimsy

I just want to note that there is no 6PM fixed sitting on Regal . It is 5:30 and 5:45. I have been on Regal 5 times and have never seen it. The last time on board (March 2016) I ask about this. It says 6PM on the web site, but there is no 6PM dinner. I was told that the web site was not changed to show the Regal early dinning times.. So, don't be surprised if you see 6PM dinning confirmed in "Cruise personalize" and you get onboard and the time is different.

Just saying what has happened to me five times. .

We just got off the Regal Baltic/TA on Saturday. First seating in Allegro was at 5:45 on the Baltic segment. On the TA first seating was listed in the Patters as 5:30. On the first two nights many of us were there at 5:30, and the doors didn't open until 5:45 or later. Finally on day 3 first seating was listed as 5:45. When I asked a head waiter why it was changed to 5:30 he told me that 5:30 was "what the passengers wanted". I told him that he should read CC threads on the topic.

Forgot to mention the 4 promenade deck seating areas with cushioned lounges, 2 mid ship and 2 aft. One of the aft areas is a smoking section.

NOTE: There is no Pramenade on the Promenade Deck :mad:

If you are expecting that ... You won't find it ...

Which dining room is open for lunch on the Regal on embarkation day? The crew usually tells you "none are open"...but we all know that one dining room is open.

Thanks,

Sandi

Mid ship dinning room. But I forget is it on deck 5 or 6. I just follow my DH to it.

Which dining room is open for lunch on the Regal on embarkation day? The crew usually tells you "none are open"...but we all know that one dining room is open.

Thanks,

Sandi

Probably Concerto dining room on deck 6 midship.(embarkation lunch)

I believe this is the dining room that's open for breakfast ,lunch when available, afternoon tea ,and becomes an anytime dining room for dinner.

• 10 months later...