Gem to Bermuda

HoopTroop

Bermuda Monday 8am thru Wednesdays 5 pm

Not to hard to take :D

From NCL - Norwegian Gem’s itinerary for her sailing departing on August 29 will call on the Royal Naval Dockyard, Bermuda arriving on Monday at 8 am and remaining until Wednesday at 5 p.m.

Edited by biker@sea

Its a bit of a shocker, usually cruises from NY get rerouted to Canada if there is a storm.

Its a pleasant surprise. I actually was going to put a deposit while I was on the Gem for Bermuda for next year. Now I don't have to :)

You may enjoy it so much you want to go back!

Its a bit of a shocker, usually cruises from NY get rerouted to Canada if there is a storm.

Its a pleasant surprise. I actually was going to put a deposit while I was on the Gem for Bermuda for next year. Now I don't have to :)

Last year Carnival Splendor was headed to Canada and re-routed to Bermuda. That was a nice surprise!!! :D

Last October we were rerouted opposite, we were on the Dawn and had a very nice vacation in Nassau and Great Stirrup Cay instead of Bermuda due to Hurricane Gonzalo....Only downside for us was that we only had 2 port days....

You might enjoy Bermuda so much, that you'll want to return next year anyway. I've done Boston to Bermuda cruises about 4 times.

Loved Bermuda, it's definitely a much nicer place to get "diverted" to - although families with kids destined for Disney for 6 hours might feel different about it ... might want to be prepared for a somewhat bumpy ride with the weather systems in play - GEM is a fast ship, capable of outrunning your typical storm doing 24 to 25 knots with gale force wind for a boost :D

Local authorities can definitely launch extra ferry services to accommodate the #'s of cruise ship pax on the islands, but - the mid-sized public transit buses are going to be a challenge, allow extra time if sightseeing on your own. The same buses are chartered for ship tours, surely they can take care of an extra ship full of pax heading their way.

The Dawn will be there Sunday through Tuesday, If a RCCL ship is also in port, the Gem might need to tender during the entire stay.

Woof, Horseshoe is going to look as crowded as Coney Island on the 4th of July...lol What a great diversion. Safe sailings to all.