intercontinental Miami precruise?

gay head

We are going on the Breeze on January 3 leaving out of Miami.We are flying in from Houston the day before and need a hotel next to the port. I :Dwas thinking of the intercontiental but just saw it is $236 a night.Does anyone know of a way to get it for less or is there another hotel that is nice?

We are going on the Breeze on January 3 leaving out of Miami.We are flying in from Houston the day before and need a hotel next to the port. I :Dwas thinking of the intercontiental but just saw it is $236 a night.Does anyone know of a way to get it for less or is there another hotel that is nice?

Try last minute travel dot com. There is a club there you can sign up for free, or call the number given for a better price. Good luck.

$236 is worth it. Fantastic rooms, great views, just an eight minute walk to Bayside, I could go on and on.

We stayed there one night in May the day before boarding the BREEZE....I don't think I'll ever stay at another hotel in Miami.

We stayed there in July, before our Breeze cruise.

I guess I am in the minority when I say this, but I was NOT impressed with it..

Just seemed a little TOO uppity for me. The place was just WAY too big.

Elevators took FOREVER...

I personally, would never stay there again.

However, we did get a great rate. $136 per night.

But it was July. In Miami:D:D

try priceline dot com

My husband and I stayed in Miami once before our cruise, but we stayed by the airport since they offered free shuttle to the cruise port. We have stayed at an Intercontinental before, but in Boston, and loved the hotel.

We always have good luck in getting good hotel rates through Hotwire.com. They have 2 options; pay more and know the exact name of your hotel or book without knowing the name of your hotel, but the type of hotel brands included in that star range (Radisson, Intercontinental, etc.). We always book the unknown and have always had a great price and a great hotel.

but we stayed by the airport since they offered free shuttle to the cruise port. l.

do not let a free shuttle be the deciding factor. Many times these shuttles leave when you already want to be at the pier ahead of the crowd.

The shuttles do not leave the hotel-- first come first serve-- until 11am. and you end up arrivng enmasse with a couple hundred of your sailing companions.

WOW-- just priced out the intercontinental-- 300. per night. I fell off my chair.

Any cheap places are Biscayne area. Dad wants to try Bubba Gumps (LOL)

LOL!!! Are you OK????:D:D

Did you try Holiday Inn at the Port?

That's what I am looking at for January.

Prices are SO freakin' high in the winter in Miami.

GULP:o:o

LOL!!! Are you OK????:D:D

Did you try Holiday Inn at the Port?

That's what I am looking at for January.

Prices are SO freakin' high in the winter in Miami.

GULP:o:o

i am looking at Janaury too- but midweek Wednesday night for a cruise on Thursday. Taking my dad on his yearly cruise.

Im shocked at the prices because it is midweek. Ooo dont let me look at what it would cost over a weekend

i am looking at Janaury too- but midweek Wednesday night for a cruise on Thursday. Taking my dad on his yearly cruise.

Im shocked at the prices because it is midweek. Ooo dont let me look at what it would cost over a weekend

LOL! I am looking at a Saturday night:eek::eek:

Hoping your rates look better than mine.

lol

Good Luck!!!!!

We always use the Port of Miami Holiday Inn, it is right opposite the Bayside Marketplace so plenty to do for a pre- cruise evening. You can ask for a room overlooking the port and watch your ship come in.. I got the Intercontinental on Chopin place for $90 some time ago, bid 4* star downtown ( it's the only 4 * IIRC) but to be honest I prefer the Holiday inn. Intercontinental was just overflowing with staff wanting to do something for you , with their hand out. While I usually a generous tipper, this really got on my nerves....

From the airport to Holiday Inn, taxi was $24- from HInn to the port was $8 by taxi.

It can be had on LMT Club for $194.84+33.41 taxes/fees = $228.25.

As JohninDC said...it's kind of peak season for South Florida.

Here's my take.

Very nice hotel. Good price. Book it.

You can then continue to see if the price changes and you can get it lower but you will have your reservation.

January 3 is part of the high season in Miami in terms of tourism.

Enjoy!

Keith

You can then continue to see if the price changes and you can get it lower but you will have your reservation.

Good point. The rate I quoted from LMT Club is refundable up to three days before as usual. The OP quoted a Non-Refundable rate from the IC though.

• 3 weeks later...

Bid on a 4 star on Priceline and select Downtown Miami. There are only about 4 4-stars in the downtown district, so even if you didn't get the Intercontinental you'd get a good hotel.

I just got it for $96 a night (plus tax), and it's a bay view.

I'd originally bid $80 for a 4-star. It said it couldn't secure my room for that, but I could immediately rebid if I increased my bid by $16. I did it, and that's what I got. The cheapest rate I can find for the dates I bid for was $161, so it's a killer deal.

I use Priceline regularly and have only once had a hotel that didn't meet my expectations, in all the years and all the bids. I like it.

Yes, the Intercontinental is very nice ... but it's not worth a big upcharge over the other properties in downtown Miami. I used hotel dot com and got the downtown Hilton for $96. I hope I'm not disappointed. I guess I'll find out in a few days. :)

I've stayed at the Hyatt, the Bayside Marriott, the Intercontinental and the Fontainebleau (OK, that's not downtown, but it was a great locale for a business trip). I don't know that I have a favorite yet ... but it's so much fun to keep looking!

Just note, I felt a big drawback to the Intercontinental was the lack of balconies. There is a big wide ledge you can sit on to look out of your room, but I was there in November and it had been about 20 degrees when I left Cleveland ... I really would have loved to sit on a balcony those evenings.

Edited by emeraldcity