Future cruise deposit

CambsCruiser82

Hi all,

4 weeks 6 days until our QV cruise and to say we're excited would be an understatement (loved watching the pictures roll in today of those on there today).

I've managed to twist the arm of my long suffering other half to book the TA crossing for next year but I'm wondering if it's worth waiting to do this whilst onboard / put down a future cruise deposit.

Has anyone any experience they could share?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you book on board with Cunard you usually get reduced deposits and on board credit.

I still like to flip the reservation over to my travel agent because he usually sweetens the deal with more obc and discounted price.

Here's Cunard's Link:

https://ask.cunard.com/help/before-you-sail/onboard_sales

Jonathan

You will get extra OBC by booking onboard but there is the chance that the price now might increase by the time you cruise so therefore it negates the benefit of waiting. Of course there is always the chance that the cruise might drop by then so it has opposite effect only you can make that decision because Cunard prices can change significantly on a daily basis.

;pMalcolmgray ;p

Hi all,

4 weeks 6 days until our QV cruise and to say we're excited would be an understatement (loved watching the pictures roll in today of those on there today).

I've managed to twist the arm of my long suffering other half to book the TA crossing for next year but I'm wondering if it's worth waiting to do this whilst onboard / put down a future cruise deposit.

I think it is a good thing to put a deposit down while on ship and then you will qualify for OBS , but you have to book a cruise within 12 months (I think). You can give them your Travel Agent and they can do the booking for you when needed and you may also get some discount from your Travel Agent. Prices can go DOWN as well as UP, we are going on a T/A round trip shortly and the fare as dropped quite a lot since we booked quite a while ago:mad:but we are going on the Q.V. This Thursday which is sold out:D. You win some and some you do not. So what ever you do enjoy.

Hi all,

I used to be a great believer in Future Cruise Deposits but experience now tells me that there are greater savings to be made waiting till prices drop.

There are always plenty of options available at all grades, particularly outside the July to August crossings.

For me the only exception to that rule is with Viking River who double your money and it comes off the cost of the cruise.

You can still use Future Cruise Deposits to book through a TA or at any time before the expire. In the US they are valid for four years, and at the end of that time, they are fully refunded if not used. It seems to me to be a can't loose proposition.

You can still use Future Cruise Deposits to book through a TA or at any time before the expire. In the US they are valid for four years, and at the end of that time, they are fully refunded if not used. It seems to me to be a can't loose proposition.

Are they fully refunded? I did not know that.

How do we use them to book online?

Are they fully refunded? I did not know that.

How do we use them to book online?

They are linked to your World Club Number

In The UK, They are not refundable and Must be applied to a future booking within a year of purchasing if you are a UK Customer.

USA have different t&c's

Edited by Pennbank

• 2 months later...

Thought I would bring this old thread back again for a question. Has anything changed with the on board future cruise deposits for US citizens? Are FCD still offered by Cunard? For some reason I remember someone posting that they were possibly being eliminated. Are they till good for 4 years? And when would I NOT be able to use them. Are there fares offered where you would not get on board credit? We will be on the QM2 in a few weeks and was planning on purchasing. Thanks

Can I add some questions from the UK side of the pond?

Are people saying that they have to be used to BOOK a cruise within a year or that you have to SAIL within a year?

Do you have to transfer the booking to a travel agent at the time of taking out the FCD or can it be done at a later stage, ie when we get home from our holiday? Does it make any difference if my travel agent is in America and would any prices be quoted (for me) in sterling or dollars?

Can I add some questions from the UK side of the pond?

Are people saying that they have to be used to BOOK a cruise within a year or that you have to SAIL within a year?

Do you have to transfer the booking to a travel agent at the time of taking out the FCD or can it be done at a later stage, ie when we get home from our holiday? Does it make any difference if my travel agent is in America and would any prices be quoted (for me) in sterling or dollars?

You have to book within one year if it is a UK FCD, the sailing can be further into the future. USA FCD's are subject to different T's & C's.

It is my understanding that the FCD is linked to ones CWC number and is automatically applied to a booking made against that CWC number whether the booking is made directly with Cunard or via a travel agent. If you want to use the FCD against a booking made via an American travel agent, you would need to quote your USA CWC number which will be different to your UK one, if you have one.