Passenger Health Form

kenmerloo

• 3 weeks later...
Just found the Passenger Health Form on line. Does this need to be completed by everybody, or only if you have health issues ?

Thank you

Was unable to find a Passenger Health Form on the Princess website, but if you're talking about the form that you have to fill out for check-in, that is a mandatory form and is not optional. At least it is if you cruise out of Seattle, Vancouver, and New York City. I believe it's true world-wide though. Each adult must fill one out and up to 4 minors can be put on any adult form. I'm talking about the one that asks a couple of questions about if you've had a fever and a cough, etc. recently. If you're talking about some other form, I do not know.

Tom

Was unable to find a Passenger Health Form on the Princess website, but if you're talking about the form that you have to fill out for check-in, that is a mandatory form and is not optional. At least it is if you cruise out of Seattle, Vancouver, and New York City. I believe it's true world-wide though. Each adult must fill one out and up to 4 minors can be put on any adult form. I'm talking about the one that asks a couple of questions about if you've had a fever and a cough, etc. recently. If you're talking about some other form, I do not know.

Tom

This form is given out at the port before embarking. I don't believe it is online. I wish it was online so I didn't have to fumble with a pen while trying to walk and talk and read and write all at the same time.

Too, I understand that there a couple of extra questions. Like have you traveled from Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nigeria?

You are required to fill it out the "day of " your cruise. It's easy and doesn't require detailed information of your past medical history.

Mainly only wants to know if you are currently feeling sick or have been around/exposed to anyone who has been. :)

LuLu

The CLIA Public Health Questionnaire (also known as the CLIA Pre-Boarding Public Health Questionnaire) is available online. I know because I downloaded a copy of it and have it on my computer. However, there is really little point in filling it out in advance as it takes less than a minute to fill out at the cruise terminal and then they know you "just now" did it.

The new process, at least in San Pedro a couple of weeks ago, is that you go to a desk just inside the terminal where the forms are. The new forms have additional questions related to Ebola. A rep will check each person's form (everyone must fill it out) and put their initials or mark on the form. When you check in, you hand over the form and it's checked again.

The form is not online and from what I could see, they will not accept one pre-filled out.

Here's a photo of the new form:

603d645cc728a315b15483defcaf13b1.jpg

Just found the Passenger Health Form on line. Does this need to be completed by everybody, or only if you have health issues ?

Thank you

I saw the same form on my cruise personalizer where you Check in. It looked to me like you fill it out if you have an issue. I do not, so did not fill it out. I show as all checked in, so it must not be mandatory!

That is my best guess!!

I saw the same form on my cruise personalizer where you Check in. It looked to me like you fill it out if you have an issue. I do not, so did not fill it out. I show as all checked in, so it must not be mandatory!

It is required. You will be given the form posted by Pam_in_CA in the cruise terminal and will not be allowed to complete check-in unless you complete it and hand it in.

It is required. You will be given the form posted by Pam_in_CA in the cruise terminal and will not be allowed to complete check-in unless you complete it and hand it in.

The form with the personalized is different. It's a form you fill out and if I remember right have your doc sign off if you have a medical issue. It's not the same as the form you fill out when getting on the cruise.

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

The form with the personalized is different. It's a form you fill out and if I remember right have your doc sign off if you have a medical issue. It's not the same as the form you fill out when getting on the cruise.
Ahh... apples and oranges. Both are "health" forms. The first is what you'd find in your Cruise Personalizer to fill out and complete if you have a medical issue. The other, far more common, form is what every passenger must fill out and complete in the terminal before check-in.

The new process, at least in San Pedro a couple of weeks ago, is that you go to a desk just inside the terminal where the forms are. The new forms have additional questions related to Ebola. A rep will check each person's form (everyone must fill it out) and put their initials or mark on the form. When you check in, you hand over the form and it's checked again.

The form is not online and from what I could see, they will not accept one pre-filled out.

Here's a photo of the new form:

603d645cc728a315b15483defcaf13b1.jpg

I'm glad Pam pointed this out. In the past it was a few questions with large boxes where NO was the desired answer. A quick glance by a gate keeper and you were on the way.

The revised form with questions related to Ebola now seems to be taken very seriously. Last week out of Pier 21 in Port Everglades the form, once completed, required a stop for review by an agent that both highlighted and initialed my answers. Seperately, the gatekeeper looked at the form to ensure that it was highlighted and initialed before I could pass to ascend the escalator.

Those are the steps to follow. Princess has to work with the physical layout of the pier's terminal, and at Pier 21 for our departure, this was a corner for confusion.

After X-ray, and for some a stop to declare wine, the next stop is the high-top table to fill out the health questionnaire-- which was past the escalator. So newbies, unaware, would line up to pass the gatekeeper and ascend, only to find out they had to go to the table to complete the form, while previous cruisers in the gatekeeper's line with completed health questionnaires were turned away because the form had not been reviewed, initialed and highlighted.

At least at that terminal, there wasn't the space to layout one table to complete the form, followed by another table for review, before the escalator and checkpoint. I'm sure each terminal is different. I'd say it just helps to be aware of the new procedures and steps so you know what you're expected to do.

PREVIOUSLY, those simple few questions with the desired NO answer would always remind me of the era in airline travel where you were asked two questions with a desired NO answer as you checked in: 1. Did you pack your own luggage? and 2. Did anyone unknown to you give you anything to carry with you? (or wording similar to that). NOW, not so much.

This form is given out at the port before embarking. I don't believe it is online. I wish it was online so I didn't have to fumble with a pen while trying to walk and talk and read and write all at the same time.

Too, I understand that there a couple of extra questions. Like have you traveled from Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nigeria?

Nigeria!!!

They have had one case of Ebola, as has the USA.

If Princess are going to deny boarding to anyone who has been in Nigeria, then perhaps they should also deny boarding to anyone who has been in the US!!

BTW, the story of the nurse from Maine is being heavily reported over here.

I wish it were online. As I mentioned earlier, there are extra questions ebola related.

I still can't walk, talk, read and write all at the same time without endangering myself and others. I also refused to hold up the line like some people that I have been behind. There were 15 people in line in Ft. Lauderdale blocking the passage filling out their firms and everyone double checking what each person had written.

I've always taken extra copies of the old health form so I can complete them at home & avoid the crowded table in the terminal. Since they started using the new forms in the last few weeks I'll have to stock up on them on my next cruise for the subsequent trips. They hadn't changed the old form in years so probably the new one will be around for a long time to come.

Uh, That was the point I was making (that they are different from each other) since the op asked about the online form and many assumed she was talking about the form you sign when getting on the ship.

Ahh... apples and oranges. Both are "health" forms. The first is what you'd find in your Cruise Personalizer to fill out and complete if you have a medical issue. The other, far more common, form is what every passenger must fill out and complete in the terminal before check-in.

Does anyone have a printable copy of the form that we can use ahead of time. I tried to print out Pam's but it is just too small.

Marilee

Sorry but not that simple any more. Looks like they want you to fill them out when you get there and they have employees double checking.

I wish it were online. As I mentioned earlier, there are extra questions ebola related.

I still can't walk, talk, read and write all at the same time without endangering myself and others. I also refused to hold up the line like some people that I have been behind. There were 15 people in line in Ft. Lauderdale blocking the passage filling out their firms and everyone double checking what each person had written.

The new form still takes less than 5 seconds to complete so I wouldn't bother to try and complete ahead of time.

Mike:)

Uh, That was the point I was making (that they are different from each other) since the op asked about the online form and many assumed she was talking about the form you sign when getting on the ship.

i agree. Sometimes there is an echo in here.

The new form still takes less than 5 seconds to complete so I wouldn't bother to try and complete ahead of time.

I don't know about you but when I'm proceeding through the check-in process I have my boarding papers in one hand with passports, a backpack over my shoulders & dragging a suitcase with the other hand. The last thing I want to do is fight people trying to find space at a table filling out a form. It's so much easier to have it pre-filled out from home & hand it to the person doing the checking.

Sorry but not that simple any more. Looks like they want you to fill them out when you get there and they have employees double checking.

True. I've done two since this new procedure and they make you at least sign in front of them. Thanks Ebola hysteria.

I don't know about you but when I'm proceeding through the check-in process I have my boarding papers in one hand with passports, a backpack over my shoulders & dragging a suitcase with the other hand. The last thing I want to do is fight people trying to find space at a table filling out a form. It's so much easier to have it pre-filled out from home & hand it to the person doing the checking.

There were tables aplenty at Quebec City and the last time we were at FLL. Never seen anyone having to fight for space to fill out a form whereas I have seen passengers in such a frenzy to board you would think the ship was sailing in the next 10 minutes.