Barcelona Hotels

Thom71

We stayed at the Hotel Continental Barcelona last year in May 2016. Nice location right on Las Ramblas, nice European hotel with all the basics, and a 24 hour snack area with free wine and beer. The staff was also very helpful.

Is that the pink hotel?

We've stayed at Hotel 1898 twice prior to TA cruises and highly recommend it. They also have a lovely rooftop pool/bar and sitting area. Located right on Las Ramblas with a Starbucks on the ground floor.

Loved Hotel 1898 and would stay there again in a heartbeat. It's in a fabulous location and it is absolutely beautiful. The room was small but very well appointed.

We stayed at Hotel Continental Barcelona <barcelona@hotelcontinental.com> and loved it. It was right on Los Rambles with a balcony overlooking the street. That was years ago, so not sure how it is now.

I stayed at the Continental prior to the Harmony TA because there were going to be a lot of cruisers staying there.... It is an odd little place. Free flowing beer and wine all day and a good location on Las Ramblas, but outdated and quirky. Not sure I'd go back.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I stayed at the Continental prior to the Harmony TA because there were going to be a lot of cruisers staying there.... It is an odd little place. Free flowing beer and wine all day and a good location on Las Ramblas, but outdated and quirky. Not sure I'd go back.

Good luck!

I don't think I could handle the pink!

We stayed at Hotel Continental Barcelona <barcelona@hotelcontinental.com> and loved it. It was right on Los Rambles with a balcony overlooking the street. That was years ago, so not sure how it is now.

Pink everything, plastic Rubbermaid stacked drawers as a dresser, nasty buffet bar (every time I went by it for 5 days, it was poorly stocked and what was there looked like it had been sitting for hours), and it shares a building with a 2* hotel and a hostel... It wasn't my choice - it was my friends' decision. Won't stay there again!!! It ranked up there with a Motel 6 for me...

I don't think I could handle the pink!

I could not stand the pink. My friends had chosen the hotel, so I was stuck. We started calling it the Pink "Bordello" - it reminded us of the cheesey wh*rehouses in bad movies...

Edited by slidergirl

• 4 months later...

Just got back from our trip and wanted to follow up on our hotel choice..........Casa Camper

I would highly recommend this facility to everyone..........over the top service!

It's right off of Las Ramblas..........has a very cool deck area on top and an honor system bar and food area

Breakfast was excellent

I'd go back to spend a few days here..........just a great place

Barcelona hosts over 400 hotels from all sorts, styles and budgets... as anyone can see in these posts above, there seems to be something for everybody :) (or not, LOL!)

Check out the Barcelona’s Hotel Association Guild for a detailed list of them all...

Note that besides hotels, the city has +10,000 tourist apartments -technically called: dwellings for tourist- that you can find thru Airbnb, Booking, Homestay, etc.

Just back two weeks from a great trip on the Freedom of the seas. Have some tips that some might find interesting. On the last night of the cruise I informed the Service desk I only wanted to pay 50% of the SUGGESTED gratuity, so they credited our act. $189. Took those funds & spread them to the people on board who had been so kind & gracious to us for the two weeks. Remember, you should control how you spend your money. Royal Carribean did not give me a hard time.

We met people on the cruise who were spending $200 a night to be close to Cataluna Square. We stayed about 15 blocks away at a 3 star hotel called the Villadomat for $63 per night without food. Booked thru Hotwire. A little more if booked directly. We were extremely pleased with this hotel. Mornings we enjoyed the walk & evenings we took a cab for 6 euros. While there is no Uber in Spain the cabs are extremely reasonable & plentiful.

Just back two weeks from a great trip on the Freedom of the seas. Have some tips that some might find interesting. On the last night of the cruise I informed the Service desk I only wanted to pay 50% of the SUGGESTED gratuity, so they credited our act. $189. Took those funds & spread them to the people on board who had been so kind & gracious to us for the two weeks. Remember, you should control how you spend your money. Royal Carribean did not give me a hard time.

We met people on the cruise who were spending $200 a night to be close to Cataluna Square. We stayed about 15 blocks away at a 3 star hotel called the Villadomat for $63 per night without food. Booked thru Hotwire. A little more if booked directly. We were extremely pleased with this hotel. Mornings we enjoyed the walk & evenings we took a cab for 6 euros. While there is no Uber in Spain the cabs are extremely reasonable & plentiful.

The only problem with that is the behind the scenes staff who put in the same effort to make your cruise enjoyable only got 50%

I always give the tip to the crew fund so it gets spread to all.

I booked a cruise just two months in advance so almost all hotels sold out. I had Marriott points and hoped to stay near las ramblas area. HOwever the only hotel available was AC Barcelona Forum. IT was farther from port and airport, but decided to book it. SO glad I did! It's in a great area near ocean with huge mall across the street. We got an 18th floor room overlooking the ocean and with free, delicious, and incredibly expansive buffet. Also ate light dinner on beautiful pool patio roof deck overlooking city on one side and ocean on the other. Staff was incredible. SO happy I used my points here!

The dates are finally up for the Hotels we are looking at during our stay in April of 2018, We would like any reviews from those who have stayed at HOTEL EUROPARK OR HOTEL ARC LA RAMBLA those are the 2 we are looking at cannot decide which is better need your views.