Does anyone else Hate all the noise on the Lido??

marshhawk

On our last three cruises, we have found that the noise level on the Lido deck is way out of control. My boss used to kid me about having "old" ears, but she cruised with me last and even she said it was over the top. I do keep reading reviews that complain, but how can we make a change? I like music, but not to the point when I cant hear you talk, or myself think. Any one else having a problem with the noise?

On our last three cruises, we have found that the noise level on the Lido deck is way out of control. My boss used to kid me about having "old" ears, but she cruised with me last and even she said it was over the top. I do keep reading reviews that complain, but how can we make a change? I like music, but not to the point when I cant hear you talk, or myself think. Any one else having a problem with the noise?

Yes.. Absolutely.. I totally agree.. way to loud and its impossible to carry on a conversation even if they are sitting right beside you! With all the complaining you would think they would turn it down to a reasonable level... BUT.. NOOOOOOOOO...:eek:;)

Hate? With a capital "H"?

Nope, don't hate anything that much.

I'm in my late 50's and enjoy the atmosphere on the Lido. It's not about me. It's about making 51% of the population happy.

If I want or desire peace and quiet, I seek it out and easily find it.

On my Triumph cruise last year I avoided the lido deck because the music was "hurt your ears" loud. Maybe I have "old" ears? I was 42 at the time :rolleyes:

Sent from my Galaxy Note

On our May 11 Dream cruise I found it too loud and didn't care for the music so I avoided the area. The only time we were there was to watch a movie at night and at times you couldn't hear that. I wish they had used the same volume for the movies.

That's why I like the Spirit class. I have 3 pools to choose from; one noisy, one less noisy, and one serene.

Do you have a problem with it being loud while being up there or loud because you have a balcony room nearby and can hear everything??

Loud just being out there, sitting out in the evening, having a smoke, enjoying the sunset, or the sunrise with a cup of coffee.

Go ahead, laugh now, but the lock and handle fell out of the ladies room door while I was in the stall, and I screamed for 20 minutes one night on the Elation, because no one could hear me. Why have it LOUD all the time? I think it's to keep the employees moving, I have read some think it is to keep us in party mode, and sometimes people think it is to keep everyone off the Lido deck, but the problem has primary been on the Fantasy class ships at the front pool area. They could just have quiet time, from 6 to 9 a.m., and from 6-9 p.m.. and just see what happens.:rolleyes:FONT]

Loud is the future. Younger generations under the age of 40 like things loud.

But they are not on the same cruise that I am on, can they make a quiet cruise and a loud cruise? I work with 20 some things and they do not like today's music, they listen to what their parents listened to, and it sure doesn't sound like what they play on board. Any way this is about too loud. Not good or bad music, just too loud!

Loud is the future. Younger generations under the age of 40 like things loud.

Because they're the ones who've lost their hearing when young, due to the loud sound damage to their ears.

Yes, I found the noise (I can't call it music) on the Lido unbearable. And, not I'm not under 40 and still have my hearing.

Because they're the ones who've lost their hearing when young, due to the loud sound damage to their ears.

Yes, I found the noise (I can't call it music) on the Lido unbearable. And, not I'm not under 40 and still have my hearing.

I am am in my mid 30s and still have my hearing. Loud music adds makes it a more lively atmosphere. It makes it a fun ship imho

Yes it is to loud (not content, just VOLUME) and when you can't hear someone opposite you at on of the small tables on lido something should be done.

A month or so back I wrote on John Healds facebook page that the volume on the lido deck of the Freedom was finally turned down to a level were you could hear. Only thing was I was on another ship about a half mile away. The music from the Freedom could be heard above the music aborad the ship I was on. That's WAAAAAAY to loud. Heading out next month on the Freedom with a decibel meter.

Doesn't bother me. I usually have my music up loud anyway, so I'm used to it. I like that atmosphere, and on the ships I've been on, there's always somewhere to get away from it if you want more of a quiet atmosphere.

Edited by Fitzget

Not all cruise lines are as obsessed as Carnival about ridiculously loud lido decks. Yes, they'll have a band playing, or a game going on, but it's usually at a lower, more enjoyable level.

Going to the other extreme, we sailed Holland America last summer. Talk about a quiet lido deck! No music, no games, no announcements. It was so quiet, you could hear the next person thinking. Just people, laying around the pool, going for a swim (yes, the pool was big enough to swim), or quietly enjoying the passing scenery with a book in hand.

In a sense, it was absolutely blissful. I loved it. But I can see how people who enjoy the high energy of Carnival's lido deck would consider this to be hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've cruised most of the major North American cruise lines, and I have not experienced the noise level that Carnival's Lido deck has on any other line. IMO this became more of a problem when Carnival introduced the DJ to the Lido deck. I think it is to be expected when you put a 21 year old in charge of the music.

John Heald stated on his social media page a while back that Carnival was going to turn the volume down due to so many complaints about it, but apparently that was just lip service.