Captain's Club Bonus Points!

JonnyCT81

[quote name='long_shot45']"The rich get richer and the poor get poorer" After reading this entire thread it is evident that the higher you get, the more you think you are entitled to. A cabin sold is a cabin sold. Why would Celeb. discount it to a loyalty member?[/QUOTE]

For the same reason they offer discounts to seniors, Military, teachers, local residents, fire fighters, police, Credit card holders, groups etc..

It's one of their tools in their mixed bag of marketing tricks that helps keep their ships full.

[quote name='need2bespoiled']You can get them towards to the towards a flight, but not towards making an elite level.

Happy sailing,
Jenna[/quote]

With Delta when you get to Platinum Level you can gift Medallion Silver Status to anyone. I got my platinum card last year.

[quote name='bigbenboys']With Delta when you get to Platinum Level you can gift Medallion Silver Status to anyone. I got my platinum card last year.[/QUOTE]

Nice, but it still doesn't mean you can just give points towards status to anyone/multuple people as you get more points you don't need. It seems you can gift one person Silver (like Classic CC?) status. Onther reason United is far behind? Still a very nice perk.

Happy sailing,
Jenna

[quote name='need2bespoiled']Nice, but it still doesn't mean you can just give points towards status to anyone/multuple people as you get more points you don't need. It seems you can gift one person Silver (like Classic CC?) status. Onther reason United is far behind? Still a very nice perk.

Happy sailing,
Jenna[/QUOTE]

United lets their "Lifetime Elites" (million milers) gift equivalent status to 1 person, and change that person one time annually. I'm only about 110,000 miles away from lifetime silver... WOO HOO. not that silver is anything anymore with untied. :-(

United lets their "Lifetime Elites" (million milers) gift equivalent status to 1 person, and change that person one time annually. I'm only about 110,000 miles away from lifetime silver... WOO HOO. not that silver is anything anymore with untied. :-(

Silver is OK at best, but I have gotten quite a few upgrades on Silver. I'll make Gold this year, yeah, or if I do a pretty big run, I could make Platinum, but you don't get that much more. 1k is a ways away for me. Quite a few years before I'll hit 1million at this rate, but I should at some point, but the problem is, I think I am going to leave United.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Silver is OK at best, but I have gotten quite a few upgrades on Silver. I'll make Gold this year, yeah, or if I do a pretty big run, I could make Platinum, but you don't get that much more. 1k is a ways away for me. Quite a few years before I'll hit 1million at this rate, but I should at some point, but the problem is, I think I am going to leave United.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Me too, they've abandoned Cleveland, pulling an entire terminal out, so I now no longer feel any loyalty to them after 15 years of nothing but continental/united flights. Paying extra many times just to build status and earn loyalty. all down the toilet now. I was platinum every year since 2003 with continental, and made Presidential Platinum when that came out and Global Services for the 1st 2 years after merger with United, now nothing since they no longer fly where I need to go from where I live without connections - and usually out of the way connections. It was a good run though. sigh.

Hi all,

Apologies for not including originally, but the offer for reduced deposits is not eligible for the UK. Thanks!

So is it safe to assume from this post that that the extra Captain's Club points are available to UK residents for qualifying bookings?

Thank you

Bumping this thread to give Celebrity another opportunity to answer. It was not a rhetorical question!

Celebrity: You clearly monitor these boards, so how about responding?

Bumping this thread to give Celebrity another opportunity to answer. It was not a rhetorical question!

Celebrity: You clearly monitor these boards, so how about responding?

Ahh, the answers are in the T&C's of the celebrity UK offering on the celebrity UK website:

http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/cruise-deals/123go.aspx

6. Loyalty guests (Classic level and above) who book Ocean View and above, between 02 June 2014 and 31 July 2014, on any applicable sail date within 123Go promotion, 9 months or further in advance, will receive 25 bonus club points upon completion of their sailing. If a loyalty member books a Suite Class stateroom 9 months or further in advance, they will receive 50 bonus Club Points. Credit would be applied after sailing has occurred.

• 3 weeks later...

Our sailing ended on the 4th July and we have been credited with normal points provided for a sailing but still waiting the 25 bonus points. We have a cruise in October so don't want to do an online check in or request luggage tags until credited as the bonus points takes us to Elite.

Anyone else still waiting?

Cheers

Our sailing ended on the 4th July and we have been credited with normal points provided for a sailing but still waiting the 25 bonus points. We have a cruise in October so don't want to do an online check in or request luggage tags until credited as the bonus points takes us to Elite.

Cheers

In that case give a call to Captain Club to expertise the extra credit points.

Edited by verizon

Cheers

No need to wait. The only place it matters is when you check, if your status is going up. It will also be noted on your sea pass card. It does not effect your online check in or ordering luggage tags.

Cheers

Hope you get the bonus points. I had an issue with them last year. They never gave me the 25 bonus points. I am "supposed" to again get 25 bonus points next August, but I am guarded as to ever receiving the points as promised last year.

Good luck to you!

Edited by Cruise a holic

Just spoke with Captains Club today (no wait) reference the 25 points we didn't receive for our Feb 14 sailing. The young man (Cody) said that there were many difficulties with this & that they're actually still posting accounts. I then asked about our next cruise (Booked 1 Jan 14 for a 1 Mar 15 cruise). He said if we booked during a 123GO at least 9 months out it will automatically be posted to our account after the sailing.

We'll see, that extra 50 points will push us to Elite+. If I ever get the points I'll post it in large bold letters!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We booked this last week for May of 2015. 12 night Baltic cruise on the Silhouettte. I copied and pasted the text from the email that we got from Celebrity for our TA and we got--Pre-paid gratuites from the TA, classic bev package and $300 OBC from Celebrity and the 123GO promo, 25 bonus points in Captains Club for booking so early, and a once class upgrade on our cabin, paid for 1B, staying in 1A. All in all, not a bad deal because we know we really want to go on this one.. oh, also got a 50% reduction on our deposit.

Thats a great deal but try getting the points added its taking a while and I dont understand how a company as big as Celebrity cant just run an automatic reports against the cruisers cc number and add the points accordingly

Not too difficult

I tried to swap our original 123 Go promo with the current 123 Go ending tomorrow for an existing booking we originally made under the World Tour early deployment promotion, which was available to Captain's Club members for booking one of the new itineraries released this spring. We wouldn't have gain more 123 Go obc (an even swap) but were hoping to gain the 25 extra Captain's Club points with the latest promo. Our travel agent talked to Celebrity and Celebrity told her that we could not combine two Captain's Club promotions, so we could select only 1) the 25 bonus points with the latest 123 Go promotion or 2) our original World Tour deployment obc with the 123 Go in place at the time. In other worlds, we could not keep the World Tour obc and get the 25 bonus points by swapping our original 123 Go promo with the latest 123 Go promo ending tomorrow. We opted to keep our World Tour obc instead of going with the 25 points as we are still a long way off from Zenith level and it appears the system for getting the points applied is flawed.

Has anyone had experience with this? Was anyone able to combine two Captain's Club promotions, such as the 25 points with the latest 123 Go promo and still keep the World Tour obc that he/she got for booking one of the itineraries released this spring?

It seems reasonable we can only get one Captain's Club promo - either 25 bonus point or World Tour obc, but it doesn't hurt to ask!

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone received their 25 bonus points yet for recent sailings? We returned on the 2nd July and still waiting. Have contacted CC on several occasions but seems there is an issue in Miami with reports........

Yes.

We received the 25 bonus points for our recent Summit cruise to Bermuda (returned on July 20th). I thought they might be a separate entry, but they were lumped in with the normal points we accrued for the cruise.

We received ours after three calls to captains club. It took three months.

We decided not to pay more for the points for two cruises booked. At our level we may or may not reach zenith someday and there needs to be more to elite plus or something between the two for incentive.