No assigned cabin yet. When to worry?

CaliforniaAC

Ok, after twenty cruises, eleven of them with HAL, almost nine and a half years on Cruise Critic, and over 1,680 posts, I never thought I'd be asking this question...

We haven't received our Stateroom assignment for our upcoming Collectors' Voyage on the Noordam.

It has never been this long. The roll call members on the first leg have been receiving their cabin assignments for three days, and now the roll call members on the second leg are getting theirs.

This has never happened to us.

By now the cabin is assigned, boarding passes and luggage tags are printed, and everything is stowed safely in my cruise notebook.

We leave for Ft. Lauderdale a week from today.

My Travel Agent is on a Trans Atlantic.

Goodness, this sounds like whining! I am just a very routine comforted cruiser that likes to have all her fingers on the buttons.

I'n not sure if it is time to be concerned or not.

Any advice? Has anyone had something go wrong? Am I worrying for no reason?:confused:

Thanks in advance for help :)

Interesting, because often Collectors get assigned first/early.

No need to worry, you'll be assigned by 3 or 4 days out most likely. Some people say the longer you wait, the better the assignment!

Please come back and tell us how you did!

Edited by SilvertoGold

I had to wait until 3 days before one time:eek:. You still have plenty of time;). Be sure to look over the weekend. They do assign them then. Be sure to check your luggage tags (pretend to print them) first because it will populate there as soon as it's assigned. It takes about a day or so to populate on your reservations side.

Is there anyone at your travel agent's agency who might help you? Failing that, I might even call HAL. It does seem strange.

I've done many, many guarantees. It's not at all strange. Your TA or HAL will not be able to tell you any more than we can here. Trust me, I'm the guarantee queen.

Is there anyone at your travel agent's agency who might help you? Failing that, I might even call HAL. It does seem strange.

HAL is all over the board with assignments, so nothing is really "strange". They are possibly still doing upsells, too, so that would impact the assignments.

Way back I did in fact call HAL, and they said, "Hmm, soon, likely". Now, no more, just wait!

If you book guarentees, you really have to have a lot of patience!

Edited by SilvertoGold

HAL is all over the board with assignments, so nothing is really "strange". They are possibly still doing upsells, too, so that would impact the assignments.

Way back I did in fact call HAL, and they said, "Hmm, soon, likely". Now, no more, just wait!

If you book guarentees, you really have to have a lot of patience!

Exactly! I did a Bermuda cruise and one lady got an assignment quite late. She was freaking out about it. I bet she made comments on the hour about it on the roll call and phoned HAL a million times. I don't think that is a person that s/b booking guarantees but she said she would do it again:D. Yikes:eek:!

DH and I did one Holland America guarantee and we didn't find out our cabin assignment until we arrived at the port. The stevedores all have the manifest and ours took our luggage out of the car, looked up our names and wrote the cabin number on luggage tags and put them on our luggage. No big deal. I had called HAL the day before the cruise and was told we would find out at the port, so I wasn't worried.

Thank you everyone for the good advice.

Many guarantees, this is the only odd ball (besides me of course:p).

I really appreciate the info on the stevedores. now I know how they will know my cabin number.

Good deal everyone!

Vict0riann- I am glad one person was on the same page as me!

I will get back and let everyone know.

I try to maintain roll call etiquette, and look back on the thread when I have commented in it, or asked a question:).

AC

You never have to worry, you know you have a cabin, just not which one. You might not find out until you check in.........but you have a cabin. Hopefully your inline to get a nice upgrade.

As others have asked, please come back and let us know which cabin you received

My latest assignment ever was on the Crystal Serenity. I was connecting from another ship my cruise started with an overnight in port but my ship did not arrive until the morning of departure. Everybody else had checked in a day earlier and when I walked up the gangway I still didn't have an assignment. I registered at the front desk and got my assignment AFTER I was on the ship.

No matter how long it takes you WILL get an assignment. If the ship is seriously oversold, HAL will offer people sweeter and sweeter incentives to switch to another date until a cabin is freed up.

Roy

We are on the Noordam on Nov 24th in an SC guarantee. I got an email from HAL today offering an upsell to the PS. It was more than I wanted to pay, but I called anyway.

I thanked them for offering the upsell & asked what the cost might be to upsell to the corner aft suite we really wanted all along. He agent spoke with her supervisor and offered it to us at no charge.

I have an assignment I thought was better than the PS 4 weeks before the cruise. It NEVER hurts to ask!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are on the Noordam on Nov 24th in an SC guarantee. I got an email from HAL today offering an upsell to the PS. It was more than I wanted to pay, but I called anyway.

I thanked them for offering the upsell & asked what the cost might be to upsell to the corner aft suite we really wanted all along. He agent spoke with her supervisor and offered it to us at no charge.

I have an assignment I thought was better than the PS 4 weeks before the cruise. It NEVER hurts to ask!

Nice deal! I did the same to keep my aft wrap. How much did they want for the upsell to the PS and for how long a cruise? Mine was $1100 pp for a 11 day.

Ok, after twenty cruises, eleven of them with HAL, almost nine and a half years on Cruise Critic, and over 1,680 posts, I never thought I'd be asking this question...

We haven't received our Stateroom assignment for our upcoming Collectors' Voyage on the Noordam.

It has never been this long. The roll call members on the first leg have been receiving their cabin assignments for three days, and now the roll call members on the second leg are getting theirs.

This has never happened to us.

By now the cabin is assigned, boarding passes and luggage tags are printed, and everything is stowed safely in my cruise notebook.

We leave for Ft. Lauderdale a week from today.

My Travel Agent is on a Trans Atlantic.

Goodness, this sounds like whining! I am just a very routine comforted cruiser that likes to have all her fingers on the buttons.

I'n not sure if it is time to be concerned or not.

Any advice? Has anyone had something go wrong? Am I worrying for no reason?:confused:

Thanks in advance for help :)

I know just how you feel. I am just obsessing over it. Checking my reservations 2 or 3 times during the day. Just crazy. I think embarkation is stressful enough so I hope I don't have to add getting a room assignment at the pier to the mix.